After the birth....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by R J 1980, Jan 31, 2011.

1. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

Are you planning to have a little something to give out to visitors/celebrate with? For example I saw chocolate pink or blue cigars that you can personalize that are really cute, also I want to have some bottles of sparkling juice that we can all toast the baby's arrival with. I thought it would be 'festive' lol.

Anyone have any cute ideas?

2. kiraelliott

kiraelliott Mum & due #2 :)

Aw that's lovely! To be honest I haven't thought about anything like this at all - i'm more worried about visitors forcing themselves through my door. The best they'll get is a cuppa and biscuits if they're lucky lol

3. comicwife

comicwife Proud mum of 4

well with my first two while I was still in hospital hubby, my dad and brothers all have their own "wet the babies heads" celebration lol

and then about a week after I'm home we have a family and close friends party in honour of the new baby and also a little thank you from us to them for all the lovely presents that the kids and this one will be getting

and I already have the champagne in the fridge just for hubby and I to have our own little celebration to welcome our baby,have always done this as well

I really look forward to our little celebration partys especially after the last couple of crappy weeks we go through towards the end lol

4. CharmedKirsty

CharmedKirsty Well-Known Member

I would like to get a birthday cake but something baby boy themed or plain as I don't want to look children party.

5. Cathington

Cathington Well-Known Member

I never really put much thought into it tbh... but i like that idea of a mini party to celebrate the birth when you get home comicwife, might steal that idea :'D

6. R J 1980

I love this idea!

7. Char.due.jan

Char.due.jan Mummy to Luke

Oooh cake! Great idea!

8. Mini_Me_x

Mini_Me_x Well-Known Member

Ooooo champagne with the hubby sounds gooooooooooood!

:D xxx

9. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Lol i think they all sound lovely ideas but i know what i am doing after labour SLEEPING lol i remember just how tyring it is and just intend on sleeping as long as poss lol. xx

10. R J 1980

I'm jealous, I couldn't sleep at all! Between visitors and having a roomate and the adrenaline from meeting the baby I was up for almost 48 hours!

11. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I'd like a birthday cake for after the birth at home but in reality I doubt one will be made or even bought and I'd also just settle for some toast and a rest. We didn't do anything last time, it was all too traumatic and difficult just finding our feet. I must confess that getting something for others is the absolute last thing that will be on my mind!

12. Deutschette

Deutschette Mum of 1!

Hubby has offered to bring along my favourite beer to the hospital. :haha: