alcohol over xmas n new year?

nikkip75

Reaction score
now, i very rarely drink through the year, only on my birthday and even then only 1 or 2 or maybe a glass of wine at a summer bbq.

but just wondering is anyone going to have small drink with their christmas dinner or a little one to let in the new year?

with my first pg i had a shandy at a wedding and with second pg i had a glass of champagne on my 30th birthday so dont drink during pregnancy but im going to a get together on new years eve and might just have a shandy but then think is it really worth it, as in my opinion i drink to get drunk so whats the point! just feel a bit antisocial and im gonna want to go to bed at 10pm ill be so bored with all these drunken people!

whats everyone else going to do to keep up with all the revellers?

Im lucky...or not lucky depending on how you look at it :rofl:

I dont/cant drink anyway,

I used to but after not drinking during my first pregnancy and not drinking when breastfeeding, then i got pregnant when my girl was just 3 months.......well after so long without a drink it now makes me ill,

Even half a glass of wine makes all my muscles ache and makes me feel sick lol

I'm not. I know a lot of women do it and their babies are fine but I refuse to take such a silly risk. It's not a lot to ask of us not to drink for 9 months :\

im not going to at all, i really dont see the point anyway for one drink, i would love to have a baileys over xmas but i wouldnt do it i dont think its worth the risk tbh, i wouldnt let my toddler taste alcohol so im not lettin the baby in my tummy have it either lol! but i am not sayin others shouldnt, its up to the individual what they do in their pregnancies

If I'm still pregnant by then, I won't. It's personal preference to me. I've gone this long without anything...well, that's a lie. I had a small sip of Champagne at a friend's wedding, and a small sip of a beer that smelled super good back in the summer. I felt so guilty even having those two small sips (which probably won't do anything) that it's just not worth the stress of worrying about it.

:)

not for me babe no, I'm a very careful person but I know a few on here that are going to have one small christmas tipple, and I don't judge them for that.
I did read someone somewhere else on this forum that had a double rum..... which she said would '' help the pregnancy along'' her words not mine. That comment pissed me off no end, justifying drinking a double rum to help a pregnancy along.
Anyway, as I said, one small drink over christmas day/boxingday may not hurt.
enjoy it for me :D
xxx

I might do. I've had a couple of half lagers throughout my pregnancy but to be honest I haven't really enjoyed them cos I feel a bit guilty. x

I don't think it's a good idea to drink alcohol for myself if I'm pregnant which I'm not. I'm TTC this weekend as that's when ovulation is. But the problem is I won't get the witch till 28th December so would it be a bad idea to drink alcohol on xmas day if I'm pregnant before I find out on 28th? xxx

I did read someone somewhere else on this forum that had a double rum..... which she said would '' help the pregnancy along'' her words not mine. That comment pissed me off no end, justifying drinking a double rum to help a pregnancy along.

xxx

That's almost right up there with the girl my friends knew who still smokes during her pregnancy. Her reasoning is that the baby "doesn't have lungs" so it's okay to smoke, lol.

Keep in mind that she was saying this at 7 months pregnant. Uh, yeah hun... your baby DOES have lungs, lol.

I'm not. I know a lot of women do it and their babies are fine but I refuse to take such a silly risk. It's not a lot to ask of us not to drink for 9 months :\

Agree. I will wait for my bottle of west coast cooler after baby is born. I dont want to take the risk either. I just couldnt do it anyway.

xxx

That's almost right up there with the girl my friends knew who still smokes during her pregnancy. Her reasoning is that the baby "doesn't have lungs" so it's okay to smoke, lol.

Keep in mind that she was saying this at 7 months pregnant. Uh, yeah hun... your baby DOES have lungs, lol.

Oh don't get me started on this lol! I was at merry hill about 2 weeks ago, and this young pregnant girl (she looked about 16-17 tops) was walking with her mom back to the car and he mom passed her a ciggarette. I was walking beside them with my husband towards our car and we stopped at a zebra crossing type thing, and I whispered to hubby '' shes pregnant'' and she heard me! :s woops. She said '' yeah? smaller baby though innit''
i was just like :o
I think she meant that smoking would make her baby smaller, either that or she was already having a smaller baby.. I was so confused and said '' sorry?'' pretending like I didn't know what she was on about. :hissy: poor baby. I know how contraversial these threads can be so I didn't want to bring it up, but now you said that I thought I would mention it.
:( so from what I gathered she smokes to make her baby smaller??

Ahh hun, I hear ya. I could rant for days on stuff like this. My personal opinion is that we don't live in a day of age where the effects of smoking on pregnancy hasn't been proven time and time again. Not to mention just smoking in general.

I get it though. I used to be a smoker, (smoked for 10 years, I'll have quit for 6 years December 25th :dance: ) and I remember all the excuses that I used to say as well. Like how smoking takes 10 years off your life, but those are the diaper years anyways so who needs 'em? Didn't actually stop to think that it just brings the diaper years that much earlier, :rofl:

Although as for hurting yourself, that's your buisness. Don't bring down a defenceless baby who's totally relying on you to nourish and protect it.

Rant, rant, rant. :hissy:

I couldnt agree more tyff :) and well done you for stopping! 6 years is fantastic, never look back :D
xxxx

I don't drink (apart from maybe a glass of Baileys at christmas) but if I did, I can wait til after baby's born. It's not that long to wait in the grand scheme of things!

well done you for stopping! 6 years is fantastic, never look back :D
xxxx

Hee hee, thanks! :blush: I love to tell people that I successfully quit smoking. :dance:

I hate it so much now I don't think I could ever go back to it.

well done you for stopping! 6 years is fantastic, never look back :D
xxxx

Hee hee, thanks! :blush: I love to tell people that I successfully quit smoking. :dance:

I hate it so much now I don't think I could ever go back to it.

Lol im like that, been quit for years now and i cant abide it.....i hate the smell, the look, everything about it.

I wont let people talk about the fact that i used to smoke in front of my little kids tho because im to ashamed of my self for doing it in the first place and dont want them to know.

Congrats on your 6 years hun xxxx

Can I ask a quick question in here not smoking related but alchol.

My mince pies have brandy in them is that the brandy flavor or alchol? sorry if that sounds stupid but i am araid to eat them now i:( it just says brandy in ingrediants.

It's probably the alcohol, but any alcohol that would be in it would have dissolved when it was heated.

I'm sure they're heated, right? If they are, it'll definitely pooch the alcohol content.

:hugs:

thanks for all your replies ladies and i agree with you all, im not gonna bother anyway, alcohol just makes me feel sick even at the best of times!

i dont think id miss it if i never had another drink, but but but i do LOVE my baileys at christmas! suppose it will just have to sit in the cupboard until next christmas and then ill only have 2 or 3 cos i hate hangovers when you have little ones to look after the next day!!!

ah well roll on new years eve laughing at all the silly drunken people embarrasing themselves :happydance:

oh an on the smoking subject, ive never smoked so dont have to worry about that but i know a girl who smoked while pregnant and her excuse for not giving up was "what if i give up and my baby start craving nicotine,it might get stressed out"!!!!!!!!:hissy:

It's probably the alcohol, but any alcohol that would be in it would have dissolved when it was heated.

I'm sure they're heated, right? If they are, it'll definitely pooch the alcohol content.

:hugs:

Yeah they are gluten free so have to be heated or they will be like bricks lol

I just am weary of eating them. Had them when i wasnt preg just the brandy in it. I have been like this since the start with everything. Questioning everything. Dont want to phone my midwife to ask can i eat a mince pie she may laugh at me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->