alcohol over xmas n new year?

I'll be on the alcohol free Cobras this year methinks. You still get the taste of having a drink but no alcohol in it and you don't feel so out of place if everyone else is drinking cause it just looks like a normal beer bottle.

I might have a little glass of champers on my 30th though as I'll be almost in my third trimester by then.

Haha my birthday's a month before my due date, christmas is two months before it... damn timing :p but no I wont be drinking, instead I'm gonna wait for my OH's 19th (a month after) and have a drinkie then!

I dont drink when iam not pregnant so no worries for me :) .

I allways offer to do the designated driving and laugh at them all falling over lol . xx .

:blush::blush::blush::blush: I do feel a bit bad I had a bit of my oh's guiness tonight and now i feel sick so think that tells me mot to touch it again x

I don't drink at all, i've not had 1 in 4 years and not had a fag in 41/2 months so i'm now a good girl but wow does my sil keep trying to get me to drink guiness for the iron etc so she says, i think she ios so insensitive seen as her brother, my dh is a recovering alcholic.

:blush::blush::blush::blush: I do feel a bit bad I had a bit of my oh's guiness tonight and now i feel sick so think that tells me mot to touch it again x

Don't feel bad babe it's not like you had a whole one. Just don't have anymore yet, at 5 weeks your baby is sooo tiny, not even an appleseed size yet- its not worth risking anything.

i am the same as you, never been a big drinker, but i am sooo tempted for a light cocktail at the works' xmas do, probably wont though.. the midwife told me that a glass of rose wine every other week doesnt do any harm, so there you go..

I think its confusing how midwives have different opinions on this subject, surely they should all have the same rule? Mine says no alcohol as her recommendation, others say stick to the unit guidelines. Makes you wonder what to believe?
x

I have a bottle of buckz fizz for new yr I shall have a small glass if i am in mood new yr eve but its only 3.2%

I won't be having anything to drink. I haven't had anything to drink in over 2 years anyways (just a personal choice as I don't see the need to drink, I have better things to spend my $$ on then booze). I have gone this far so why the need to drink at Christmas when I only have a few months left!

I think its confusing how midwives have different opinions on this subject, surely they should all have the same rule? Mine says no alcohol as her recommendation, others say stick to the unit guidelines. Makes you wonder what to believe?
x

I find this with doctors as well. When talking about this in another thread someone pointed out that it's hard to know what exactly the damage would be, as we all metabolize alcohol differently. Also, studies are limited because they obviously can't do human testing on live infants, so they have to wait for these babes to grow up who've been subjected to alcohol during pregnancy to see if there's any common effects.

Personally, I'd stick to none. A friend of the family is having a rough go right now as her little guy has heart problems. The doctors didn't pick up anything on ultrasounds, and they found out about it once he was born. He's going to have to have open heart surgery and he's only a few months old. It's so sad.

It could have been anything that caused it, but of course his Mom is killing herself with guilt, worrying if it was that sip of wine, or that piece of soft cheese or whatever that did it to him. There's no proof of it of course, and it's highly unlikely, but when you're searching for answers you analyze every aspect of your pregnancy and worry "Was that what caused it?"

I'd rather just not have that guilt/stress to worry about.

Can I ask a quick question in here not smoking related but alchol.

My mince pies have brandy in them is that the brandy flavor or alchol? sorry if that sounds stupid but i am araid to eat them now i:( it just says brandy in ingrediants.

The brandy will be burnt off when it gets cooked :) even if it wasn't it'll be such a miniscule amount so worry not!

My mother had an odd glass of wine when she was pregnant with me (we have video proof!) and i've turned out fine.. i guess. haha, so i'm not entirely sure what to do at christmas. I haven't totally abstained from alcohol :blush:, i was a little naughty at my best friends 16th, but i only had half a glass of champagne. For christmas, i'm still in two minds. And then new year, that'll be hard. I normally go out for a couple of drinks with my friends, but i definately won't be doing that now.

My mother had an odd glass of wine when she was pregnant with me (we have video proof!) and i've turned out fine.. i guess. haha, so i'm not entirely sure what to do at christmas. I haven't totally abstained from alcohol :blush:, i was a little naughty at my best friends 16th, but i only had half a glass of champagne. For christmas, i'm still in two minds. And then new year, that'll be hard. I normally go out for a couple of drinks with my friends, but i definately won't be doing that now.

I'm not judging you or anything so don't think I'm being nasty but your body isn't developed enough to be drinking alcohol let alone whilst your pregnant. Really think you should rethink your Xmas and NYE booze plans.

X

I'm not judging you or anything so don't think I'm being nasty but your body isn't developed enough to be drinking alcohol let alone whilst your pregnant. Really think you should rethink your Xmas and NYE booze plans.

X
I have to agree blah. she is only 15 :(.
There is so much more I could say here but I will refrain. After all, my drinking experience started at 16... but then I wasn't pregnant.
15 is very young to be drinking while pregnant, whether it be the odd one or whatever.
:blush::hissy::cry:
xxxxxxxxxxx

i had a glass of champagne that i had at a wedding took one sip and felt guilty and it felt wrong it was warm by the end of the day lol but it was just for toasting the bride and groom. i havent touched a drop since was thinking i may have a glass of rose at the table xmas day but i prob have orange squash i'm addicted to it lol. i've done all the drinking i need to and wouldnt risk my babys health if you cant refrain for 9 months.
i wont even stand near a smoker either and my oh is banned to the odd roll up at the bottom of the garden too lol theres a reason why you shouldnt be drinking before 18really because you dont know your limits and drink to get drunk....

my daughter is 14 nearly and wanted a blue wkd at a bbq in the summer so me and oh had discussion and though good opportunity to educate her on the risks and what alcohol can do. we came to her having it and before she even took a swag she jumped off her chair swung my washing around on the line and it all fell off. which was funny but proved she werent capable of listening hence wkd ias still in the fridge.

i havent missed alcohol at all i've found other ways to relax like dove bubble baths filled right up to the top with vanilla candles around and my nice fluffy slippers, and fluffy bathrobe and chocolate orange hot chocolate with squirty cream and lindt chocolate balls mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm got carried away there lol.

alcohol ermmmm i can wait lol

ohhh chocolate balls of lindt.... mmmmm that makes me die of love.
The only 2 things i miss is my sherry trifle.. and im pretty sure that probably contains sherry flavourings lol! But hell.... I wont touch just incase.
Im gonna miss my chocolate cherry liqueurs this year :(

I did read someone somewhere else on this forum that had a double rum..... which she said would '' help the pregnancy along'' her words not mine. That comment pissed me off no end, justifying drinking a double rum to help a pregnancy along.

xxx

That's almost right up there with the girl my friends knew who still smokes during her pregnancy. Her reasoning is that the baby "doesn't have lungs" so it's okay to smoke, lol.

Keep in mind that she was saying this at 7 months pregnant. Uh, yeah hun... your baby DOES have lungs, lol.

Oh don't get me started on this lol! I was at merry hill about 2 weeks ago, and this young pregnant girl (she looked about 16-17 tops) was walking with her mom back to the car and he mom passed her a ciggarette. I was walking beside them with my husband towards our car and we stopped at a zebra crossing type thing, and I whispered to hubby '' shes pregnant'' and she heard me! :s woops. She said '' yeah? smaller baby though innit''
i was just like :o
I think she meant that smoking would make her baby smaller, either that or she was already having a smaller baby.. I was so confused and said '' sorry?'' pretending like I didn't know what she was on about. :hissy: poor baby. I know how contraversial these threads can be so I didn't want to bring it up, but now you said that I thought I would mention it.
:( so from what I gathered she smokes to make her baby smaller??

ewwww omg what a stupid girl, i saw a girl outside sainsburys merry hill, my oh spotted her first and ushered me past and i was gob smacked but....
last week right after antenatal class at the hosp everyone afterwards was walking back to their cars and the girl at the front of the line blatantly lit up and blew smoke over everyone behind, my oh was trying to play it down saying it was her fella but it blatantly wasnt but i couldnt help but shout .THATS UTTERLY DISGUSTING YOU MUST BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF HAVE YOU NO SHAME:hissy::hissy:. everyone behind me were chuntering things, she turned round and give us the middle peg. tell you what if she's there tonight i'm gonna go round getting leaflets and give them to her and her fella.
if you cant stop fair enough but obviously she couldnt care less and wasnt attempting to stop or ashamed of it.
x

ohhh chocolate balls of lindt.... mmmmm that makes me die of love.
The only 2 things i miss is my sherry trifle.. and im pretty sure that probably contains sherry flavourings lol! But hell.... I wont touch just incase.
Im gonna miss my chocolate cherry liqueurs this year :(

i'm sure that'll be fine hun, i let rosie eat liquers in fact she bought some from the £1 shop lol thought she was being big:rofl::rofl: so if they sell em to kids lol. mind you £1 shop aint gonna be much alcohol in em.
mmmmm sherry trifle i love that too i shall have a bit of that if there's some going dont like it tooo strong though.
what bout baileys ice cream i had a bit of that the other week surely thats not high content:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->