all being well due in may! bump buddie needed

Oh my god I have had a rough few days. Start of the week I was resembling something close to normal but since Thursday I have only been able to move off the soda/bed for work and food! I have seriously been a bad mummy to my lo. No bathtime two nights in a row, a McDonald's for tea last night (as the thought of cooking on way home from work at 545 made me want to cry) and I have given him so little attention it's awful!

I just feel so ill! I have zero energy, nausea on and off (more on then off) and achey head. And it's sodding freezing!!

Just put lo to bed (oh working all weekend-bloody shifts!!) and he made up for it all and now don't feel as awful. Here is our conversation- bear in mind he knows nothing about the baby yet and he never talks about babies, although I have been pointing them out to him on the telly last couple of weeks!
We had just finished funny bones and on back cover there are pictures of other books. One had a baby on it so he said "mummy that's a baby on that book" to which I replied "oh yes that looks a nice baby!". "yes mummy I like that baby" me-"would you like that baby to live here with you" him-"yes mummy I would like girl baby here for you" to which he started going on about two boys in house him and daddy and I'm a girl- think he thought it would even up the numbers!! Just hope we can deliver!!!

Sorry for long post including such a rant!!! But so chuffed I am going to phone oh and tell him our little convo!
Super cute! Good to hear that he likes the idea already! x

And just as a random aside....

My DH was talking to the baby last night and was gently stroking his cheek against my lower stomach and giving it little butterfly kisses. At the end, he goes "Daddy loves you and can't wait to meet you". I'm not a super mushy person but that really brought a big lump to my throat!

so sweet of him.. and lucky u.. :flower:

Jules I don't know how you coped with all the injections and everything else. I can imagine it was very stressful. Oh talking to baby is so lovely. I used to love it when oh would put his hand on my bump and lo would kick. It's a matter of weeks until that time comes!

Sarah glad you feel better some of the time but actually throwing up is awful!!

As for breast feeding when I had lo I said I would give anything a go and I did. I loved breast feeding after the initial pains and difficulties in the first week and I am so glad I tried it. My bf never even wanted to try it it freaked her out completely. Now her lo is 14 months old she has told me she wishes she had just tried.
As for pumping milk I hated it! Felt like a cow and needed absolute privacy!

Jules I don't know how you coped with all the injections and everything else. I can imagine it was very stressful. Oh talking to baby is so lovely. I used to love it when oh would put his hand on my bump and lo would kick. It's a matter of weeks until that time comes!

Sarah glad you feel better some of the time but actually throwing up is awful!!

As for breast feeding when I had lo I said I would give anything a go and I did. I loved breast feeding after the initial pains and difficulties in the first week and I am so glad I tried it. My bf never even wanted to try it it freaked her out completely. Now her lo is 14 months old she has told me she wishes she had just tried.
As for pumping milk I hated it! Felt like a cow and needed absolute privacy!
I can't imagine what it's going to be like feeling something moving inside you! I can just about get my head round that there's another little heart in their beating away but can't really imagine anything beyond that.

Yeah, the IUI/IVF process wasn't fun (especially the uncertainty). I have a serious needle phobia and it's incredible to think that at the end of it I was injecting myself morning and evening every day. You adapt much quicker than you think when you need to I guess...

Re the pumping, yah, that would definitely be done in private (but then I would if I was breast feeding too)! Thinking about both makes me feel like a cow really. When I think of my breasts/nipples I think of them as something for pleasure, it just feels really weird to think of something using them for food so I guess my choice is subconsciously trying to find a compromise. I am open-minded about feeling differently when little one is here but will have to see.

J x

When you feel the baby move it is amazing. There is nothing in the world like it. The little kicks at the beginning are sweet and then you get to the point where baby has a complete shuffle and your whole stomach changes shape as they wriggle into a new place.

The one thing I would say is tape it. And save it somewhere! I taped it on my phone and then lost my phone after I had lo I was gutted.

When you feel the baby move it is amazing. There is nothing in the world like it. The little kicks at the beginning are sweet and then you get to the point where baby has a complete shuffle and your whole stomach changes shape as they wriggle into a new place.

The one thing I would say is tape it. And save it somewhere! I taped it on my phone and then lost my phone after I had lo I was gutted.
I'll remember that tip x

Morning ladies now up for work. I'm still avoiding ms, tad worried as when away I did feel ill and sicky but since home all stopped, I know before I never had any so maybe just me, but can't help but worry! Just wanna be feelin sick like u girls!! Boobs have been bit sorer again and still have runs and burpin low. Part from that don't feel any diff but tum defo harder and tiny bit bigger trousers. Won't quiet do up so I'd say bout half 1" bigger. Xxx hope scan date comes this week. Do u think ectopic risk r better now as been touch wood feelin ok xx

Morning ladies now up for work. I'm still avoiding ms, tad worried as when away I did feel ill and sicky but since home all stopped, I know before I never had any so maybe just me, but can't help but worry! Just wanna be feelin sick like u girls!! Boobs have been bit sorer again and still have runs and burpin low. Part from that don't feel any diff but tum defo harder and tiny bit bigger trousers. Won't quiet do up so I'd say bout half 1" bigger. Xxx hope scan date comes this week. Do u think ectopic risk r better now as been touch wood feelin ok xx
Still none for me. Consultant said this is perfectly fine and that we're one of the lucky ones not to get it! Try not to worry about it as means nothing x

Ps none of my pants fit and I'm already going the elastic band trick!

Atleat youll be in a nice hospital though hun :) I imagine those private rooms will be more like hotels than hospitals! I think if I was having a C-sec id rather have that extra time in hospital anyway to recover. Plus they inject you now with anti-clotting for 5 days dont they? My mate was sent home with the meds and told to self inject :saywhat: I would not like that!!

I agree..first chance I get to get home I think Ill take it....specially since Im going with the NHS. So im guessing they will be happy with that too :haha:

xx
I've spent the majority of this year injecting myself at home for all the fertility treatment so having to do a few days of anti-clotting will be water off a duck's back! Lol x

Lol fair point that! :dohh: Youre an expert! But now you can chill and not have to think about it for months and months...your little baby is on the way! xx

Hey ladies!

So..I hope that you have all enjoyed your weekend! As well as can be anyway with all these preggo things we have going on!

Im starting to feel a little bit more human, but thats because it seems my sickness is a lot more hit and miss now. First thing when I wake up in the morning Im vomitting. Then im just starving all the time but eating doesnt take it away and just makes me feel all :sick: again. On a plus side...I did drink my first yearned for cup of tea in weeks today! :happydance: Been so turned off it, its unreal!

I was hit with the dreaded af cramps yesterday. Started at lunch time and lasted through till this morning and has swiftly gone away. I was running to the bathroom like a mad woman to make sure I wasnt bleeding but...I think its probably just stretching and probably the placenta forming etc. Its been in the exact same place as every other cramp ive had since bfp :)

Oh the midwife called me this morning :) Im seeing her 2nd Oct so thats good! I should only have a few weeks to wait then for my 12wk! Cant wait!

How do you ladies feel about breast feeding? I really want to do it but I dont think that I will be able too. I know that they try and push you into doing it these days by guilt tripping women so Im already a bit worried about how it will all go :(

xx
Really pleased you're feeling a bit better! Can't imagine how horrible MS is (and thank god I have still managed to avoid it...).

re breastfeeding, I'm probably going to be really controversial now but the idea grosses me out a bit. I totally get the whole skin-to-skin bonding and can see that that would help but I am planning on pumping out as much as I can and then refrigerating some of it and then bottle feeding with it. That way I won't feel like a cow, baby still gets all the goodness, hopefully I will avoid sore nipples, plus other people can get involved with feeding. I'm also hoping that my DH will cover two nights of feeding/changing so I can sleep, so that would mean that he can also do that if there is a supply of bottled breast milk. That's the plan anyway assuming it's all free-flowing etc. I think the bottom line is that you have to do the best you can and if that doesn't work, have a fall-back plan. Really don't think anyone should feel guilty about their choices especially if it's not working easily.

J x

To be blunt...this is exactly how I feel about it too..phew!! I feel bad for matt because I know hes desperate to bond early with the baby and have good feeding times. But I feel like breastfeeding takes away that ability if you dont pump.

Is it feasible to 100% pump? Im such a noob when it comes to these things, I have much to learn! xx

And just as a random aside....

My DH was talking to the baby last night and was gently stroking his cheek against my lower stomach and giving it little butterfly kisses. At the end, he goes "Daddy loves you and can't wait to meet you". I'm not a super mushy person but that really brought a big lump to my throat!

I know what you mean hun!! Its all those pregnancy hormones turning us into mush! To be fair...that probably would have had me in major tears. What a wonderful thing for your hubby to say and do! x

An ectopic normally ruptures and/or causes serious pain and other side effects around the 6wk mark. Thats normally when they are picked up as the person knows something is wrong at this point. If youd been ectopic hun, trust me when I say youd have known! It was horrible. The tube is forced to stretch and its not a pain you can avoid or go on with.

So yep..baby is defo in the right place :) x

Lol fair point that! :dohh: Youre an expert! But now you can chill and not have to think about it for months and months...your little baby is on the way! xx
Almost, almost. Still have to pull the daily hormonal support that I have been on since the embryo transfer so that's pulling 2 x weekly estrogen patches and the 3x daily progesterone suppositories. Will be fab to stop using them but I'm pretty nervous about doing it. Logically I know that the placenta is taking over but still... Will start to slow down the estrogen this Thursday and over a week reduce the progesterone from 3x to 2x to 1x... Will breathe easier once that process has ended and everything is still going strong xx

To be blunt...this is exactly how I feel about it too..phew!! I feel bad for matt because I know hes desperate to bond early with the baby and have good feeding times. But I feel like breastfeeding takes away that ability if you dont pump.

Is it feasible to 100% pump? Im such a noob when it comes to these things, I have much to learn! xx
I honestly don't know! I imagine you'd have to use a more sophisticated electric double pump (not that hand held one). I may start a thread on bnb to ask if anyone has done it x

Sarah, as if by magic. The ins and outs of exclusively pumping
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/129033-ins-outs-exclusively-expressing.html

Xx

Thanks ladies u guys always make me feel better!! Tummy is better today! Horra x

Almost, almost. Still have to pull the daily hormonal support that I have been on since the embryo transfer so that's pulling 2 x weekly estrogen patches and the 3x daily progesterone suppositories. Will be fab to stop using them but I'm pretty nervous about doing it. Logically I know that the placenta is taking over but still... Will start to slow down the estrogen this Thursday and over a week reduce the progesterone from 3x to 2x to 1x... Will breathe easier once that process has ended and everything is still going strong xx

I can completely understand why it makes you nervous though, even when you know its all going to be fine. I think in our subconcious, because you know your body has been needing the support, its always going to be hard to pull the plug on it. But looks to me like baby is very happy and settled and not going anywhere for another 7 months! x

Oh my...after that I am also put off from exclusive pumping...!

Oh my...after that I am also put off from exclusive pumping...!
Not me! If you read on through the thread a lit if women just found it the same as breast feeding. I'm deffo going to try that route!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->