Am I the only person..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's a shame that heated debates cannot be allowed to resolve themselves. IT CAN BE DONE!! We are all adults, we don't need to be stopped from having a heated debate. No one is forced to participate and if you feel someone is breaking forum rules with their posts then you click report and / or leave the thread.

The problem there is that so many debates getting heated so quickly and so out of control it ends up becoming more like a war zone. its incredibly upsetting and very sad to see it happen, but the frequency of it is all to often. once people start saying something they believe so strongly about, especially when it concerns their beliefs and values as a mother, then they wont back down. threads end up getting locked and people end up falling out or new members get put off posting inf ear of being "attacked".

so people make the threads cool down a bit to stop them getting locked. and then the debate gets picked up again the next day or later int he day once everyones happily settled down again and thinking a bit clearer.

Maybe it's just me then, I don't tend to look at a thread again once the pictures have started coming.

Hmmmmm but your still looking at this thread? LOL

To OP...

Did it occur to you that by making this thread you would be bombarded by more images that seemingly anger you so? Lol school boy error

Of course it did, but what can I do about the immaturity of some people??

I haven't really noticed tbh, saw it on a couple thread, though the pics were cute :lol:

I think if it was on every single thread it would get annoying, but like someone ele said, it's better than all the doom and gloom!

absolutely, i like the more postive atmosphere that been around lately- though i didnt know it was goat related lmao

A baby goat is called a kid. And therefore has every relevance to baby club :thumbup:

But in all fairness, I think the goat thing is several days old and not too funny anymore. I just don't read it anymore though, even though my gut split open reading the first time.

we aren't so much into goats now...

but,

your argument IS invalid.

https://27.media.tumblr.com/ZpBZPmjwRivvzq34bsHS6JAPo1_500.jpg

OMG!!!! kinky monkey!!

Holly i think that is the case, but i suppose its different for everyone :shrug:

I've already admitted that it doesnt make any sense to me and I dont get it. Seems out of the blue to me. One minute you're reading a debate about FF/BF the next minute there are pages and pages of goats for no aparent reason. And now that I've been explained it, I get it, but I still don't find it funny - sorry! Must have a difference sense of humour obviously. I'd rather participate in a good debate - I'm mature & intelligent enough, as are so many other mums here to do that without insulting anyone.

:thumbup:

Actually, several of the most intelligent women I've seen around the forum have been involved, at one point or another, in the goat pictures.

Really its coming down to maturity and intelligence now? Please. It's a bit of fun, thatvtakes away from nastyness. And before anyone says we want a mature debate. That really hasn't been happening in baby club lately. So fun and laughter makes a refreshing change from sadness, resentment and bitching x

OMG!!!! kinky monkey!!

Holly i think that is the case, but i suppose its different for everyone :shrug:

I've already admitted that it doesnt make any sense to me and I dont get it. Seems out of the blue to me. One minute you're reading a debate about FF/BF the next minute there are pages and pages of goats for no aparent reason. And now that I've been explained it, I get it, but I still don't find it funny - sorry! Must have a difference sense of humour obviously. I'd rather participate in a good debate - I'm mature & intelligent enough, as are so many other mums here to do that without insulting anyone.

i wasnt in on all the goat talk either, but i read it and i did have a giggle to myself everynow and again. but i did say everyone is different.

but i wouldnt say it means that the ladies joking about goats are immature and not intelligent? :wacko:

No, on the reverse, I think it's a bit insulting towards those debating, that they are assumed to be unable to let the debate come to a natural conclusion.

I give up with this thread, its hard work, everyone is stressing out over pictures ... this isnt even a debate thread :lol: :lol:

arguing about arguing :dohh: :dohh:

Really its coming down to maturity and intelligence now? Please. It's a bit of fun, thatvtakes away from nastyness. And before anyone says we want a mature debate. That really hasn't been happening in baby club lately. So fun and laughter makes a refreshing change from sadness, resentment and bitching x

WSS, its not like talking about goats lowers your IQ :dohh:

This reminds me of school

Someone slags of the popular girls, the popular girls hear about it and discuss amongst themselves... 'they only said it cos they're jealous of us'!

I understand the goat thing, when it started it was funny for a few posts. But it's old now, and all I imagine is you lot spending hours searching google images for a picture that no one else has posted yet :shrug:

This thread is actually great publicity for all Goats. It will really boost their public profile.... And they do say, any publicity is good publicity. Soon these goats will be wanting Agents, appearing on the cover of OK magazine... maybe katie Prices next hubby will be a Goat :shrug:

https://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3468/244336-bannanas_super.jpg

To OP...

Did it occur to you that by making this thread you would be bombarded by more images that seemingly anger you so? Lol school boy error

Of course it did, but what can I do about the immaturity of some people??

immature, pathetic, anything else?

nice thread NG09.

https://www.combatgold1.co.uk/images/funny/misc/Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member