Am I the only person..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told Holly about the thread on MSN... she's being taken away from Twitter... she ain't gonna be happy :lol:

I assume most of the women on here are fairly intelligent. They should know that certain threads just can't be started without some sort of bitchiness. FFing, CIO, weaning etc. Most of them start with "Not wanting to cause an argument but..." The random pictures just give a break in the bitching and whining and self righteousness :shrug:

This is exactly the point i was making.:thumbup:

I just think it's a shame that heated debates cannot be allowed to resolve themselves. IT CAN BE DONE!! We are all adults, we don't need to be stopped from having a heated debate. No one is forced to participate and if you feel someone is breaking forum rules with their posts then you click report and / or leave the thread.

Yeah, but the majority of the time it can't be done. As if you search all the past controversial threads .. they are all locked. This is the first FF/BF thread kept open in a long while. Even though it has gone in a tangent, noody has been left feeling like shit. Which they normally do :shrug:

:thumbup: that bf thread is the first thread inhavnt gone away from feeling like I failed. It's nice to see BF/FF mums on the same thread without tearing pieces out of each other x

I just think it's a shame that heated debates cannot be allowed to resolve themselves. IT CAN BE DONE!! We are all adults, we don't need to be stopped from having a heated debate. No one is forced to participate and if you feel someone is breaking forum rules with their posts then you click report and / or leave the thread.

The problem there is that so many debates getting heated so quickly and so out of control it ends up becoming more like a war zone. its incredibly upsetting and very sad to see it happen, but the frequency of it is all to often. once people start saying something they believe so strongly about, especially when it concerns their beliefs and values as a mother, then they wont back down. threads end up getting locked and people end up falling out or new members get put off posting inf ear of being "attacked".

so people make the threads cool down a bit to stop them getting locked. and then the debate gets picked up again the next day or later int he day once everyones happily settled down again and thinking a bit clearer.

Maybe it's just me then, I don't tend to look at a thread again once the pictures have started coming.

Me 2

fair enough if it annoys you, but to say it is pathetic is a bit rich when you'd rather a thread descend into a bunch of women verbally clawing at one another.. haven't we all had enough of the negativity? never heard of funny pictures offending people, can't say the same for the threads that end up getting locked though...

LOL i love how people are now arguing about pictures :dohh:

Any excuse for an arguement in this section it seems :nope:

Posting pictures of kittens/puppies/elephants/your mum .. whatever, its annoying when people post them in the middle of a debate where even if heated, its still an adult conversation, but that was the whole point of the "goat" thing and posting those pictures :dohh: :dohh: ... maybe some missed the original point and relevance, i dont know :shrug:

Yeah, but the majority of the time it can't be done. As if you search all the past controversial threads .. they are all locked. This is the first FF/BF thread kept open in a long while. Even though it has gone in a tangent, noody has been left feeling like shit. Which they normally do :shrug:

The fact is, that thread has stayed open not because of people being mature and debating in an adult manner but because predominently it is no longer a bf/ff thread at all, it's a spam thread so no need to shut it (except that spamming is meant to be against the rules).

Debates can go in a mature manner without getting locked but as I say, I rarely see it in baby club, perhaps because of the personalities here. Toddlers have had a few debates recently without getting personal or getting locked, it seems everyone is able to debate in a mature manner there which I'm thankful for :)

anyone goat a feeling this is goin to go around n around in circuls?

Attachments

• monkey1.jpg
    monkey1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2

The problem there is that so many debates getting heated so quickly and so out of control it ends up becoming more like a war zone. its incredibly upsetting and very sad to see it happen, but the frequency of it is all to often. once people start saying something they believe so strongly about, especially when it concerns their beliefs and values as a mother, then they wont back down. threads end up getting locked and people end up falling out or new members get put off posting inf ear of being "attacked".

so people make the threads cool down a bit to stop them getting locked. and then the debate gets picked up again the next day or later int he day once everyones happily settled down again and thinking a bit clearer.

Maybe it's just me then, I don't tend to look at a thread again once the pictures have started coming.

Me 2

You guys must have been the only ones then as there have been many times i have looked at that thread and there's been almost 45+ people looking at it :lol:

People love it really :haha:

Ohhh and if you dont all shusssh it with the bickering then this thread is going in the bin ... me and AB are tweeting with Matt Cardle ... leave us in fricking peace :grr: :grr:

Posting pictures of kittens/puppies/elephants/your mum .. whatever, its annoying when people post them in the middle of a debate where even if heated, its still an adult conversation, but that was the whole point of the "goat" thing and posting those pictures :dohh: :dohh: ... maybe some missed the original point and relevance, i dont know :shrug:

i love how it went from animals to your mum :rofl:

I also find it quite rude that the OP is saying she doesn't like these pics yet some ladies are purposely adding them to the thread, just to piss her off. If you don't agree with OP fine, but no need for this, just move on if you disagree. I think it very strange that these same women are saying these pics clear the air and diffuse bitchiness - isnt this being bitchy? Posting these very pics the OP is saying is annoying on the thread she started?

Sooo if we don't agree and should move on, isn't that what OP should have done.....

https://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg322/polkadotsbewley/MEGATRON.jpg

Well I don't know about the OP, but thats what I do then a good discussion gets ruined (IMO) by pics of irrelevant goats) - I move on. It's a shame really as I'm here to learn and gain experience from other fellow mums as well as share my experiences, and this cannot happen if I give up half way through a discussion because of goat/animal pics.

The pictures started to avoiud conflict, upset and people feeling judged and upset (which people are always moaning about). So even though they had no relevance, they stopped another major falling out in baby club.

Thank you for explaning it to me. Its very off putting when you come onto a thread half way through and see lots of pics that has no relevance to the Op's post and you have no idea what's going on. I often wondered if its some sort of private joke and feel like everyone knows each other on the forum and I'm on the outside (often thinkin what the hell is going on, what are people on and where can i get some!) I think that as long as people know the reason, maybe they wont be so annoyed by it. although i do think that it does still drag on a bit too much sometimes.

fair enough if it annoys you, but to say it is pathetic is a bit rich when you'd rather a thread descend into a bunch of women verbally clawing at one another.. haven't we all had enough of the negativity? never heard of funny pictures offending people, can't say the same for the threads that end up getting locked though...

Sorry, I don't believe I said that I'd prefer people verbally clawing one and other, I just don't get how it's funny to repeat yourself a million times, that's all. Shoot me now for thinking it's pathetic!

Me 2

You guys must have been the only ones then as there have been many times i have looked at that thread and there's been almost 45+ people looking at it :lol:

People love it really :haha:

57 viewing

The fact is, that thread has stayed open not because of people being mature and debating in an adult manner but because predominently it is no longer a bf/ff thread at all, it's a spam thread so no need to shut it (except that spamming is meant to be against the rules).

Debates can go in a mature manner without getting locked but as I say, I rarely see it in baby club, perhaps because of the personalities here. Toddlers have had a few debates recently without getting personal or getting locked, it seems everyone is able to debate in a mature manner there which I'm thankful for :)

And what is the harm in that? Would you rather ANOTHER BF/FF thread whcih has been locked and everyone left feeling like shit Mothers? I certainly don't. With regards to spamming, i am sure if it was that bad we would have been asked to stop by now. But i feel ALOT of people's feelings have been spared because of the pictures.

I think baby club has been pretty fab recently. There are personalities all over the forum ;)

Topical humor. Sorry OP, not to offend but thought it did sum up the argument well!
https://arherring.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/drama-llama.jpg?w=480&h=600

Ohhh and if you dont all shusssh it with the bickering then this thread is going in the bin ... me and AB are tweeting with Matt Cardle ... leave us in fricking peace :grr: :grr:

Damn straight!!

Could post some pics up of him instead of goats?

Sorry, I don't believe I said that I'd prefer people verbally clawing one and other, I just don't get how it's funny to repeat yourself a million times, that's all. Shoot me now for thinking it's pathetic!

just because you don't get a joke it doesn't mean it isn't funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"