Am I the only person..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's a shame that heated debates cannot be allowed to resolve themselves. IT CAN BE DONE!! We are all adults, we don't need to be stopped from having a heated debate. No one is forced to participate and if you feel someone is breaking forum rules with their posts then you click report and / or leave the thread.

sorry boss i hold my hands up

Attachments

• cute-funny-animals-01.jpg
    cute-funny-animals-01.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
I also find it quite rude that the OP is saying she doesn't like these pics yet some ladies are purposely adding them to the thread, just to piss her off. If you don't agree with OP fine, but no need for this, just move on if you disagree. I think it very strange that these same women are saying these pics clear the air and diffuse bitchiness - isnt this being bitchy? Posting these very pics the OP is saying is annoying on the thread she started?

Seriously hun, it's ok. It's not pissing me off at all, it's proving my point really well that it is the same people doing it on here that do it everywhere else with no regard for anyone else. I just think it's pathetic.

i thought you said that's what this thread was for, so everyone could post pictures here to avoid spamming on other threads. or did i misread?

:wave: so go if that's what you think.

and thats the childish, immaturity im talking about. I post a valid, polite, mature opinion, and you come out with that because you dont agree with it.

Thats why debates go so sour, because people dont like to hear either facts, or opinions and say silly things. :nope:

I just think it's pathetic.

Maybe, but it's better than coming on here to see people constantly whining and bitching about the same topics all the fu*king time! Not to mention posts which are created, knowing that they're going to cause an argument / debate.

This forum used to be such a fantastic place to be, now it's just bitch central. It's definitely gone down hill which is such a shame :(

Like other people have said - they're just trying to lighten the mood. Some of you may find it annoying but others find it a nice change from people slagging off other people's parenting skills.

Love it how people bitch and moan when there is a bad atmosphere in there, then when baby club is actually going nicely at the moment, they bitch and moan too .. there's no pleasing some people :lol:

Maybe we should all just post pictures of goats

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/tigtag02/3171eca5.jpg

Sorry it annoyed you OP but as a few people have said it's better than people arguing and being nasty :thumbup:

I also find it quite rude that the OP is saying she doesn't like these pics yet some ladies are purposely adding them to the thread, just to piss her off. If you don't agree with OP fine, but no need for this, just move on if you disagree. I think it very strange that these same women are saying these pics clear the air and diffuse bitchiness - isnt this being bitchy? Posting these very pics the OP is saying is annoying on the thread she started?

Sooo if we don't agree and should move on, isn't that what OP should have done.....

https://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg322/polkadotsbewley/MEGATRON.jpg

Well I don't know about the OP, but thats what I do then a good discussion gets ruined (IMO) by pics of irrelevant goats) - I move on. It's a shame really as I'm here to learn and gain experience from other fellow mums as well as share my experiences, and this cannot happen if I give up half way through a discussion because of goat/animal pics.

Maybe we should try llamas for a change of scene?

I assume most of the women on here are fairly intelligent. They should know that certain threads just can't be started without some sort of bitchiness. FFing, CIO, weaning etc. Most of them start with "Not wanting to cause an argument but..." The random pictures just give a break in the bitching and whining and self righteousness :shrug:

I just think it's a shame that heated debates cannot be allowed to resolve themselves. IT CAN BE DONE!! We are all adults, we don't need to be stopped from having a heated debate. No one is forced to participate and if you feel someone is breaking forum rules with their posts then you click report and / or leave the thread.

Yeah, but the majority of the time it can't be done. As if you search all the past controversial threads .. they are all locked. This is the first FF/BF thread kept open in a long while. Even though it has gone in a tangent, noody has been left feeling like shit. Which they normally do :shrug:

https://yourargumentisinvalid.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/node/dog.jpg

:rofl:

i love debates and i think the most recent thread re formula feeding was very healthy indeed. it got to 120ish pages and the most part was debate, the humorous pages of pictures and jokes were only a small fraction and only came when things were getting hairy. i think, unfortunately, that thread would have been locked pretty early on had it not have been diffused several times.

The problem there is that so many debates getting heated so quickly and so out of control it ends up becoming more like a war zone. its incredibly upsetting and very sad to see it happen, but the frequency of it is all to often. once people start saying something they believe so strongly about, especially when it concerns their beliefs and values as a mother, then they wont back down. threads end up getting locked and people end up falling out or new members get put off posting inf ear of being "attacked".

so people make the threads cool down a bit to stop them getting locked. and then the debate gets picked up again the next day or later int he day once everyones happily settled down again and thinking a bit clearer.

https://www.rosssea.info/pix/big/paradise_duckling.jpg

Since so many people are against goats, a duck might be a change?

Sooo if we don't agree and should move on, isn't that what OP should have done.....

https://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg322/polkadotsbewley/MEGATRON.jpg

Well I don't know about the OP, but thats what I do then a good discussion gets ruined (IMO) by pics of irrelevant goats) - I move on. It's a shame really as I'm here to learn and gain experience from other fellow mums as well as share my experiences, and this cannot happen if I give up half way through a discussion because of goat/animal pics.

The pictures started to avoiud conflict, upset and people feeling judged and upset (which people are always moaning about). So even though they had no relevance, they stopped another major falling out in baby club.

The problem there is that so many debates getting heated so quickly and so out of control it ends up becoming more like a war zone. its incredibly upsetting and very sad to see it happen, but the frequency of it is all to often. once people start saying something they believe so strongly about, especially when it concerns their beliefs and values as a mother, then they wont back down. threads end up getting locked and people end up falling out or new members get put off posting inf ear of being "attacked".

so people make the threads cool down a bit to stop them getting locked. and then the debate gets picked up again the next day or later int he day once everyones happily settled down again and thinking a bit clearer.

Maybe it's just me then, I don't tend to look at a thread again once the pictures have started coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back