Announcement help: BBQ with both families for DH bday

nixm

Reaction score
So we are going for our 12w scan on the 4th. DH bday is on the 17th so we are having a BBQ on the 15th with his fam and mine. We've told our parents but not anyone else. I need some advice on how to reveal to a group. Have thought of a welcome drink with something baby - maybe a swivel stick if I can find. Otherwise a 'we're expecting' cake in the place of a bday cake, but will then have to wait till later the day. Don't really want to do the group photo thing as it's not our/families style. Any other nice ideas??

The cake is a good idea :) even writing "Happy birthday Daddy" instead of your partners name could work.

Congrats and good luck!!

The cake is a great idea! If you don't know the gender yet, you could have the inside of the cake be yellow! ;) Maybe even put some little baby themed decorations on it? Or what I plan to do for our reveal is have a slideshow of pictures of hubby and I (we just got married) and then have a photo of our ultrasound as the last photo! Perhaps you can enlarge an ultrasound photo, have it covered, and then take off the cover?!

Thanks ladies. I also like the cake idea. Just don't want to wait until desert to reveal it.

Thanks ladies. I also like the cake idea. Just don't want to wait until desert to reveal it.

You could always announce it in the beginning with a surprise cake! "Dessert is coming first today, everyone!"

:)

I don't really have any creative ideas for you (I like the swivel stick in the drink idea! Maybe you could do pink and blue balloons too, see if anyone catches on??) I just wanted to comment how jealous I am that you're having a BBQ! It's -20 degrees where I live today and I would do anything for sunshine and BBQs! :)

The swivel stick idea is good, but then not everyone will find out at the same time like they would with a cake..

Wow -20 is bad!! I am wishing for some cold weather but not THAT cold :). I live in South Africa. It was 97F here yesterday.

Yeah I might want the ppl to rather find out as they arrive as I am scared my grandma and grandpa will miss the whole thing if it's the whole group at once. But I still love the cake idea too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->