Annual Home Toy Clearout

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
So who goes through their kid's toys before Christmas in order to make room for the new?

I usually do this twice a year but I haven't done so yet so there will be a big clearout this year. My kids really don't go without. LOL

Of course, this has to be done while they aren't home or there would be tears and kids freaking out that I am getting rid of stuff.

Lol yer i do this...

2 of my kids have birthdays not long before christmas (Oct and Nov) so we'd be drowning in toys if i didnt.

I tell the kids were doing a clear out to make sure the charity shops are fully stocked for christmas....

.....then once there in bed i go through and add more stuff to the bags lol.
I let them help me take it to the charity shop to because they feel quite proud that there helping in some way xxx

My daughter's birthday is November 8, so I usually go through her stuff first. LOL

Gees, try and get rid of clothes that are too small. She has a fit.

Yep we do this :)
Emily has done it since she was little, I've taken stuff to the hospital and children's ward of our hospital and stuff
She is always really good about it, although is now becoming a bit more mercenary and wanting to sell on Ebay :lol:

Jack Hmm i dunno he hates parting with anything so i will have to start from the bottom of his toy boxes and sneak things out

Only trouble is, I have to keep a good portion of Jayden's stuff. I have another little guy who will have tons of toys to play with later on.

We used to do this every year and give it to the fire department's Children's charity. :) I'll be doing the same thing. There's just no need for that many toys, they don't even remember half of them until you try to give it away, then its their favourite toy

We used to do this every year and give it to the fire department's Children's charity. :) I'll be doing the same thing. There's just no need for that many toys, they don't even remember half of them until you try to give it away, then its their favourite toy

So damn right!

We do this with my little brother & like Rae said, that toy that hasn't been touched since like 1930 is all of a sudden there bestest ever toy!!

yes i do this too! 3 times a year and clear out clothes about 4-5 times a year for a new wardrobe .. its amazing how many clothes they seem to stain!

i do this twice a year, or should i say try to!!! like the others said there'll be toys in the bottom of nicoles toy box that havent seen daylight since they were bought and she has a dicky fit when you try and get rid of them!!!

haha. my son has so many toys its crazy, i am going to have to do it when hes at school so he doesn't know and give it to a goodwill or something :)

iv never thort of going thow them hes bed room wnt fit any more in lol will have to start now

haha. my son has so many toys its crazy, i am going to have to do it when hes at school so he doesn't know and give it to a goodwill or something :)

Yes, best time to do it is when they are away. LOL

3 hours later and now Amanda's room is done! Usually I do it when she is in school but this time I had her (unwillingly at first) helping me go through her toys. Now she realizes that she had junk and toys that she hasn't played with for a very, very long time. I think it amazed her.

Her incentive was that new stuff was coming to her for her bday next weekend plus Christmas around the corner and we needed space for those things :)

Now I have to go through Jayden's but not much will be going bye bye since I have another boy now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->