• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Totally - remember that no cycle is a failed cycle - they know what they need to tweak for a successful later cycle. It is heartbreaking - I just put so much hope int my first cycle that I was so disappointed when it didn't work - even though I knew the statistics. When do you test?

Thursday is the blood test but I did a FRER when I got home so I could have a beer! BFN... now enjoying my beer. Monash make you have a minimum month in between but I wonder if I can start birth control? I did a short cycle last time and didn't start with birth control... are you on short/long cycle>

What do you mean short/long cycle? My cycles are 28 days. Don't start the pill until you speak to your Dr, but I started on day 2 of my period and my stims start on the 17th - pending how I feel following the consultation with the doctor. Fingers crossed! Enjoy your beer- you deserve it.

So long cycle starts with the pill...My last cycle I just started stims on day 2...no pill...i wonder if it would make a difference for me...

Ohhhh ok! I'm on long cycle then! Apparently the pill calms everything down and regulates your hormones which is why my clinic put you on it- plus it helps with timing!

Yeah thats what I thought! I was soo desperate to get started last time I asked to do short cycle. This time I'm doing what they tell me..no rushing. And in between I'm hitting the gym nightly! And yoga and massages and whatever else to be in the best shape. It's how I deal with it I guess.. I always have to do something about it. How are you going?

Hi Wish, what a sad day for you and your DH. it hurts so much at the end. i remember the feeling. i hated the fact i didn't even make it to beta either. take time to grieve and be sad and angry. i am hopeful you will be feeling better within a few weeks.
I agree with Emilina. I am not sure about starting the BC without talking to your FS. Your body needs time to purge itself from all the meds. its hard to think about taking a break for a month but believe me it feels great to be 'normal' again free of ivf drugs.

do you have an appt with your FS booked? when you eventually go I suggest take a list of questions with you and make them review all aspects of the cycle.

take care x

Aleja makes a good point... It's tough waiting to start another cycle thought!! Did you have any frozen? I hope next cycle I can get enough to freeze. I'm fine now, it's just that initial build up and anxiousness and when you finally get the BFN it's SO disappointing. I'm ok now, kind of forgotten all about it because my next cycle seems SO far away! I walk about 3 km per day with the dogs, but im not going to completely change my lifestyle for it - I think that just adds to the build up!

Hey aleja..I have appointment booked for Monday! I won't take anything until I've seen him cause even if I wanted to I have no scripts or funds haha! I think the rubbish fertilization results sort of prepared me for a BFN so it wasn't a huge shock but still mega disappointing. I howled for an hour straight like a baby! I work with toddlers and I looked around today and thought.."How hard was it for all of you to get here?"
Aside from waiting to start IVF my cycles are usually 25-28 days so day 27 is spot on I guess! Thanks for the support. How are you going?

Em, oh yes the waiting is the worst:dohh:

i think no amount of 'planning' for a possible bfn still prepares us for the heartbreak. We all want to be the ones who get lucky first go..it does happen...but sometimes its simply just bad luck. I guess the thing we can take from it is the lessons for next time.

Wish, i work with children too...i too wonder how natural conception actually happens at all with all the things I now know about fertility and conception!
In terms of the lack of fertilisation, that is something that can be improved hopefully, maybe looking at using ICSI, or producing better eggs??
It's great to have the FS appt so soon. I am sure you will get some answers
x

Hiya Girls,

Wish, i am so sorry to hear your news. It bloody sucks alright! Its awful.. we all think and hope that ivf will be our miracle, but you know what some day it will be!!

Aleja is right take the time to be sad and grieve i know i did and if it's any consolation i also howled....and howled even more the day after. Aleja by the way you have very wise words to say. As our consultant told me too, every cycle they learn a bit more about our bodies and what works and what doesn't so think of it as that little bit closer to your goal hun.
Enjoy your beer, and i know it doesn't really help but you aren't on your own and at least we have each other to bounce off.
Keep smiling girl and have another beer.
:)
xx PS I HATE THE LONG CYCLE!!!!!! Is it ever going to end.

Thanks aleja thanks dancing queen! Feeling better today...scrubbed the s h I t outta my house...at least in not going into a second round alone! I'm sticking around till every one of us get doubles on that damn stick!! Xxx

Thanks Wish ..I think it will happen for us darl but it's finding the patience and faith that is hard

Hiya dancingqueen, where are you to in your cycle? Long cycles are a pain in the hinny that unfortunately I know well .....

Hi ladies, just wanted to say hi & try stay positive, and as wish said - you guys were here for me & I will be sticking around till u all get your bfp's - which I'm sure will be very soon xxx

Did you have the dreaded bood test Wish? When do you think you'll start your second cycle?

Em- Had the dreaded test -shudder- apparently bleeding for four days doesn't constitute a stop on the progesterone according to my nurse, untill the test. She rang me @ work o confirm a negative. Have to break for this month but going to see FS Monday to make adjustments for round 2!!!
Taylah- thanks! Hopefully we all can share your success soon. Xxxx

Wish I am so sorry :hugs: like the other girls said stay strong and enjoy the beers :)

Thanks red, hitting the pub tonight can't wait! Was just looking through some old traveling photos... Nice to remember a life before ttc. Seems like a million years ago.

Has anyone noticed how different protocols are between Australia and other countries? On some of these threds it's common for women to get 20+ eggs! One lady I was reading about got 50...34 of which fertilized. I wonder why there are such extreme differences? Don't get me wrong I dont want to be octomum or anything..

hi Wish,
yes the protocols seem to be much more medicated o/s (especially in USA). 20+ eggs sounds like too many and i would wonder about quality??
my FS said that 15 is the optimal number.

I am losing hope today. my natural FET cycle has been cancelled:nope:
apparently my BT and US results indicate that I am not going to ovulate..WTF???
I told the FS a thousand times that I have extra long cycles and that I ovulate late but apparently it won't happen at all. I am very annoyed at the FS at the moment as he flew out o/s today so he couldn't really keep monitoring me even if I am going to ovulate, so it was probably more convenient to cancel me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->