• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

OMG MJ - you guys must be over the moon, I'm so so happy for you, I know how you feel about not wanting to get excited so I will be excited for you - congrats Hun - u deserve it xxx

Oh wow MJ that is unreal!!!! Im soooo happy for you! First step in the right direction hey! That is the best news you've made my day! Every time I hear of a IVF BFP it gives me hope. Well done!
AFM- Two week wait doing ok.. the progesterone gel is SICK and my boobs hurt worse than ever before. I protect my nips in the shower from the water....how many days past 3dt can I test?

Oh and Taylah AWESOME news about your scan chic! Hopefully all this good luck will rub off a bit!

Was yours a 5 day transfer WishandWait? Don't test too early it's just too disappointing!
Keep me updated cos I have everything crossed for you!!!

Em- Was aiming for a 5 day transfer but because only two of my eight eggs fertilized they won't push it out that far, Monash only let them go to blast if you have a bigger number to work with..otherwise they say they are best in their natural environment. I had a three day transfer and by them, he was the only one left! They said it was a good three day 8 cell embryo so hopefully its the lucky one. I know what you mean by not testing but id rather get a bfn on my own than a phone call I guess..Any news with you?

Hi ladies
MJ oh wow you are up the duff!!! Congratulations hun. Was this a FET or Stim cycle? When is your beta test?

And Taylah yay for your little heartbeat. You are well on the way now

Emilina, it great you will have a chance to ask all the questions before your next cycle. A blastie would be better but as Wish said it depends on how many embryos you have . If you only have a couple I'd rather put them back earlier rather than them not making it to day 5.
As for putting back 2 embies I guess it's up to you and whether your FS supports it. Sometimes it dEpends on age and how many failed cycles you have had.

I got my AF today . So happy to see the witch !! I did an acupuncture session on the weekend and 2 days of Provera. The clinic says it couldn't have been the Provera that brought it on as it was too soon in the treatment.. So I think the acu helped

Hey Ladies!

I have my preg test on Thursday but think blasted AF will be here by then! I hope they'll allow me to put two back if I have enough to work with. I will keep you updated.

How are you going with your progesterone Wish? Is it the vaginal suppositories? They are so awful! I had to dig around every couple if nights and do a clean out (TMI!)... Not looking forward to them second time around!

Is it possible to have too much progesterone? If I have normal levels, could the supplements make levels too high? Maybe a silly question but I'm searching for reasons why implantation didn't happen!

Aleja- WOO HOO for AF! I'm a 100% believer in the acupuncture! Did you get it before/after your last transfer? Must feel good to be moving forward.

Em- I have gel suppositories and they are sooo gross! No one warned me of the utterly disgusting build up. Think ill start douching every second day! Don't know about having too much progesterone.. I know they like to see really high levels... do you think you had too much?

No idea really, I'm sure they know what they're doing... Maybe I'm just looking for a way out of the grossness of them! They're bloody terrible! All for a good cause though and TOTALLY worth it if you get that BFP!!!

Wish i am becoming a believer too. Its just too coincidental that i got AF 2 days after the pins. The Acu practitioner even told me to wait a couple of days ...
I didn't have the pre - post ET acu sessions last stim cycle but I am planning to have it during my FET . How many sessions did you have in the lead up to your ET?

Those pessaries ....ugh! They made me so sore

Aleja, I don't think its a coincidence at all! I'm a total sceptic with most things and started doing acupuncture because I read it can increase fertility.. I had it once a week for about 4 weeks leading up to collection, my practitioner said he was going to focus of releasing heat..usually I just laid there all 'yeah yeah' but this one time I held my hand over the group of needles in my tummy and the heat coming of it was craaaazy!
They have an acupuncture clinic at the hospital so I literally walked downstairs after for transfer.... I've read studies that say it can increase outcomes by 60%... either way, it can't hurt!

Good to see you all moving forward, keep us updated on testing & starting cycles xxx

hey Wish, yes I am going to start going weekly sessions as I am praying it will help with making me OV at a reasonable cycle day. I usually OV very late and I am at risk of FET cancellation if my follicles take too long to grow.
My Acu clinic is right next door to my IVF clinic HOWEVER this cycle I am having my FET in a different clinic across Sydney because my normal clinic will be closing for renos (how rude of them!!!). This means I will have to drive back to get to Acu post FET. I am not loving this idea as I read that the best outcomes are when you are in complete accessibility to ACu directly after the ET.

Hey girls, can I join you!! DH and I are going through IVF w/PGD in September as DH has a Chromosome Balanced Translocation. We have suffered 6 miscarriages a 2 missed miscarriage in the last 2 years.

Welcome Miss! Sorry to hear about your losses. Where is oz are you from?

Welcome Miss, I too am sorry for your losses, does that mean you're having PGD?

Wish & Aleja, I had acu for my 1st 2 cycles & loved, I just didn't get around to it for this cycle as it all happened so quickly & we had the transfer on the long weekend & no-one was open.

Good luck everyone else xx

How are you feeling MJ? I love seeing the ticker... So exciting!

Question for the ladies who've got bfps... Did anyone get implantation bleeding if so.. What day? Sorry if I'm being intrusive..... I just want to know what to expect I guess! I felt a bit down today, like its not gonna happen for us this time :(

Hey Girls,
Sorry i have been missing in action for the last few days. have had awful headaches...and there was me thinking i had escaped them form the lovely nasal spray. Anyway feeling better now!

MJ....Congrats! that is such wonderful news, i am delighted for you hun. Whoever said you deserve it, well i second that:) If i was computer savvy enough to have dancing things and lights across the screen for you i would, but unfortunately i am crap. Its a wonder i am even on this forum at all! hehe
Taylah good to hear all went well at the scan, that is great. How you feeling?any sickness or not too bad at the mo?
Aleja, AF at long last, that is good. At least that lets you get going with things.

Emilina i am very sorry to hear about your bfn, it's crap isn';t it?! this is just my second round of ivf but am keeping my fingers crossed for this one.
Miss Redknob, sorry to hear about your losses, hopefully we are all on the road to good outcomes now. :)
xxx

Hi ladies
Welcome miss redknob!
Wishing you well during your first cycle in September

Dancingqueen when do your stims start? Gosh those headaches sound awful

Wish, are you going to test?

MJ did you already have the beta test? How did it go?

Aleja- not sure about testing.. Im doing ok at the moment..my DH doesn't want to but if I NEED to I will. How are you hun?
Dancing queen- good to hear from you I was wondering how you were doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->