any bad sleepers who temp?

Who are theseeople that get all these hours of uninterrupted sleep??!!! I'm always waking to pee, or turn over etc.... Also when I wake I'm often on my tummy so I have to turn over to take my temp and reach my thermometer....would that affect it?

Haha citrus thanks for the info, I'm really going to try and hold off though ;) if I can until next we'd ideally as I'm off work then for a week. If I get a bfp I'm thinking of buying a bracelet box and putting the text in and giving it to my hubby pretending there's a present inside ( not a bracelet obvs but something haha) what do you think?

AF starting properly now. I'm joining you now jumpingo :) On to the next cycle.

Thanks Rainbow... I wonder if that is time of day based not hours of sleep based?

Mummy - sorry the witch got you!

Mummy, sorry she got you :hugs:

I've just had a horrible experience, was asleep on my tummy and woke suddenly almost choking, thought I was going to throw up, but it was burning my throat :( had some water (broke so glass in the dark, barefoot ha) and taken some gaviscon and it. Seems to be easing a little, but still burning a but. Anyone ever had this? Is it reflux?

jumpingo and I have actually had opposite results here - lower temps with longer, better sleep.

I hadn't heard that it was meant to rise with more sleep?

I've read it somewhere but can't remember where ATM.

If you use an adjuster it increases your temp if taken early and decreases if taken later, I've never adjusted my temps though as FF says not to

my theory is that it's typically the lowest somewhere in the middle of the night (when they assume you are in your deepest sleep, if you aren't like all of us in this thread!:roll:) and then as you approach waking up, it starts to rise. that would explain the .2 adjustment for early or late temps (i don't adjust either because FF says not to)

i am also guessing that each person probably has a fairly their own "regular" temp pattern of coming out of that deep sleep assuming they have consistent sleeping conditions every night, so that's the reason for the time being important.

however, i think there is something to be said for being in DEEP sleep.

for example, if i were a person who normally hit deep sleep at 3am and then slowly come out of it for a good reading at 6am, i wonder if the same temps (number value) would appear if i hit deep sleep at 5am and had that same temp pattern and took it at 8am (same 3 hour temp pattern, just 2 hours later)

OR would my pattern be slightly higher in temps but have the same rising pattern...?

sounds like someone needs to become a sleep doctor!:haha:

since we can't really control the quality of our sleep, i am trying to control the timing. that way there aren't 2 variables changing every day. at least if they are at the same time, i can blame it on being "sleep deprived.":blush:

Who are these people that get all these hours of uninterrupted sleep??!!! I'm always waking to pee, or turn over etc.... Also when I wake I'm often on my tummy so I have to turn over to take my temp and reach my thermometer....would that affect it?

YES, where are these people?!!:wacko:
i figure reaching for your thermometer happens every day, so even if it does affect your temp, it affects it every day, so it's a constant.:shrug:

AF starting properly now. I'm joining you now jumpingo :) On to the next cycle.

boo for AF:cry: but yay for joining me!:happydance:

I've just had a horrible experience, was asleep on my tummy and woke suddenly almost choking, thought I was going to throw up, but it was burning my throat :( had some water (broke so glass in the dark, barefoot ha) and taken some gaviscon and it. Seems to be easing a little, but still burning a but. Anyone ever had this? Is it reflux?

sounds a bit like heartburn or acid reflux? did you eat something last night that may have not settled well with you? or something different than usual?:shrug:

Fruitee: That does sound strange. It might be something you ate? It could be a sign, but I didn't think heartburn started until 3rd trimester. Although saying that every pregnancy is different.

Jumpingo: I agree. I'm kinda happy as April is my sons birthday and him being autistic he's mentally 2 and a half year old trapped in a 9 year olds body. He's only 7, but his dad is huge. This year he only got the concept that on birthdays you get presents despite him getting presents every year. So when it was my dad's birthday which is next after his as we didn't see my sister for hers due to it being exam season, he got most disappointed that he got no presents. Plus if I get pregnant this month I have a good chance of having this baby on my sister's birthday as EDD would be 20/5 and her birthday is 18/5 and I have to have a c-section to having two previously.

Things I'm doing differently, I've joined a gym and got induction today. Watching what I eat more since I've got some weight to shed might as well do it now. Also going to order some OPK and go from there.

I took it later this morning and BIG spike, I think I must be a person whose temps are really effected by time and quality of sleep :shrug:

Gosh, that sounds scary. Are you feeling ok this morning fruitee?

@Fruitee: I've never heard of anything like it, but it sounds very scary. Maybe you could check with your doc to be on the safe side?

@Rainbow: last month I took my temp a couple of time during the day (in a sad attempt to find high temperatures where there were none) and my temp went up as high as 37°C and as low as 35,5°C. And sometimes when I checked again 10 minutes later the reading was different again. So I've promised myself: from now on there will be only temping once and always in the morning.

Maybe this could be a solution for bad sleepers? https://www.ithermapp.com/

LO sttn last night so I got up at 6.15 am and it's been 5 am last few days and this morning's temp was way higher than my 5 am temps :shrug:

Still don't know what to think of my chart

[
YES, where are these people?!!:wacko:
i figure reaching for your thermometer happens every day, so even if it does affect your temp, it affects it every day, so it's a constant.:shrug:

sounds a bit like heartburn or acid reflux? did you eat something last night that may have not settled well with you? or something different than usual?:shrug:

Yeah true, I never thought of that haha. No hadn't eaten anything odd really, just fish fingers.

Fruitee: That does sound strange. It might be something you ate? It could be a sign, but I didn't think heartburn started until 3rd trimester. Although saying that every pregnancy is different..

No don't think so, it was weird :( wouldn't have thought it was a symptom this early though.

Gosh, that sounds scary. Are you feeling ok this morning fruitee?

It was, and smashing the glass in the dark didn't help, had to call dh to come and turn the light on as I was scared to move. I can still feel it a bit, will probably take more gaviscon later

@Fruitee: I've never heard of anything like it, but it sounds very scary. Maybe you could check with your doc to be on the safe side?
Thanks, I will do of it keeps up, see how I go tonight.

I've had pains today in my pelvis area, like af type pains and I'm so tired, but I have been on my feel all day, only sat down for 10 mins max.

How are you all today?

I am good. Bit tired, but then that's pretty normal since I just got up. It appears my sleep pattern is changing. Its very bad for temping though. Though it could be I got up an hour after going to bed with a really bad stomach ache. Stupid Chinese food as I swear that was what it was.

Anyway diet and gym all start today. Had all my inductions yesterday. Won't get my official plan until tomorrow, but might as well start today.

Not to bad, and I'm finding I'm getting slightly better sleep. I guess my body is more tired.
My temps are also higher now, compared to when I was ill so that was interesting.

How are you? When are you planning on testing?

Not to bad, and I'm finding I'm getting slightly better sleep. I guess my body is more tired.
My temps are also higher now, compared to when I was ill so that was interesting.

definitely think exercise would help my sleeping, but can't seem to make myself do anything:dohh: what kind of gym stuff are you going to be doing? i have never been a fan of the gym, but going with my husband makes it semi-okay. ha.

yes, fruitee let us live vicariously through you!:winkwink:

Great :) I should do something too but I'm so lazy!! Hubby has just joined the gym, keeps asking me to and I'm like :shrug:
Yeah interesting that temps have gone up....mine are staying between 36.6 and 36.8 atm so that's good too :) had 6 and a half solid hours of sleep last night too, didn't wake to use toilet, but now I need. To go as I'm trying to resist the urge to poas haha :dohh:

definitely think exercise would help my sleeping, but can't seem to make myself do anything:dohh: what kind of gym stuff are you going to be doing? i have never been a fan of the gym, but going with my husband makes it semi-okay. ha.

yes, fruitee let us live vicariously through you!:winkwink:

Haha I'm trying to hold your as long as possible, only 9dpo today and don't want the disappointment of a bfn. I have been feeling a little queasy on and off, like half way through my dinner thu I genuinely thought I was going to throw up!!! Who knows atm though

Fruitee that was how I was before I got a BFP with my daughter. I'm getting all excited for you.

I do find it easier to go with OH, although he's equally as lazy. Not much at the moment 15minutes treadmill, 15 minutes cross trainer, 15 minutes bike then weights at the end. So roughly an hour but no pain no gain right.

I need to start working out too. My doctors keep telling me to. So tired always.

Fx for you fruited!

Also - a question - I only got 4 hours of sleep last night but they were uninterrupted - I certainly feel sleep deprived but according to FF since I got 3+ in a row I don't check that box, right?

Fruitee that was how I was before I got a BFP with my daughter. I'm getting all excited for you.

I do find it easier to go with OH, although he's equally as lazy. Not much at the moment 15minutes treadmill, 15 minutes cross trainer, 15 minutes bike then weights at the end. So roughly an hour but no pain no gain right.

Ooh really, well that has given me hope after a rubbish day!!! Tried to get n here earlier but the internet signal in work is awful. Felt like crying before :cry: and not sure why, had to keep checking as was convinced af was starting, I've really struggled in work today, just wanted to sit done, had niggly pains and felt queasy on and off, not majorly but deffo there :(
I bet you will loe the gym once you get going :)

I need to start working out too. My doctors keep telling me to. So tired always.

Fx for you fruited!

Also - a question - I only got 4 hours of sleep last night but they were uninterrupted - I certainly feel sleep deprived but according to FF since I got 3+ in a row I don't check that box, right?

Thank you mint :)
Tbh I never tick the box so. I'm not much help sorry :( but I would think no with 4 plus hrs

i'm not sure what i would do either!:shrug:

i've only used sleep deprived when temping with less than 3 hours of solid sleep, but it would seem like not getting enough sleep overall would also be something worth entering into FF somehow?

any luck with an internet search? or looking on FF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->