any bad sleepers who temp?

Citrus....I have serious urge to poas even though I know it's way too early and would deffo be a bfn!!! How am I going to wait another week?!

if i was ever curious what some deep sleep would do to my temp...?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1//thumb.png
whoa huge temp dip at CD7 chart

it's an open circle because i got up to pee at 2:30am (rare for me to actually get up) but i noticed the a/c was off, and i was hot, so i turned it back on, and went to sleep with no problem. my 4:05am alarm ripped me from sleep, so i'm thinking this is what my body SHOULD be doing - deep sleep and probably lower temps? but a 1.3 degree drop is still pretty crazy! hoping this makes it easier to detect O?:haha:

i played indoor soccer for an hour yesterday so that probably confirms i need to start exercising to help me sleep better. anyone try anything to help them sleep better?

i found this article:
https://www.spine-health.com/blog/11-unconventional-sleep-tips-how-get-sleep-and-stay-asleep

which is nothing really new (despite the article's title), mostly just a reminder of things i probably should be doing before i complain about being a crap sleeper:roll:

also, we have a little bit of everything in this thread - love it!

waiting for O, waiting to POAS, waiting for AF (err, NO AF, as it may be!), waiting for appointments...:haha:

mummy2o, hoping it's not AF. it's wednesday morning here, so late-ish tuesday night there already and no AF would be a good sign if you're usually that regular (am jealous about that! knowing the almost exact time AF will hit would be so helpful!!) either way keep us posted!

fruitee, i think DPO5 or 6 is when the waiting starts to gets hard!:coffee: anything planned to keep yourself busy? plans with friends or family?

citrus, i can understand wanting to be cautious, but can't wait to get some sort of "official" results, i'm sure! but symptoms are good, even if they make you feel crappy, and reassuring in that sense. i think i saw you say sept 5th somewhere? that's my test day, so hopefully good news all around!!?:winkwink:

mint, hang in there! could just be a slow rise O? a 34 day cycle with a short LP means you still have plenty of time to O.:thumbup: obviously a longer LP is what you're hoping for, but it's still too early to be worrying about not Oing at all i think!

95.5?! Sure that isn't a thermometer problem? So low!
My temp definitely jumps up the worse sleep I get though - for sure.

Also took more OPKs today just in case and both were totally negative.

95.5?! Sure that isn't a thermometer problem? So low!
My temp definitely jumps up the worse sleep I get though - for sure.

yeah, doing some reading online and lots of articles point to thyroid problems as a possible cause for low body temps, but i had my thyroid checked a few months ago because they thought something felt weird in my throat when i just happened to be in for a really bad sore throat. i had blood work and an ultrasound on my neck. the bloodwork was normal and they did find a little bump in my neck, but the doctor said it didn't look like anything bad or out of the range of normal. guess i could keep an eye on my temps for a bit and go see the doc if they stay that low?

i have always had a low-ish temperature during the day though, so am hoping it's just a combination of generally low temps, plus deep sleep, plus turning the air on. but i wasn't cold when i woke up though. 95.5 would likely make you feel cold, no? hmm. weird.

i guess it could be my thermometer? i just got it last month...:shrug:

No AF as yet, but I missed FMU as I was half asleep and really needed to pee! So now waiting for SMU. Its terrible I'm getting my hopes up just as I'm now officially a day late.

Temps also make a difference if you sleep with your mouth open jumpingo so they would naturally be lower. I'm guessing that's why mine have been so low as I had a terrible cold for a week which I still have the end lingering now. But my temp went up to above the cover line this morning so I could be getting better.

BFN :( But I don't think I waited even two hours, so I'll try again tomorrow if AF still hasn't arrived. Grrr I hate this worse than the TWW!!!

BFN :( But I don't think I waited even two hours, so I'll try again tomorrow if AF still hasn't arrived. Grrr I hate this worse than the TWW!!!

not out until AF!! fingers crossed for you!!:thumbup:

Fruitee - I started testing with ICs at 8 dpo and got bfp at 9 dpo. Not trying to encourage crazy testing or anything!!

Mummy - sorry to hear about the BFN. I agree that sounds incredibly frustrating to be in limbo. I hope you get an answer one way or another soon.

Jump I wouldn't read too much into one temp. If it stays low for a longer time maybe mention it to your doc. But personally I've found my temp fluctuates quite a lot depending on the conditions of taking it. It's really only useful for a pattern over the course of the month I think.

Jump I wouldn't read too much into one temp. If it stays low for a longer time maybe mention it to your doc. But personally I've found my temp fluctuates quite a lot depending on the conditions of taking it. It's really only useful for a pattern over the course of the month I think.

logically, i KNOW this.:shy:
in the moment, seeing my chart go wacko drives me :wacko:

ha.

:dohh:

mummy - fx for you AF stays away.

AFM, feeling hopeful again! I was super down bc I gave in and got FF VIP and it said my fluxuating temps might indicate an annovulatory cycle (or delayed O) and this morning my temp went down again but then! I took OPKs and got a medium dark line on the strip and a flashing smiley (high) on the digi!! This was after total negatives yesterday. I am glad I started taking them again as now I tentatively have hope that this time is for real. I also had a lot of ewcm!!
I told DH and he said my body is like a car trying to start after being in the shop a long time - lol!

Also I had like the worst sleep of my life last night. Exhausted now. Barely slept a wink. :(

I'm popping in as recommended by the OP

I had a baby 14 weeks, who was bf until about 2 weeks ago. I have had one post natal AF.

After DD1 I got AF back after 6 weeks and then my religious 28 days after that. (She was bf and I wasn't temping then)

After DS I got AF back after 12 weeks and then straight back to normal 28 days.

After DD2 we decided to use FF as a natural family planning. Given the fact I've never been irregular in my life we DTD unprotected on CD27. The next day I had EWCM and my temps seem to confirm ovulation.

The problem is I'm still feeding LO twice in the night. I used to temp at 6.40 religiously every morning and now it's a bit all over the place and not the same time every day. So I'm not convinced whether I have ovulated or not :wacko:

Sorry for the rambling, I don't know how accurate temps are taken without a full nights' sleep and without taking them the same time everyday :shrug:

Hi rainbow. So you are TTC or TTprevent?
We are all sort of trying to figure out the answer to that question here.
From what I can tell so far taking it at the same time is pretty important but it is still possible to get accurate crosshairs with the sleep deprivation as long as you tick the sleep deprived box so FF factors that in.
That's how it looks to me so far anyway.
Good luck!

Hi rainbow. So you are TTC or TTprevent?
We are all sort of trying to figure out the answer to that question here.
From what I can tell so far taking it at the same time is pretty important but it is still possible to get accurate crosshairs with the sleep deprivation as long as you tick the sleep deprived box so FF factors that in.
That's how it looks to me so far anyway.
Good luck!

TTPrevent really but that's apparently gone out of the window. It wouldn't be a disaster if I was pregnant but we already have 3 under 3 :haha:

I thought it would be quite accurate still.

The temp I think I ovulated at is almost identical to my bfp cycle and my temps are still higher than my usual coverline even when taken early and I know bbt climbs the longer you sleep

jumpingo and I have actually had opposite results here - lower temps with longer, better sleep.

I hadn't heard that it was meant to rise with more sleep?

I've read it somewhere but can't remember where ATM.

If you use an adjuster it increases your temp if taken early and decreases if taken later, I've never adjusted my temps though as FF says not to

Have found something:

"Each morning upon waking, prior to any activity, take your temperature and note the result on a sheet of paper. It is preferable to take your temperature even before speaking as your temperature will be higher if you move around first. This will skew your charting results. In addition, you should try to take your temperature at approximately the same time each day and always after at least 5 hours of sleep (3 hours uninterrupted sleep minimum). Your temperature rises approximately .2 degrees per hour throughout the morning (or will be approximately .2 less for each hour earlier). This change in temperature (due to inconsistent timing) will skew your charting results"

Also this:

"Try to take the temperature at as close to the same time each day as possible -- set an alarm if you need to. Staying within a half hour either side of your average time is a good idea because your temp can vary with the time (i.e., if you usually take your temperature at 6 a.m., it is OK to take your BBT between 5:30-6:30, but the closer to 6 the better). The normal variation is by up to .2 degrees per hour -- lower if you take your temperature early, higher if you take it late."

The latter being from fertility.com

Not saying everything online is true though :haha:

I guess we're odd in the sleep deprived group. My temp was lower first temp I took today compared to 2nd. I took 2 just in case I didn't wake up at my normal time as I had some decent solid sleep. But the first temp was below the coverline, 2nd was above. So who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->