any bad sleepers who temp?

Congrats Minitastic. I'm so happy for you.

Jumpingo, we need to get our BFP this month, we're getting left behind here.

I KNOW! i didn't have too much hope going into this tww, but am starting to get hopeful i think. i just don't want to be let down that much more when it's negative, you know? would rather be pleasantly surprised when it turns out to actually be positive. (glass is definitely half empty over here:blush:) so many people that i was drawn to when i first started posting have gotten their positives, so i really hope we get ours soon so we can all reunite on the pregnancy threads!!

As for climbing MT fuji, I wouldn't straight after getting your BFP, but probably a week or two later. The reason being for some odd reason your energy plummets and you struggle with normal exercise. My friend who always went biking with her OH went on a 5 mile cycle couldn't manage it one day and got a BFP. The same happened to me. My son went horse riding and went for a hack down the road and one day I just couldn't keep up. However it quickly passed and I was able to keep up again a few weeks later. I'm not trying to put you off, just making you aware of the energy difference in the first week or two.

unfortunately, we're already going the last week the mountain is open for the climbing season. it's only open mid-july until the first week-ish of september because it's snow covered until mid july and starts snowing again mid september, so i can't push it back a week:dohh: might have to take some zzquil to get a full night's sleep for a couple night beforehand, just in case?:shrug: but thanks for the head's up. i will keep an eye on my energy level. it's a 4 day weekend for my husband this weekend and our "legally married" 1st year anniversary, but we are planning on doing nothing and just relaxing at home.:hugs:

My cousin had a baby yesterday so I'm even more broody, also doing a lot more BD this cycle. No ovulation as of yet but I think my body keeps trying and failing as its going up and down like a yo-yo daily atm, but previously I had a very neat line.

yay for more BDing!:winkwink: but BOO to other people having babies. my facebook is the WORST! sometimes i just have to avoid it because so maybe people overshare or it's all "baby-bragging.":wacko: might go on an unfriending spree!:shhh::haha:

My chart is wacky. DD still doesn't STTN so I temp when I can. I have no idea how FF is going to find my cover line. Any suggestions?

My chart is wacky. DD still doesn't STTN so I temp when I can. I have no idea how FF is going to find my cover line. Any suggestions?

welcome!!:wave:

i don't have a daughter to blame and *i* don't even sleep through the night:haha:

i would just say to take your temp at the same time everyday, regardless of whether you slept 1 hour, 3 hours or a miraculous 5 hours, before taking it. on the days you don't sleep 3 solid hours before temping, just check the "sleep deprived" box on FF and move on. it means lots of open circles on your chart, but at least the time will be the same. when i first started, i would get upset or annoyed by "bad" temps, but i'm getting better:blush:

here's what my chart looks like:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1//thumb.png

and lots of people will say "oh, you have all those circles, you should take it at the same time blahblahblah" but what they don't know, is that i DO.:roll: it's just that more than half the time i have to check sleep deprived, and FF makes any of those temps circles. i also have found if i take it a bit early or a bit late, it does affect my temp, but no SO much that FF can't figure it out over looking at the whole month.

can you upload your chart?
where are you in your cycle?
(sorry for all the questions - excited to have a new face around because we have "lost" a lot of people to BFPs...a good thing to lose them to, of course!:happydance:)

Are you allowed to climb Mt. Fuji if you get a BFP? I have heard that is a very intense hike!

UPDATE:
my husband works in the hospital on base, and i texted him earlier today about what he thought about me hiking if we found out i was pregnant the day before and he said he would ask a doc.

he asked a pediatrician he works with and they warned that it would be more strenuous activity than normal, but that there was no reason for them to give me a definite NO. if it was the first time i was hiking it or hadn't just climbed it 3 weeks ago, they might be more cautious, but said it would be fine. my husband had the same feelings, even before asking, but nice to be reassured.

soccer goalie on the other hand is going to get a big fat NO from my husband as soon as we find out i'm pregnant. boo! we just joined an indoor league and our team is finally coming together and getting better.:dohh: i love the competition and it's one of the few forms of exercise i don't hate:haha: so will be sad if i have to give that up...but would much rather have a baby!:winkwink: but how do you quit mid season before you are ready to publicly announce to anyone that you are pregnant...hmmm...:huh::dohh:

Jumpingo - you would probably have to give a vague "medical" or "health" reasons. Which people may guess what that means but that's what I would do.

I'm the opposite, I have a daughter and she manages to sleep through and I don't. Its annoying. As Jumpingo says, FF seems to make sense of them all. I generally temp within a 2 hour window. I can't set an alarm as my body will get use to the alarm and will wake up early, plus baby is still in our room atm so don't want to wake her. My temps stay fairly normal for me, and even when I was temping prior to Erika I had a jolty chart and I was temping at 7 on the dot. It still figures it out, although next month using OPK although missed this month.

Jumpingo that's good you'll be able to climb it again. As for the soccer no idea. Although Zara Phillips kept riding to 12 weeks over here. Not sure I would. I think I'll still go to the gym, but not sure. Have to wait and see

I can't remember how to upload my chart! Maybe I'm not seeing it because I use the app on my phone. Do I have to logon on the computer? My daughter usually wakes up at least once sometimes more in the middle of the night. So my sleeping patterns are all over the place. If all I need to do is take my temperature at the same time every day and mark sleep deprived I guess that makes it a lot easier than what I have been doing. Because it really is all over the place. I have literally been taking my temperature in about a three hour window every day. So the temperatures are drastically different.

Jumpingo - you would probably have to give a vague "medical" or "health" reasons. Which people may guess what that means but that's what I would do.

yeah, maybe claim i have an injury?:blush:

I'm the opposite, I have a daughter and she manages to sleep through and I don't. Its annoying. As Jumpingo says, FF seems to make sense of them all. I generally temp within a 2 hour window. I can't set an alarm as my body will get use to the alarm and will wake up early, plus baby is still in our room atm so don't want to wake her. My temps stay fairly normal for me, and even when I was temping prior to Erika I had a jolty chart and I was temping at 7 on the dot. It still figures it out, although next month using OPK although missed this month.

Jumpingo that's good you'll be able to climb it again. As for the soccer no idea. Although Zara Phillips kept riding to 12 weeks over here. Not sure I would. I think I'll still go to the gym, but not sure. Have to wait and see

i guess it does totally depend on the person. from what i understand, you can continue a lot of stuff that you have *already* been doing. but the minute any kind of red flag gets raised, i would understand why you shouldn't do other certain things. i mean, my mom worked up until the day before she had my older brother. people have been having kids for thousands of years - we have it pretty good with the technology we have now and the (sometimes) luxury to stop a lot of those "dangerous" things much earlier now.:thumbup:

I can't remember how to upload my chart! Maybe I'm not seeing it because I use the app on my phone. Do I have to logon on the computer? My daughter usually wakes up at least once sometimes more in the middle of the night. So my sleeping patterns are all over the place. If all I need to do is take my temperature at the same time every day and mark sleep deprived I guess that makes it a lot easier than what I have been doing. Because it really is all over the place. I have literally been taking my temperature in about a three hour window every day. So the temperatures are drastically different.

i do it from my computer, so i'm not sure how to do it from a phone...at least on your computer, go to your chart and underneath there are little gray buttons. click share and copy and paste the bbCode into your post.

you could also take a screen shot and then click "advanced reply" and below the text box, there's a button that says Manage Attachments and you can attach the screen shot file that way.:thumbup:

as for me, here is my chart overlay as of today, 8DPO, that is getting me a bit hopeful this month:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 12.12.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 12.12.49 PM.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
Ok. Giving it a shot. Let's see if this works!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f5a42/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

ETA: YAY! It worked! Thank you Jumpingo!

yay!\\:D/

i would say your chart looks pretty good! i hear it's fairly normal to have more erratic temps during your period, so after another week or so of temps, you might see it calm down a little bit?

i am a huge chart nerd and love looking for patterns and similarities.:blush: and even though i know it doesn't really make much sense to overlay the charts of two different women (comparing your own chart month to month is more telling since everyone will have different patterns and even temp ranges vary from woman to woman) just for fun, i overlaid my current chart over yours.

i ovulated on CD14 this cycle but when i was only at CD9 i was thinking, "WTF is up with my temps?! there is NO way this is going well:growlmad:" but sure enough, they managed to settle down and FF gave me solid cross hairs (only got dotted ones last month:haha:)

so there's still plenty of time for FF to figure yours out too!:thumbup:

Attachments

• mrs ginger overlay.jpg
    mrs ginger overlay.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/

There's my chart if you wish to see it mrs ginger. I think mine is even more erratic than yours right now. But in a few days it will find my ovulation. I should be ovulating between now-sunday as I have a 12 day lp :)

Jumpingo is it possible to overlay ours due to the C vs F temp? Just out of curiosity really. I love how we have more that one system in the world to work out things, it makes more work translating measurements in ones I want/need. Can't we just get one universal one and be done with that. The worse I find is cups into ounces although I'm probably the only young person to cook in ounces as that's how my mother taught me!

I think with the gym as I was bleeding in early pregnancy with Erika a lot due to exercise I'm a bit more cautious on the next if that makes sense. I got told no exercise at 14 weeks due to spending a lot of time at the early pregnancy unit. So we'll see how it goes this time.

Thank you and interesting! I appreciate the feedback so much. I will try and temp the same time each day instead of willy nilly lol. Last cycle was my first PP and I still EBF so wouldn't surprise me if hormones were all out of whack. We shall see. I haven't even had a chance to order OPK's yet! Getting back into the TTC groove lol.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/

There's my chart if you wish to see it mrs ginger. I think mine is even more erratic than yours right now. But in a few days it will find my ovulation. I should be ovulating between now-sunday as I have a 12 day lp :)

Jumpingo is it possible to overlay ours due to the C vs F temp? Just out of curiosity really. I love how we have more that one system in the world to work out things, it makes more work translating measurements in ones I want/need. Can't we just get one universal one and be done with that. The worse I find is cups into ounces although I'm probably the only young person to cook in ounces as that's how my mother taught me!

I think with the gym as I was bleeding in early pregnancy with Erika a lot due to exercise I'm a bit more cautious on the next if that makes sense. I got told no exercise at 14 weeks due to spending a lot of time at the early pregnancy unit. So we'll see how it goes this time.

that link just takes me to fertility friend and my own chart:shrug: try again maybe?

i don't know if we could overlay with one in C and one in F or not; i will most certainly try if i have the chance though!:haha: i'm guessing that since FF pins at the coverline, it would be able to adjust accordingly since it's just lining up the horizontal lines on a plus/minus grid?

oh man, now i'm super curious if it's possible!:shock::rofl:

ETA: yes regarding having 2 systems. i live in japan where everything is metric, and was sort of getting the hang of it when i married my husband and moved onto a military base, where everything is done in crazy numbers!:wacko: metric seems to makes more "sense" but i think the infrastructure that is already in place in the US makes switching near impossible.:roll:

Hi everyone!! Just caught up on this thread!! Still really pulling for everyone - massive congratulations mint! Keep us updated on how things progress! Jump I'm stalking U this cycle, almost time to test and ur chart is looking good. Here's hoing it's your month.

Sorry I haven't been about so much, been feeling quite sick a lot of the time and looking at a screen seems to make it worse. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Mint! :D

@Jumpingo: I'd look up a sports injury that requires you to rest for about 10 weeks or so. Maybe your husband can help you come up with something?

Sorry jumpingo I hadn't had my cup of tea yet. I'm so English at times. Anyway try this https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/415268

Citrusfruit, glad to see you still poping back. I've never really had morning sickness so not sure how to offer help, but some say ginger helps. Its fine, once you reach 12 weeks life goes back to normal apparently.

Thanks mummy. It's not too terrible really. Reasonably mild and I haven't actually been sick. It's not really preventing me from doing anything, except my diet is a bit odd at the moment!!

Excited for you all to test!! I'm sure we'll all graduate from this thread by the end of the year ��

mummy2o, i was able to overlay the charts but can't post from my phone:growlmad: so will post them in the morning...sorry!!:nope:

Citrusfruit: Glad you've never been sick. I have never been sick either. guess we're the lucky ones :) I hope your right about that. I seem to only get BFP in July, so be interesting to see if I can get one another month :)

Jumpingo: No worries. But you can see what I mean it's been spikey last few days. This morning it was the same as yesterday, no major rise though.

finally got the photos to my computer to upload:thumbup:

had another soccer game last night (lost, again:dohh: 2-9, but the score would have been at least twice that, but i got pissed and was on fire in the goal for most of the second half:haha:) so now i'm icing and hobbling around with a knee that is more purple than skin colored. :blush: oops :shrug:

anyway, here are the charts...the first one is against my cycle this month and the other one is last month's.

FF obviously calculated all your temps into degrees F to match mine, so i imagine if you did it, it would change the other person's temps to C for you.

interesting how much higher your temps are than mine though! i have always been a "cold" person and my usual temperature (i.e. when i take it to see if i have a fever, etc.) is usually pretty low, along with really low blood pressure and a resting heart beat on the low end of normal. not sure if any of those are related, but thought it was interesting to see how different they were:flower:

still hoping you get an obvious temp rise for O...:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_5052.jpg
    IMG_5052.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics