any bad sleepers who temp?

Congrats on the good scan, mummy!

When are you due, Citrus?

I'm due in April, 20 week scan next week. I'm just waiting to hear that everything is ok and what the gender is and then I think I will go out and buy a load of stuff! I am feeling my first movements now and it is just amazing!! Just feels like I have butterflies in my tummy!

Hi guys, just checking in, wow citrus can't believe you're almost at 20 weeks!!! That's flown!! So exciting.
Jump your dd is the day before my birthday :) hehe

Anyone watching children in need? I've been in bits this year, so sad :(

I'm due in April, 20 week scan next week. I'm just waiting to hear that everything is ok and what the gender is and then I think I will go out and buy a load of stuff! I am feeling my first movements now and it is just amazing!! Just feels like I have butterflies in my tummy!

oooh, that's exciting! and yeah, it's hard to believe you are half way! yay:happydance:

Hi guys, just checking in, wow citrus can't believe you're almost at 20 weeks!!! That's flown!! So exciting.

i'm tellin' ya, everyone must be frisky in september/october:haha: we have about 8 birthdays in july between my family and my husband's. poor kid will never get a birthday in school, but summer birthday parties must be fun, right??:thumbup:

also, i have edited the first page with due dates, etc. so let me know if you want yours changed to something other than what it is!:flower:

oooh, that's exciting! and yeah, it's hard to believe you are half way! yay:happydance:

i'm tellin' ya, everyone must be frisky in september/october:haha: we have about 8 birthdays in july between my family and my husband's. poor kid will never get a birthday in school, but summer birthday parties must be fun, right??:thumbup:

Generally what we do here is have a party before school breaks up or just when they go back at school age. Sammi's mum realised no one came to her party in the holidays, due to people going away so they more or less did 2. One in the summer with family and one with her friends.

I didn't get a chance to watch children in need. My son was needing to much of my attention. Probably a good thing since the only two emotions I generally have is crying my heart out or being really angry generally at my OH.

As for my due date, 20th May. However I will be having a c-section 13-15 May. They want 13th, I want 15th as it sounds a nicer birthday :)

Thanks for doing that jump!! I feel like I'm the guinea pig :)

I didn't watch children in need, I can't take the emotional guilt.

Fruitee are u approaching o time yet?

I was wondering if any of you girls ever sought professional help with your sleeping problems? Mine certainly have a psychological factor (anxiety) as well and I think I should address this now if I want to be a responsible parent and a good example for our baby. Sometimes I really wish I could just relax...

I used to sleep well up until after my first pregnancy. Maybe it's my bladder. I always have to pee at least once and then can never fall back a sleep or at least not a good deep restful sleep.

Omg guess what! I just tried my Doppler today and I found babies heartbeat and I am I only 7w6d today! It was 164. It's way up from the 118 at the ultrasound. I feel so much better now :)

Noodle that's great news!!

Eline, I have thought about it too as I also suffer from anxiety and stress. What does yours stem from? I generally think I am dying of some terrible disease or other, most of the time. Or that I'm going to lose the baby. It's really hard work. Sometimes I really feel I've conquered it and put it in a box, then it comes back just as strong. But I probably won't seek help as their first course of action here just tends to be drugs.

I was wondering if any of you girls ever sought professional help with your sleeping problems? Mine certainly have a psychological factor (anxiety) as well and I think I should address this now if I want to be a responsible parent and a good example for our baby. Sometimes I really wish I could just relax...

i never really put the 2 together:wacko: but now that you ask, i wouldn't be surprised if there was some psychological connection. i've always been a pretty light sleeper, so it could be just that. but also, i used to take antidepressants/anti-anxiety medicine in college and saw a counselor on campus once a week for about 2 years because i was pretty depressed and had anxiety attacks every once in awhile. i weaned myself off during my senior year, moved to japan and never looked back. but, i definitely have anxious days and now that i'm pregnant, i do freak out about once a week, worried about losing the baby, or this or that. i'm a major list-maker and planner, and i think that actually helps get a lot of my anxiety under control - kind of knowing what's coming and having a plan. so, this not knowing business during the first trimester is torture!!:dohh:

Omg guess what! I just tried my Doppler today and I found babies heartbeat and I am I only 7w6d today! It was 164. It's way up from the 118 at the ultrasound. I feel so much better now :)

yay, that's awesome!!:happydance: but ugh, i'm so jealous! i have an appointment this friday, but it's just the general intake - my husband asked someone he knows who works in OB and she confirmed: no ultrasound. and i highly doubt there will be any heartbeat checking, either. or, at least not getting my hopes up. but, i guess trying to remember that the 11-12week scan will be way better picture-wise, so trying to hold on to that. mid-december sounds forever away!:nope:

With me it's a combination of factors. I do pee a lot as well, I've always done that, but I have already noticed that when I'm on holiday, I pee a lot less and sometimes I even sleep through the night. So I'm guessing that maybe I don't wake up to go to the bathroom, but I just go pee because I wake up?
A second factor definitely is work stress: when I have to handle an important file the next day or if I have to go into work early, I always have trouble sleeping.
On top of that: when I wake up at night I start worrying, thinking about things that could happen. If I have had an argument recently, I start playing that again in my head, thinking what I should have said.
And last but not least I'm a bit scared of the dark, so often when I go to the bathroom at night, pictures of scary movies I've seen pop into my head which obviously doesn't help to calm me down. When I'm home alone this gets even worse and I lock my bedroom door :s

This sounds a bit like I'm a total nuthead, though I manage to live perfectly fine with all this. I really wouldn't consider taking medication to help with these problems, but I guess I could use some insight or tips on how to deal with it...

With me it's a combination of factors. I do pee a lot as well, I've always done that, but I have already noticed that when I'm on holiday, I pee a lot less and sometimes I even sleep through the night. So I'm guessing that maybe I don't wake up to go to the bathroom, but I just go pee because I wake up?
A second factor definitely is work stress: when I have to handle an important file the next day or if I have to go into work early, I always have trouble sleeping.
On top of that: when I wake up at night I start worrying, thinking about things that could happen. If I have had an argument recently, I start playing that again in my head, thinking what I should have said.
And last but not least I'm a bit scared of the dark, so often when I go to the bathroom at night, pictures of scary movies I've seen pop into my head which obviously doesn't help to calm me down. When I'm home alone this gets even worse and I lock my bedroom door :s

This sounds a bit like I'm a total nuthead, though I manage to live perfectly fine with all this. I really wouldn't consider taking medication to help with these problems, but I guess I could use some insight or tips on how to deal with it...

I never looked at it this way! Maybe mine has nothing to do with pee either. I probably have to pee because I am not fully a sleep. I don't pee more in the day so why would it change so much in the night.
And omg I am also a bit scared of the dark lol. Hubby works night shifts so I am alone with my daughter at night. It makes me feel better I have a dog and cat too. Now that I think about it I always have better sleep when hubby is home which is like twice a week.

All of these sound like me ladies!!! Totally hate the dark and hate it when hubby is away on business. But I never really got up in the night before being preg, just had trouble falling asleep in the first place.

I never looked at it this way! Maybe mine has nothing to do with pee either. I probably have to pee because I am not fully a sleep. I don't pee more in the day so why would it change so much in the night.
And omg I am also a bit scared of the dark lol. Hubby works night shifts so I am alone with my daughter at night. It makes me feel better I have a dog and cat too. Now that I think about it I always have better sleep when hubby is home which is like twice a week.

my husband is switching departments at work and will be on nights starting in february. i am not looking forward to it!:nope: he'll switch between nights and days every 3 months after that.:dohh: maybe it'll work out since i'll be getting bigger and might just have to buy a huge pregnancy pillow to keep me company!:winkwink:

I don't really have issues like that. I think with me, I've always needed to get up to pee at least once a night as long as I can remember. I generally can go back to sleep, but sometimes if my allergies are around I just get so bunged up, followed by sneezing I just wake up and my OH use to tell me to get up. So I guess its become more habit. That being said its not every night and occasionally I can sleep through without even having to pee. I can do the stop drinking before bed as I spend half my time dehydrated anyway so if I need to drink, I need to drink. The only thing which does effect it is scary films etc, like someone else mentioned. I get nightmares which I hate, but the combat for that I've found is sleeping with the light on, but I rarely watch scary things.

I'm sorry your OH is going to work nights. But think of all that bed space you'll get when you can't get comfy and have a nice big bump! You'll be glad of it. Plus he'll have the time off to come to your antenatal appointments, if he's up!

my husband is switching departments at work and will be on nights starting in february. i am not looking forward to it!:nope: he'll switch between nights and days every 3 months after that.:dohh: maybe it'll work out since i'll be getting bigger and might just have to buy a huge pregnancy pillow to keep me company!:winkwink:

You will notice once he starts nights if you are alone. But once the baby comes you won't notice lol. I used to get so lonely before I had my first baby but now that I have one I am never lonely and barely notice my husband is at work haha.

Scan tomorrow people!!! Ahhhh!!!

How's everyone feeling? Jump, has the morning sickness hit yet? I think I'm in a lovely phase of pregnancy right now. Feeling baby move every night is the most wonderful thing ever. I just can't describe how happy it makes me! And yet, I'm not fat yet! Or toooo tired. Long live the second tri!!

Scan tomorrow people!!! Ahhhh!!!

How's everyone feeling? Jump, has the morning sickness hit yet? I think I'm in a lovely phase of pregnancy right now. Feeling baby move every night is the most wonderful thing ever. I just can't describe how happy it makes me! And yet, I'm not fat yet! Or toooo tired. Long live the second tri!!

why yes, it has.:sick::haha: it's not as horrible as some ladies on these boards have it though. i usually just feel mildly car sick in the afternoons/evenings. at this point i am trying to take morning sickness as a good sign, while i wait to get some kind of (ANY!) proof there's actually a baby in there!!:huh:

I wouldn't be happy either if my OH had to work nights. I hope you can get used to it quickly. And indeed it's a plus he will be free during the day to go to your appointments with you.

I just hit 14 weeks and I'm feeling a lot better this week as well. I feel more energetic then before and I don't get nauseous any more from the smell of our kitchen. (Which also means I'm back on cooking duty, boooo!)

As for my sleeping issues, I just installed a sleep tracker app. Maybe that will give me some insight as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->