any bad sleepers who temp?

How did the scan go citrus?

I'm sorry you have morning sickness Jumpingo. Its not nice, but like you I take it as a good sign.

AFM I picked up my new car yesterday and it feels huge compared to my old one. So I spent yesterday evening driving it home in the dark at old granny speed! Also I'm doing secret santa with the March mummy's as we've all developed a good bond over the year, so I was just wondering what kinda of things you'd like to receive from someone. Its going international from England to the USA but I'm really at a loss.

I'm sorry you have morning sickness Jumpingo. Its not nice, but like you I take it as a good sign.

AFM I picked up my new car yesterday and it feels huge compared to my old one. So I spent yesterday evening driving it home in the dark at old granny speed! Also I'm doing secret santa with the March mummy's as we've all developed a good bond over the year, so I was just wondering what kinda of things you'd like to receive from someone. Its going international from England to the USA but I'm really at a loss.

my car wouldn't start this morning, so if we can't fix it for fairly cheap, we might have to get a new car too! have to call the mechanic tomorrow.:dohh:

also have my first OB appointment tomorrow, but i'm not even holding onto hope for an ultrasound. will likely end up going off base and paying out of pocket for an earlier scan than what the base hospital will give. my husband luckily has the 5th off, so we will go then. hopefully, at 9+1, even if they only do an abdominal scan, there will be something to see...?:shrug: but would be happy if they did vaginal to get a better picture!:blush:

hope everyone else is well. i'm just moody and irritable and sad most of the time. i sleep for over 9 hours but am actually in bed for more than 12 hours every night. super lazy but it's just so hard to get myself up in the mornings. if i wasn't pregnant, i would think i was depressed.:nope::shy:

Ha jump, I wasn't too bad in first tri but for some reason my tiredness is kicking in now. Sorry you are feeling so rubbish, just take it as confirmation that baby is growing nicely in there.

Well, I saw my baby BOY today! It feels a bit strange, as I had a gut feeling it was a girl! I almost feel like now I have to rebond, and as we don't have our boys name picked out yet I feel less attached to the idea of a boy. Absolutely over the moon that everything looks healthy though, and sure I will bond soon enough ��

It took forever, but after the first couple of checks I relaxed a bit and just enjoyed it. Can't believe that's it now - no more scans!!

Ha jump, I wasn't too bad in first tri but for some reason my tiredness is kicking in now. Sorry you are feeling so rubbish, just take it as confirmation that baby is growing nicely in there.

Well, I saw my baby BOY today! It feels a bit strange, as I had a gut feeling it was a girl! I almost feel like now I have to rebond, and as we don't have our boys name picked out yet I feel less attached to the idea of a boy. Absolutely over the moon that everything looks healthy though, and sure I will bond soon enough ��

It took forever, but after the first couple of checks I relaxed a bit and just enjoyed it. Can't believe that's it now - no more scans!!

Ahhhh how exciting!!!!! Congrats on the boy. I know what you mean though. You just have to rebond to having a boy. That's why I want to know early. I need time to bond with the idea of either boy or girl. I am happy with either. Boy names are just hard.

I'm doing a secret santa thing with some mommies from my first babies group. I never know what to get. If you're good at knitting you can make a scarf or even buy a scarf. Who doesn't love scarves lol. And then there is basic body lotion gifts.

mummy2o, i wanted to add:

i like christmas tree ornaments, and have all the ones my mom saved from when i was a kid, but love getting ones now for places my husband and i have been or for each year since we've been married, that kind of thing. or maybe something made near where you are from? you could probably even add a string/hook to a lot of different things and make them ornaments!:haha:

A picture of my scan, finally on here. I knew OH could do it, but sometimes it takes him a while to get around to doing things. I swear men are just lazy at times!

Citrusfruit, I'm sure you'll have this time to rebond with your baby. But even if you don't that's fine also. Also remember we're here for you regardless. When I got told my oldest was a boy I was in the operating theater and although my gut told me he was a boy, I really wanted a girl. I had to mourn for the loss of the girl, and try bonding with my son. It took a while for us to get there. I believe it was 5 months in total, so some people don't get that instant love for their child. I did also get PND, but get help as soon as you believe your depressed. As soon as I got help, I soon learnt to love my son and now we're best friends. This time I'm not to bothered if I have a boy or a girl. I would still prefer a girl just due to the age gap between DD and baby, but even if its a boy I have a great relationship with my son and that's fine also.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
Thank you for sharing your baby boy stories ladies. I was wondering about this as well. Even though I've always said I wanted a boy, since I found out I am pregnant I noticed I started longing for a girl. I guess it must be in our genes to want a baby girl or something?

Don't feel bad about feeling bad, Jumpingo. I've been feeling quite crappy sometimes during first tri, even so that I couldn't even imagine having to handle a baby on top of that. I often thought I was more excited about having a baby while TTC than while actually being pregnant. Luckily that's gotten a lot better the past few weeks. I'm getting really excited!

That's a very nice scan, mummy! :)

I had car problems last month as well, it cost me two months wages to get it fixed, so we've agreed on a budget for our Christmas gifts as well.

Thanks for the kind words mummy2o, and lovely scan pic. I already feel like I have rebonded actually, and all girl thoughts are now out of my head. Now...just for the pesky name!!!

I think the secret Santa is a lovely idea. I know I would appreciate a nice scarf or perhaps some cosy slippers at this time of year!!!

Anyone missing wine yet. I'd love a glass today after a tough week...!

I think that's the thing. I think if I found out DS was a boy at his 20 week scan I would have been a lot better prepared for his birth. I asked twice as I ended up having two scans but both times he wouldn't show us, so it wasn't really the techs fault, just my son being a pain.

Christmas shopping wise, we're half way done. In terms of we've done his family, and not mine yet! Planning on starting that in December. We don't spend loads on people, minus the kids who get way to spoiled every year, but we're not going over board this year as DS doesn't really want anything and Erika already has a lot of toys, some new and some Ossian's hand me downs. I'll have nothing to buy next Christmas when this one comes along!

I don't really miss anything in pregnancy, but then I've not really a drinker and have probably a glass on a special occasion, so will have a glass at Christmas and that's about it until baby's born. I don't really miss any food as I don't like rare steak, we're not worried about heating lunch meat over here and I have sushi once in a blue moon as Japanese ladies eat it whilst pregnant and they still have babies was my logic on that. I think as long as you don't drink every day or when you do have vast amounts you'll be fine. Probably 1-2 glasses a month, but that's just my opinion

Hi everyone :) checking in, I'm so useless lately!!! Citrus, congratulations on your baby boy, how exciting :) hope all of you are keeping well.
I've not been paying much attention to my cycle so just taking it as it comes this month, I'm prob around cd 13???

Anyone missing wine yet. I'd love a glass today after a tough week...!

some nights i could REALLY go for a beer. and then we just hosted thanksgiving on saturday and everyone else was drinking (except me and my husband, who is being so amazing and not drinking because i can't:shock:<3) and i really wanted a glass of wine or beer then.:dohh:

i don't really eat anything that's on the "don't eat while pregnant" list except maybe deli meat. but i read pepperoni is okay. yesterday my husband was making a turkey, pepperoni, provolone, mustard and mayo wrap on a whole wheat tortilla, so i just left out the turkey (and mayo cuz i'm not a fan) and added some italian dressing. it was pretty good!:thumbup:

i don't like sushi or most soft cheeses, so am in the clear on those. am i forgetting anything else?

p.s. hi fruitee!!:wave:

Don't think so jump!! I would like some Brie heh. I think we may have decided on a lovely boys name. I have been calling my bump the name but OH seems reluctant. I won't push him! Anyone else made any decisions yet on that front? I am starting to get a lovely bump - finally at 20 weeks! It's taken long enough to appear!

Also having reeeeally bad back pain. It's one sided and sort of wrapping around to my arm and breast! Horrid! Hoping to start yoga or swimming soon so hopefully that will help.

Glad you are taking the relaxed approach fruitee - often how people end up pregnant so fingers crossed.

Don't think so jump!! I would like some Brie heh. I think we may have decided on a lovely boys name. I have been calling my bump the name but OH seems reluctant. I won't push him! Anyone else made any decisions yet on that front? I am starting to get a lovely bump - finally at 20 weeks! It's taken long enough to appear!

we have talked baby names since we were dating!:blush: i have always loved talking about names, just as a topic in general. some days i play around on https://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager looking at name trends and all kinds of things.

we really liked Ella until it started showing up on top 10 lists this past year. we want to give our kid a fairly "normal" name that doesn't have a weird spelling or anything, but we also don't want it to be something that's really "trendy." so, back to the drawing board for first names, but i think we are fairly in agreement on James for a middle name. yes, for a girl:thumbup: it's my dad's first name.

we haven't had any boy names jump out at us yet, but are throwing around a couple ideas. though i'm not a huge fan of the name, i know it would mean a lot to my husband to use his grandpa's name, Alan, somewhere. so, probably as a middle name.:shrug: only thing is, our last name starts with T, so we have to be careful not to give the kid any unfortunate initials. EAT, FAT, RAT, TAT...?:haha:

Ooh, we are probably going to use James for a middle name too. Infact, we are leaning toward Jackson James.

What do you all think?

He will mostly get called Jack or maybe even JJ if it suits. I love the name Jack, but I think Jack James sounds rubbish so Jackson it is.

What not James for a boy out of interest jump? I think Alan James sounds good as a double middle name.

Ooh, we are probably going to use James for a middle name too. Infact, we are leaning toward Jackson James.

What do you all think?

He will mostly get called Jack or maybe even JJ if it suits. I love the name Jack, but I think Jack James sounds rubbish so Jackson it is.

What not James for a boy out of interest jump? I think Alan James sounds good as a double middle name.

ooh, i like Jackson James.:thumbup: lots of options for nicknames, too, if you decide to go that route. JJ is cute!! but Jack or Jackson standing alone sound nice too. i also think it's important to make sure that the first name and last name sound good together too, without the middle name. i feel like kids rarely get called by their full name growing up, unless they are in trouble with mom!:haha:

actually, sorry, yes, James is a front runner for a boy's first name, too. James Alan has potential as a first and middle combo. i would love to call him Jimmy.<3 if it's a boy and we name him James, i would still also seriously consider James for a future daughter's middle name, and vice versa if it's a girl first, despite a lot of people thinking that's weird or overkill. my mom says now that she wishes she had given all 3 of us kids her maiden name as our middle names. i figure once you are grown up, no one is wondering what your siblings' names are and thinking it's weird you have overlapping names or same names or whatever, right?:shrug:

I like Jackson James as well! We will probably giving our baby the grandparents names as middle names as well, though over here middle names aren't so important, they are written down on official documents, but we never use them, not even the initials.

Is anyone else struggling with pregnancy brain as well? I'm constantly making mistakes at work, I seem to have no concentration at all :s

I struggled more in the first tri Eline, seems to have gotten a little better. Hubby has now decided that Jackson is not THE name. Grrrr so annoyed as I was growing to associate with it as my sons name. Now back to square 1 and really feel like a name would help me bond.

A little tired and fed up today!!

Neither of my children had finalized names until they were born. With Ossian, I kind suspected he was a boy and that was going to be his name. But Erika was suppose to be Hana. This time nothing either gender wise or name wise is popping into my head.

Jumpingo I don't think people pay much attention to initials as much once you leave school and normally you just do your first and last initial. If I get married my initials will change to AA, so go with a name you like and don't worry about initials to much.

I wouldn't chose a name either if it was too popular. I do want a common name though and nothing too weird or a strange way of spelling the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->