Any FET Success Stories?

Jonesbaby19

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well.

DH & I recently underwent IVF #4 in hope of conceiving our second child and unfortunately the pregnancy ended within a week of getting my BFP, it sadly it was a chemical pregnancy. We were really hopeful that it would be a success as we had 2 hatching blastocysts transferred and my lining was good at 8mm :cry: Our RE said that he believes there must have been an issue with the embryos.

Some background on me... Our first IVF was cancelled due to poor response. Our second IVF was a BFN. Our third IVF gave us our beautiful daughter who is now 16 months old :cloud9: All of our IVF cycles to date have been fresh cycles and I have no experience with FET at all.

So onto IVF #5, we currently have 4 frozen embryos and I am going to be undertaking FET next cycle (July/August). We have 2 straws frozen at our clinic, each straw contains 1 hatching blastocyst and 1 expanding blastocyst. We will be transferring two embryos.

I would dearly love to hear some FET success stories to help build up my confidence for next cycle :hugs:

Thanks so much ladies and I wish you all the very best success for your cycles too xx :flower:

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent chemical. I know that pain all too well. My beautiful son is from a FET! From what I've read and what my RE says, FET's are becoming more and more common and the success rates are pretty incredible. They are also much less stressful than fresh cycles (fewer appointments, less meds, etc.)! Do you know whether you'll do a natural or medicated cycle?

I should be right behind you doing a natural FET cycle around September. Good luck and keep us posted!

currently pregnant with a little girl after our third attempt at a FET. (we had put two in, and one too)k. FET 1 and 2 didn't work out.

Our first and only fresh IVF resulted in our sweet twins in 2013.

keep your chin up!!! :) I hope your FET this july/august is a success!

First fresh transfer - BFN. Second fresh transfer - early miscarriage. 3rd try was a medicated FET - my now 11 month old daughter. Next medicated FET - currently 18 weeks pregnant.

My fertility nurse said that some ladies are only ever successful with FETs. They have a good success rate and easier on our bodies. Wishing you all the best. :hugs:

Hi I agree with the other ladies, I'm 20 weeks after first fet, also had endo scratch
I was talking to one of the researchers at the clinic and she said they are looking into everyone doing fet at some point due to the higher success rate, I was on estrogen longer than when I was stimming as was waiting for lining to thicken, probs took the tablets for 2-3 weeks before transfer then was on them and progesterone lessaries until 10 week's, all worth it though and as the other ladies said., less stress on your body, good luck!

Hi there,

Our first Ivf with ICSI failed, as did our 1st FET our second FET resulted in our daughter. I had endometrial scratching with all 3.
We are now looking at using our remaining blastocysts we have 4 left all frozen in one batch. Our clinic uses embryo glue now so I think we will opt to have that this time and I will have the scratching done too.

Sorry to hear your story but hopefully these success stories are boosting your confidence.
My story: 4 IUIs and 2IVFs using my own eggs, all BFN. One shared egg cycle: BFN. Had immune testing done which showed raised NKcells, moved clinic (overseas as we'd run out of money): first cycle with fresh donor eggs Feb 2015, 1 top quality hatchling Blast transferred: BFN. We had two top quality hatchling blasts frozen and decided to have both transferred. I had endo scratch cycle prior, tweaked my meds and on May 30th had both transferred under anaesthetic as I'd had difficult transfers previously. 11th June got my first BFP after 8 previously failed cycles! This week I had an early scan which measured me 6 weeks plus 2 days and to my utter shock there were THREE heartbeats, twins and an individual. The single is very weak so may not survive and it is VERY early days. Three was not something I ever considered! I go back for a scan on Tursday to check progress. Keep the faith it can happen and most clinics will only freeze the very best quality blasts that they are confident will survive the thaw. Best of luck!

I also had success with fet which resulted in my almost 2 year old girl! Getting ready for another fet in August- 2 embryos left. My clinic told me that the success rate is higher with fet. Good luck!

Wow! Thank you so so so much ladies. Your success stories have given me a huge confidence boost. I was feeling a bit anxious and flat after my last cycle, but I am now feeling excited and positive again.

Cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post your stories. It means a lot.

Wishing you all the very best.

Hope to keep reading some more FET success stories. Keep them coming! xx

Sorry to hear your story but hopefully these success stories are boosting your confidence.
My story: 4 IUIs and 2IVFs using my own eggs, all BFN. One shared egg cycle: BFN. Had immune testing done which showed raised NKcells, moved clinic (overseas as we'd run out of money): first cycle with fresh donor eggs Feb 2015, 1 top quality hatchling Blast transferred: BFN. We had two top quality hatchling blasts frozen and decided to have both transferred. I had endo scratch cycle prior, tweaked my meds and on May 30th had both transferred under anaesthetic as I'd had difficult transfers previously. 11th June got my first BFP after 8 previously failed cycles! This week I had an early scan which measured me 6 weeks plus 2 days and to my utter shock there were THREE heartbeats, twins and an individual. The single is very weak so may not survive and it is VERY early days. Three was not something I ever considered! I go back for a scan on Tursday to check progress. Keep the faith it can happen and most clinics will only freeze the very best quality blasts that they are confident will survive the thaw. Best of luck!

Wow! Three heartbeats! Congratulations! You must have been shocked. I am very happy for you and hope everything goes really well for you!

Can I ask, which clinic in Czech did you go to? The reason that I ask is because DH and I have travelled from Australia to Czech to have all of our IVF treatment. We were in Czech in May/June this year when I got pregnant on my last cycle from IVF but it sadly ended in a chemical pregnancy.

I wonder if we are being treated by the same clinic? We have been going to Reprofit in Brno xx

Hi JonesBaby, yes we were treated at Reprofit. They tried to persuade us to put only 1 back but due to our lack of previous success and decision that this would be our last cycle we said we wanted both. We never thought that one would split, while it is more common with hatchling Blasts it's still only c3% chance (from what I've been able to find). We're still dealing with the news and trying to get our heads round it. However very early days yet and everything could change, though the way I'm feeling, I won't be surprised if they're all still there in Tuesday at my next scan. If you go to Reprofit you know you get reduced rates at Grand Hotel by mentioning MyIVF when booking? Also if your on POI buy it there, it's a fraction of the cost and clearly works (that's what I'm on!). Good luck! xx

Hi Jonesbaby - our 17 month old daughter came from a FET :). We did freeze all cycles because I had to have surgery before we could transfer. My Dr. told me he prefers FET because they have higher success rates. Full IVF cycles are very hard on the body and the stims can sometimes make the lining less receptive to implantation.
Honestly the FET was such a breeze compared to the full cycles. I had an ultrasound and blood work and then went back 13 days later to check my lining and have more blood work. The transfer was scheduled 5 days after that. Easy peasy :). Best of luck to you!

I'm so sorry about your chemical. :hugs: A loss hurts terribly, no matter how early.

I also had doubts about FET, but now I'm pregnant with a little girl and today is the first day of my second trimester! She is from transfer number 6 and my doctor says everything looks perfect. W've had multiple losses, so I'm ecstatic! I'm doing Lovenox and Prednisone this time because of the previous m/c and c/p's. Weaning off the Pred this week and then stopping Lovenox in 2-3 weeks. Done with estrogen, and halfway off the progesterone with awesome blood draw numbers. I had an ultrasound yesterday and our little lady was jumping all over the place.

From what I've heard, FET is easier on the body than fresh and the success rates are pretty much the same. I hope you have an awesome cycle!

This was what I had:

Fresh - m/c
Frozen - bfn
Fresh - bfn
Fresh - ectopic
Frozen- c/p
Frozen- BFP!

So 2 out of 3 implantation both ways.

Frozen transfers are actually now being proven to work better. There is a very successful clinic in the USA that only does frozen transfers. I had two fresh and the frozen transfer stuck. Yah for frosty babies :)

Did 2 fresh IVF and it resulted in BFN, on my first FET got a BFP.

Hi there Ladies,

Thanks so much for replying! I love reading each and everyone of your success stories. I feel so much more confident now.

I can't help but notice that the majority of you who have had successful FET cycles have had girls. Very interesting.

Wishing you all successful pregnancies and / or success with your future treatment.

Keep the success stories coming!!!

xxx

I had 1 fresh cycle (m/c @10 weeks) and then a FET (currently almost 23 weeks pregnant with a boy).

My clinic also thinks that FETs have better results, particularly if your embryos are day 6 instead of day 5.

Best of luck to you! I have only ever been pregnant with FET cycles. We have only male factor so I have done both a medicated and natural (only progestrone shots after transfer) FET cycles. I was the same as you....how on earth can the FET work!? Insane what they can do. I have 2 healthy kids one that was frozen for almost 6 months and the other for 2.5 yrs.! They can and do work. Best of luck to you!!!! :hugs:

Thanks so much ladies!

I really love reading all your success stories, it gives me so much hope and confidence right now!

Currently I am on cycle day 4 of my medicated FET cycle :yipee: It looks likely that my transfer will be on either the 4th or the 5th of August :dust:

Praying this is our cycle :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->