Any ladies starting IVF in September?

Well done beneath, hope time flies by for you, when is your next scan?

Welcome Sunray, hope scan goes well on the 10th :)

Hi ladies,

Do you mind me joining you! I'm cd1 today and having my baseline scan for my first icsi cycle on Monday. I'm short protocol, so everything starts after my scan on Monday.

I'm feeling very nervous. Worried in case they tell me when they do the scan that I'm not ready to start stims, worried in case I don't produce enough eggs, worried in case hubby's sperm is even worse than it was at his last analysis (we're male factor infertility and hubby has very very low sperm count and motility), worried that my eggs won't fertilise, worried that our embryos won't develop... Etc etc... I'm worried about everything and I haven't even started yet!

Ive got my hypnotherapy CDs ready, I've been having acupuncture since May, I've read everything I can get my hands on about things that may or may not increase success rates... But at the end of the day, a lot of it is down to luck, isn't it? I hate not being in control of things.

Anyone have any tips to share? Either for things to do to help improve our chances, or things to do to help me hold on to my sanity? Lol

Welcome ostara and good luck for tomorrows scan, I'm the same as you, worried about everythingand I haven't even started yet! From what ive read on here though ladies have said it is best to take one Step at a time and get throughbeach stage before thinking about the next, probably easier said than done but it seems to make sense, I can't wait to start just so
Much waiting for af!

How did today's scan go beneath?

I think I'm finally getting af as have spotting and had cramps earlier, I dont normally spot but probably different after the provera, even though cant start ivf til next cycle because of the trial at least I'm getting closer!

Africaqueen, hope you get the blood test results tomorrow :)

Africaqueens – sorry about the test results muck up. That would be sooo frustrating, especially if it now puts you out another month (I’d be seeing red)!! I hope the results show up in time!

Beneathmywing – Yay for officially starting your cycle. Sending lots of good vibes and dust your way for this cycle! I think I will be about 2.5-3 weeks behind you :).

Ostara84 – welcome! And good luck with starting your cycle! We’re also doing ICSI, but I am just waiting for AF to start (and I am only half way through my cycle, if that).

Star25 – hurray for being that little bit closer! I hope the times flies!

I am almost ready to meet with the nurse now. My police check has come back, but just waiting on Dave’s. I had the endo biopsy thing on Friday. Wasn’t particularly comfortable, and lots of bleeding after (almost felt like I had a second period lol). Our blood tests came back and were all normal. Confirmed with the doc that I do not need to do birth control, I can just start stimming once I get my period. So yeah, getting more organised and closer to starting :D!

Ostara - Good luck on your base scan tomorrow!!!! I know it is hard going through a process like this and not worry!!! Really just try your best to take it one step at a time, though! May be easier said than done, I know.. but stressing over every little detail wont make you feel better. Really try to focus on staying positive and keep your eye on the prize!!! You can come here and vent whenever you want because we are all going through what you're going through and have the same very thoughts you do, but always remember you have a support group and are not alone!! :hugs:

Star - My scan went well. It wasn't my usual doc because they are on a rotated scheduled on weekends. This doctor told me she wasn't really concerned about what my ultrasound showed today so it would be very quick just to check on the ovaries and she was more concerned on my blood results. DH said he said several circles on each side though! lol She didn't count or measure follies. She said I'd be seeing a lot more my next scan. Got my blood results and I have to continue on my same dosage of meds. My next scan and blood work is Tuesday morning. The bravelle hurt like hell tonight for some reason! I am getting more used to the Menopur, though. Three nights down.

Hope the spotting is af for you! You are getting there!!!

Kat -- Thanks!!!! Would be awesome if we were bump buddies hehe =)

Thanks for the welcome, ladies :)

My baseline scan went well today :) everything looked normal and there are lots of follicles on both ovaries waiting to be stimulated.

Started my injections this morning and that was fine too :) next scan is on Friday morning. Fingers crossed that everything carries on going well:)

Hope everyone else is having a good day xx

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me joining you.
I have been on stim. injections for four days. I went for my E2 level this morning and they said the level was looking good so they are keeping me on the same dose of injections. I am taking Gonal f in the morning and Menopur at night. I go for my first ultrasound since starting stims and another E2 level in two days. Praying that everything develops as expected.

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me joining you.
I have been on stim. injections for four days. I went for my E2 level this morning and they said the level was looking good so they are keeping me on the same dose of injections. I am taking Gonal f in the morning and Menopur at night. I go for my first ultrasound since starting stims and another E2 level in two days. Praying that everything develops as expected.

Hii lady =) welcome here as well :hugs:

Love how we are on the same cycle hehe. I went in yesterday for bloods. All was well also and they kept me on the same dose as well. My next scan and blood work is tomorrow morning!!

Hope this is it for both of us! Fx!!

I know! It is so nice to have a buddy! Good luck tomorrow! Hope you have lots of follicles! Keep us posted!

Ostara - Glad your scan went well!!! Yay on starting injections!! Hope Fridays scan shows lots of growing follies for you :)

Had an ultrasound this morning after 4 days of stims and doctor measured 5 follies.. I am feeling pretty bummed. I know I probably won't produce as many eggs as others due to my low ovarian reserve issue, but I was really hoping for more. Waiting on the call from the nurse with blood results and further instructions.. really hope more follies start popping up soon! =(

Had an ultrasound this morning after 4 days of stims and doctor measured 5 follies.. I am feeling pretty bummed. I know I probably won't produce as many eggs as others due to my low ovarian reserve issue, but I was really hoping for more. Waiting on the call from the nurse with blood results and further instructions.. really hope more follies start popping up soon! =(

I know it's disappointing, but remember quality matters more than quantity. I had 6 eggs, all fertilised, and 5 got to blastocyst stage and could be frozen. Keep the faith xx

Hi ladies

For those that are cycling for the first time, just take each day as it comes. Things can change so much daily with IVF so best to overcome each hurdle and hope for the best and then once ET is done, its down to fate. You know you have done all you can. Its hard to get that mindset but i have stressed myself crazy the last few cycles and it was pointless as what will be will be. Good luck! x

Beneath- 5 follicles is good with DOR. I had 6 last time but with max stimms and we got 7 eggs, all of which did not fertilise except for 1 so its quality not quantity. Stay strong and hopeful x

I know it's disappointing, but remember quality matters more than quantity. I had 6 eggs, all fertilised, and 5 got to blastocyst stage and could be frozen. Keep the faith xx

Thanks for that!! I keep trying to tell myself that. They upped my dosage of Menopur to three vials instead of two, so maybe that will make a difference. Next scan will be Thursday!!

Sorry to hear you we're disappointed, BMW :( but 5 isn't a bad number, really. Like the girls have said, it's all about quality - your baby might be one of those 5! And there's still time for more follicles to grow (I assume - being my first cycle, I don't really know how all these things work). I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Thursday :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->