Any ladies starting IVF in September?

Congratulations katbar, such great news :) x

Beneath, hope your appointment is positive for you Wednesday

Doxie, wont be long til your transfer, hope this is it for you!

Hi girls!

Well, I had my follow up appointment tonight and I guess it went pretty well for the most part. He started off saying based upon my blood work showing an elevated fsh level it was confirmed that my ovaries don't have many eggs left in them (that was the sucky part) since I only produced 7 eggs this cycle, but to look at the bright side of things. Dh's sperm IS able to fertilize my eggs since 4 were fertilized. And yeah, I only had 7 eggs, but I DID produce follies, and they WERE growing! So that is all a good thing.

Out of my 4 eggs, 2 were transferred and the other 2 didn't make it because they were abnormal. SO the question is why didn't the other two implant? He says his best bet is because they were genetically defected. Then he told me putting all that aside, he's not ready to give up on me and thinks we should try again and this time it will be a little bit different. No BCP start, so I'd start stims on day 2 of my cycle and it will be straight to eight amps of meds, so highest dose of meds. He's hoping with this I can get maybe 10 eggs this time instead of the 7 last cycle.

So now it's really DH and I's decision because he said we can start next cycle if we want to (which literally will be in like 10 days!!! ahh) or wait till after the holidays because they are closed for three weeks in December for Christmas. This is so so hard!

I'm glad your consult went well. It sounds like you have a good plan in place. That is a tough call on when to start.
My clinic makes you wait 6 months between cycles to give the ovaries a break so I'm surprised you could start again so soon.
Moving on is a good thing. It gives you a little bit of hope and control back. Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

I'm glad your consult went well. It sounds like you have a good plan in place. That is a tough call on when to start.
My clinic makes you wait 6 months between cycles to give the ovaries a break so I'm surprised you could start again so soon.
Moving on is a good thing. It gives you a little bit of hope and control back. Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

I know it may sound crazy, but I'm leaning towards starting when AF shows. My mind is telling me to wait, but my heart is telling me to go for it. I just want it so bad, waiting is so hard.

If you want to go for it, then I say go for it hun! I know a girl in the IVF TTC community that went even one step further, and had back to back medicated cycles (as in, went from BFN and bleeding, straight into injecting again - I hadn't even realised you could do that).

I don't think it will affect your chances to wait, or not wait. My clinic has the same protocol - after a unsuccessful cycle, you start with your next natural AF.

As long as you're happy with your decision, that's all that matters! xo

If you want to go for it, then I say go for it hun! I know a girl in the IVF TTC community that went even one step further, and had back to back medicated cycles (as in, went from BFN and bleeding, straight into injecting again - I hadn't even realised you could do that).

I don't think it will affect your chances to wait, or not wait. My clinic has the same protocol - after a unsuccessful cycle, you start with your next natural AF.

I think waiting is only going to make me more crazy. I'd have to wait until the end of January if I wait. Going through IVF really wasn't so bad for me, it's just the TWW that drove me insane and of course the bfn. Hopefully this time it'll be a BFP!!!!

I think waiting is only going to make me more crazy. I'd have to wait until the end of January if I wait. Going through IVF really wasn't so bad for me, it's just the TWW that drove me insane and of course the bfn. Hopefully this time it'll be a BFP!!!!

Yep, I definately think you should go for it then :winkwink:! Sending you lots and lots of luck and baby dust! Really hope it's second time lucky!!

I think you're making the right decision, beneath! There is no real reason to wait physically!

I got my second beta results- 559! So I'm doubling in around 55 hours, which is within the range they want (42-78 I think). I do one more beta in a week then start doing ultrasounds at some point after that.

Lovely beta Melissa! Fingers crossed for the next one - sure it will also be looking good :)!

BMW: Yeah, if it were me I would def. go for it! You will be starting soon then!

Melissa: congrats on your beta!

BMW: Yeah, if it were me I would def. go for it! You will be starting soon then!

Melissa: congrats on your beta!

Thanks hun! Makes me feel better to know everyone would do the same. AF should be here next Friday if it didn't screw up!! Fx!

Beneath, I say go for it too, the waiting is bad enough so dont put yourself through it if you dont have too, im praying for all our bfps

Mellisa, thats great news :)

Beneath, I say go for it too, the waiting is bad enough so dont put yourself through it if you dont have too, im praying for all our bfps

Mellisa, thats great news :)

Thank you hun!!!! I'm praying as well!

Hi ladies :) hope you're all well :)

BMW, waiting would drive me crazy too!

We're hoping to start an FET cycle when my next period starts, which is due around 30 October. We were going to wait until the new year, but we booked our chat and plan for the 22nd to keep our options open. In the meantime, I did the Greek hidden infections tests and the results came back negative today, which I'm happy about, but part of me was kinda hoping it would find something we could blame my thin lining on. Since the tests came back negative, there's no real reason to wait, so we think we're going to go ahead with another try this side of Christmas, if the clinic can fit us in :)

Good luck Ostara and Beneath! Hopefully you'll both have great news to share after the next round/FET! My fingers are crossed for you both!!

I started my first ivf cycle at the end of August. I had short protocol with Lupron trigger due to pcos and high risk ohss.
I had my retrieval on September 9th. And cycle was canceled in favor for FET. I got 16 follicles of which 13 were mature. 7 took. With one arresting in day 6. We ended up wits 6 on ice. We now make the day 1 call tomorrow to resume treatment as af has shown but just after mid-day.
Fingers crossed ou r ice cube makes it out and burrows deep for a comfy 9 month holiday. Anyone else similar dates and await Fet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->