• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any October babies to be?

I don't think I will be getting a scan until 12 weeks :growlmad: which is mostly the norm in the uk. I see the midwife at 9 weeks (as I am away until then) and I'll take it from there. I think I am more terrified of the outcome of the scan than the thought of giving birth :haha::haha:

Urchin, I can understand you waiting. I had to see my GP as i'm on a regular medication and when I found out I was pregnant they'd advised me to change it to a different one, so it all snowballed from there.

Wow Grey Eyes, 29 mins!!!! That's impressive :)

Butterfly, i'm only having an early scan as it's part of the ICSI package from the fertility clinic otherwise it would be week 12 too.

How's everyone feeling? I have no nausea today which worries me but still sensitive boobs.
I'm at a weekend music conference with a bunch of my friends. It's a drunk fest and everyone has been asking me if I'm pregnant it's so annoying! Only because ive been drinking water and soda it's driving me insane! I've been telling them that I'm on a health kick but I don't think anyone's believing me. Anyone dealing with this?

How's everyone feeling? I have no nausea today which worries me but still sensitive boobs.
I'm at a weekend music conference with a bunch of my friends. It's a drunk fest and everyone has been asking me if I'm pregnant it's so annoying! Only because ive been drinking water and soda it's driving me insane! I've been telling them that I'm on a health kick but I don't think anyone's believing me. Anyone dealing with this?

Hi Lucky!

Glad to hear you're doing better! I have sensitive boobs, moodiness and mild cramping. As for the non-drinking thing, I have a great excuse. I injured my back at the gym, which everyone knows about, so I am telling everyone I cannot drink because I am on muscle relaxants. It works perfectly! If I didn't have that excuse, I would probably say I am on other medication that I cannot drink on. Otherwise, it would be pretty obvious why I wasn't drinking. LOL

I'm just not a big drinker - so no one would really notice if I wasn't drinking.
If you're a driver, then the best thing to do is take the car!
Otherwise the medication excuse is a good one
I also have quite a few friends doing a 'dry month' at the minute, so that's worth a go

Hello everyone!
I am 7 weeks pregnant + 3 days. I haven't been on line much due to the 24-7 nausea that seems to get worse when I look at the computer screen.
I'm so excited for all you women who are all having October babies.
I'm due around October 5th.

Our little Libra Babies will be born in the Year of the Dragon, which is supposedly the best year to be born in!

Good luck to all!
x

:hi: :howdy: Babynogi, welcome to the group, it's nice to see you!

Sorry you are suffering with the ms though :hugs:

Hi babynogi - big welcome to the October crew xxx

Thanks! I'm happy to be here!
I see that some of you are getting scans earlier than 12 weeks. I had a miscarriage in August and there were so many scans early on because I was having problems.

This time I have no problems and they want me to do a scan on the 27th of February which would put me at about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. I'm nervous about getting the scan. Worried that it will cause problems with the baby. Most books say Ultrasound scans create no risk to the baby - ALL EXCEPT ONE BOOK - one book I have says that it can cause developmental delays, dyslexia and other neurological problems. Should I cancel the scan and ask them to give me the 12 week scan instead? I already canceled it for tomorrow and pushed it ahead for the 27th, but it is still early. I'm very nauseous so I am sure there is a bean with a heartbeat in there, so why bother rushing to a scan.

Any thoughts?

Babinogi,

Welcome to the October baby thread! I am due around October 20th. I am having my first check up at 6 weeks. I am not sure if they will do a scan, but I am assuming so. I have not heard that a scan can cause all those problems. If that were true, wouldn't it be common knowledge? One would hope, at least!

Do you mind me asking what kinds of problems you had before your miscarriage? I am asking because I would like to be mindful of myself and possible risks. I am barely 5 weeks and am praying for a sticky bean!

Hi Babinogi - my scan is on 27th too ... and I am desperate for it!
having had a MMC before, which I knew nothing about til my 8wk scan, I don't trust my body to tell me if there's something wrong.

I'd not read about any risks from the procedure - who is the book by and has it been peer reviewed???

Congrats Babinogi! My EDD is also OCT 5th.. we'll see if it changes at my 8 week scan next week.

I'm also concerned about MC.. I have no morning sickness.. just food aversions.. and Sore boobs.. tired a bit. Just has me worried.. my sister keeps telling me I'm lucky and she had no morning sickness with both of her babies.. so we'll see.

Urchin - you had no idea you miscarried till your scan? did you have any symptoms?

none at all Lucky7 ... first i knew was when the 8 week scan showed a 5 week baby with no heartbeat - they scanned a week later to see if it had developed any (in case my dates were wrong) but no change.

With a MMC I don't think many women get symptoms :(

Hello ladies!
Had my first midwife appointment today. Very disappointing! She didn't really ask or tell anything. Just took basics, name address etc. she said she comes to my house at 10 weeks and will do bloods and give me pregnancy pack etc then. She said she would book 12 week scan and nuchal test. That was all! I felt like she wasn't bothering too much just incase the pregnancy fails?! She never even asked about any previous mc or anything??

thanks Urchin, I'd figure. I had a chemical last year and I didn't have any symptoms. This time was very different.. and i have had constant sore boobs, food aversions, and fatigue.. so I have some symptoms which makes me feel better.

toothfairy - that sucks.. I feel like you should have gotten more attention. hmm maybe at 12 weeks it will be better!

toothfairy, is there any possible way you can get a better midwife? That was a highly disappointing appointment! Sounds like she couldn't care less! She of all people should realize this is a very exciting time for women!

thanks Urchin, I'd figure. I had a chemical last year and I didn't have any symptoms. This time was very different.. and i have had constant sore boobs, food aversions, and fatigue.. so I have some symptoms which makes me feel better.

I think I read that wrong - I thought you were asking if I had any symptoms that I'd miscarried - but reading it again, you maybe meant did I have any pregnancy symptoms???

Anyway, like I said, I didn't have any signs that I had miscarried, but I did have strong pregnancy symptoms:
I had the sore and veiny boobs and lots of cramping/stretchy pains and constant fatigue- what I didn't have was any MS.
This might have been because my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks, which is a little before MS kicks in (well, at least it started later than that this time i.e. 6 weeks). It's also why I am welcoming the MS quite so much. Don't get me wrong, it is truly horrid - if fact I had to break off typing this to go and throw up - but for me it's a very strong sign that my pregnancy hormones are increasing as they are meant to... and I'm taking this to mean that things are progressing (even though I actually have no idea if it really means any such thing!)

Hope this all makes sense!

I think I read that wrong - I thought you were asking if I had any symptoms that I'd miscarried - but reading it again, you maybe meant did I have any pregnancy symptoms???

Anyway, like I said, I didn't have any signs that I had miscarried, but I did have strong pregnancy symptoms:
I had the sore and veiny boobs and lots of cramping/stretchy pains and constant fatigue- what I didn't have was any MS.
This might have been because my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks, which is a little before MS kicks in (well, at least it started later than that this time i.e. 6 weeks). It's also why I am welcoming the MS quite so much. Don't get me wrong, it is truly horrid - if fact I had to break off typing this to go and throw up - but for me it's a very strong sign that my pregnancy hormones are increasing as they are meant to... and I'm taking this to mean that things are progressing (even though I actually have no idea if it really means any such thing!)

Hope this all makes sense!

Makes sense just worries me more I have no ms just food aversions and are boobs, and fatigue. Ugh so frustrating...

Hello everyone! New to this group!
I am due October 28th!
Can't wait to get to know you all!!

Hello everyone! New to this group!
I am due October 28th!
Can't wait to get to know you all!!

Welcome mztova! Congrats to you on your new little bean! How are you feeling thus far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->