Any other feb 2014 babies?

I've got nuchal scan etc tomorrow. Not sure when we get the full results.

Just keeping everything crossed. I only had blood tests with DD and risk was 1:22000 (when I was 33) so am preparing myself for much shorter odds (now I'm 35). Hopefully they'll still be low risk.

xXx

Good luck on your scan today and even higher odds are still very low, so I would try not to worry. Also, from your previous post, I don't think you are crazy about feeling the baby this early. I have had a few times where I feel the lightest tap inside and feel pretty confident that it's "her" (if the u/s tech was correct). I didn't feel DD until 20 weeks, but I know most feel the 2nd much earlier.

gottalaugh --Congratulations on all of the wonderful news!!!!!! It is definitely time to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! My husband and I are already disagreeing over names, but probably just need to drop it for now until the sex is confirmed at 20 weeks.

WhiteSoxFan41 -- Will the Materni21 basically replace your 12 week u/s? I thought that was the scan that was needed to tell the risk of downs, but it sounds like the Materni21 test covers that PLUS about everything else!

gottalaugh --Congratulations on all of the wonderful news!!!!!! It is definitely time to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! My husband and I are already disagreeing over names, but probably just need to drop it for now until the sex is confirmed at 20 weeks.

WhiteSoxFan41 -- Will the Materni21 basically replace your 12 week u/s? I thought that was the scan that was needed to tell the risk of downs, but it sounds like the Materni21 test covers that PLUS about everything else!

My doctor did not do a 12 week scan so I assume this is why. She gave me the option to have CVS because it's cheaper than the Materni21 but my insurance will cover it. I'm 42 and although we wouldn't terminate a pg no matter the results, the doctor would like to be prepared in the delivery room if there is a possibility of complications for any reason. :)

I've got nuchal scan etc tomorrow. Not sure when we get the full results.

Just keeping everything crossed. I only had blood tests with DD and risk was 1:22000 (when I was 33) so am preparing myself for much shorter odds (now I'm 35). Hopefully they'll still be low risk.

xXx

Good luck! Your odds are probably fine...35 isn't that old. Don't stress :)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
I can so relate to the nerves! I feel like I haven't been able to relax this whole pregnancy, until last Thursday that is! Now I am breathing easier.
I had a loss on Valentines day, so I had the 9 week ultrasound to check for a heartbeat, then two more after due to spotting.
Then last Thursday, I had the ultrasound and blood test for the Sequential Screening (because I am 38) The ultrasound was fantastic, my baby looks like a baby! All measurments were fine, no need to meet with a genetic doc. I haven't got the blood test results now, but a sense of calm and peace has come over me for the first time, and I am going with it!
I have my big ultrasound where we will find out the sex on Sept 23rd. I posted a pic in the gender guess forum, and it seems about a 50/50 mix of boy/girl.
Anyway, I'm enjoying reading all your posts and knowing there are other out there who can relate to being called "Advanced Maternal Age" I hate that term!!

Scan this morning. All looking good! 66mm so put forward to 12+6.

Nuchal measurement was 1.6mm. Had bloods done. Hopefully will get a letter in about a week. Will hear earlier if anything of concern comes up.

xXx

Scan this morning. All looking good! 66mm so put forward to 12+6.

Nuchal measurement was 1.6mm. Had bloods done. Hopefully will get a letter in about a week. Will hear earlier if anything of concern comes up.

xXx

Great news! Congrats!
My Nuchal measurement was 1.8, they told me anything under 3.5 was great!
Don't you feel so good! :happydance:

Had our scan - bubba was so relaxed, chilling with hands behind head and legs in the air. I just couldn't believe there was really a baby in there, but there was!

Everything is looking good and 20 week scan booked in for 7th Oct. Roll on second tri, woo hoo!

THanks for all your support, ladies x

Attachments

• Hastings-20130813-00225 (2).jpg
    Hastings-20130813-00225 (2).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Phewwww I can finally embrace this pregnancy! I had my scan and was put forward to Valentine's day! I also have a super chilled out baby, was just cosy in a tight little gap in my uterus! I don't think I can post pics on my phone tho sadly.

So glad to finally be here! Next scan booked for the first of October.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/o0_abigail_0o/9508936337/

Really hoping this works! Here is my Romeo or Juliet!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/o0_abigail_0o/9508936337/Bums

Phewwww I can finally embrace this pregnancy! I had my scan and was put forward to Valentine's day! I also have a super chilled out baby, was just cosy in a tight little gap in my uterus! I don't think I can post pics on my phone tho sadly.

So glad to finally be here! Next scan booked for the first of October.

Wonderful news, another cosy bubba (shame we can't see a piccie)! You're a week ahead of me, my next scan is on 7th.

Saw consultant today (just consultant led because of previous first-tri mcs), he doesn't need to see me again until 37 weeks :happydance:

Woo hoo! By 37 weeks you'll be virtually fully baked! I'm consultant was too, mines my age, blood pressure, weight and previous section! I'm their worst nightmare!

Congratulations on all of the great news hinkybinky, happigail, hillarylmt & kerrygold!!!! (although my post is a little delayed :blush:)

How is everyone feeling? A little tired and moody here, but the moodiness is probably partially due to the tiredness, which isn't helped by my schedule and age, I suppose. All in all, feeling good.

I'm a little wrapped around the axle about weight gain and wish I could shake it, so I could enjoy the pregnancy without being so self conscious. Every time I see a post about weight issues, I think it's going to be something I can relate to, but instead it's about people NOT gaining weight. I know I should be more sympathetic. Last pregnancy the dr. would tell me at every appointment that I was gaining too much weight. I live in a different area now with a different dr. and my last appointment the dr. was actually happy with my weight gain, but worried that at my next appt (Thursday) I will hear something different. I keep trying to tell myself to just keep exercising and try to eat health, etc. I guess I should keep it in perspective though.

Found out on Friday I lost the baby :( stopped growing at 8 weeks and I was suppose to be 14. I had the D&C yesterday and everything went well. We are slowly healing. I wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies.

Found out on Friday I lost the baby :( stopped growing at 8 weeks and I was suppose to be 14. I had the D&C yesterday and everything went well. We are slowly healing. I wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies.

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words to express my condolences.

Sorry to hear that Mel :hugs:

Well I might as well jump in here too :hi:

This is my 5th pregnancy, had three first tri losses before my rainbow and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant. Had two early scans at 8 and 10 weeks then dating scan.

Just the one, we shall be staying team yellow too :thumbup:

Look forward to sharing te journey with you all :flower:

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back