Any other hg sufferers?

Bunny, I agree with Rhiannon. Or are they able to show you any pressure points at home? I know that will cause them to lose money because you’ll be seeing them less, but maybe it’s worth an ask.

Today is incredibly hot, 90 degrees, and it makes my nausea so much worse. However, the heat has made me drink a lot of water today without any nausea or vomiting. No two days are the same, so I just take them one at a time.

90 degrees sounds miserable!

I think last pregnancy he did charge us less after the first couple of sessions last time. I will ask about the pressure points. I don't think he would mind to tell me. He is actually really nice. He doesn't even normally do house calls but comes to us because I am not well to go to him. Honestly I would have him here twice a day, no matter the cost if it keeps helping me as much as last time but I don't think he is available that often as he doesn't live that close.

I’m on my 3rd baby with hg 3rd time.im 12 weeks and it’s kicked up a notch the past few days just like on my 2nd.im so miserable I’m just sitting with my head down the toilet crying why have I done this to myself again I really don’t know how I can’t do this for the full 9 months again

I'm almost afraid to say it, but I've actually had an okay day even though we have temps in the 90s too. I've felt on the verge of throwing up at any moment, but was only actually sick a few times during the morning and once in the afternoon. I don't expect this to last, but will try and take advantage and attempt a small meal tonight.

Rhiannon- glad it's a 'good' day.

Marie- Welcome to our little group, but sorry you are here. It sounds like you have been having a rough time. Around 12 weeks was my worst time the other 2 times but thankfully it never lasted 9 months for me.

I didn't really keep any food down yesterday. I tried eating a little but I threw it up. I did manage to drink plenty of water last night though. Hope I can eat after my acupuncture today.

Bunny, that’s great he accomodates you so well. He sounds like a great person. Sorry you weren’t able to keep anything down yesterday. I hope today is a better day after your acupuncture.

Marie, welcome and sorry. I’m 13 weeks now and too found that week 12 was the hardest for me.

Rhiannon, so glad you had a good day despite the high temperature.

Yesterday was awful for me. The heat really was unbearable and I couldn’t eat. I survived on ice pops which made me nauseous, but helped keep me cool enough to not vomit. Today is another hot, hot day and I plan on sticking to watermelon juice and possibly some smoothies if I can stomach them. I can’t look at cooked foods (even pictures or commercials of food) without getting sick.

Sounds like us hg suffers get worse at 12 weeks rather than start getting better like most,hope you have all had a better day today,does anyone find the constant headaches that come with it unbearable

I find my headaches don't get too bad unless I can't keep enough water down. I mostly manage to do that by drinking in the middle of the night when I wake up.

Oh maybe il try waking in the nights for some water to see if that helps

It's annoying because then I have to get up to pee in the night but it is what gets me through. It's better than forcing it in the day when I just throw it up.

I agree. My headaches become unbearable only when I’m dehydrated. While I have a hard time drinking water I am able to eat or drink the juice of watermelon, which helps.

Today hasn’t been so bad. I woke up feeling really good. I’ve eaten only fruit and felt good. However, I made the mistake of trying some potato salad and soon regretted it. How is everyone else feeling?
Bunny, how was acupuncture?

Acupuncture definitely helped again although not quite as much as last time. I did manage to eat and drink something this afternoon which is the most important thing. And I have only thrown up once since.

That’s great. Although I’m sorry it’s not working as well as last time. I managed to take my vitamins today without getting sick. I had to switch to capsules because I was taking gummies...such a bad idea on my part.

Well I had a glass of water early hours this morning and my heachache is abit better Iv even managed to keep down some juice and toast this morning

Well done. I am glad your head is a bit better.

I had a good night. Managed to drink plenty and even eat a as bit but feeling sorry for myself again this morning. I figure it's still at least 7 weeks until I am going to feel better. Keep telling myself I can do this but it feels like forever now.

What Meds are you girls taking? I am not on any yet. Trying to decide what to do next. The ones I took last time made me so dizzy I'm not sure if it's worth the small benefit they gave me. Thinking maybe I should speek to a doctor about alternatives. I hate taking medication, especially when pregnant. My first pregnancy I didn't even take a paracetamol the entire pregnancy but obviously being like this is far from ideal too.

I'm glad I took advantage of my "good" day bc yesterday was definitely not one. I managed to burst a blood vessel in my eye while dry heaving in the bathroom at my son's school. I didn't even realize ni had done it until after a meeting with his speech therapist, who kept asking if I was alright.

As for meds, I've tried zofran and diclegis in the past, but did not get enough relief to outweigh the side effects I experienced. They lessened the vomiting somewhat, but I was still always nauseous. I also experienced stomach pain, anorexia and extreme drowsiness. My doctor did say that I was very unlucky that my body reacted so badly, as most people respond better.

Rhiannon, oh my gosh I have broken vessels in my eyes too. It looks terrible and it actually hurts a bit.

My first pregnancy I was on zofran and from what I can remember it worked a bit better than the diclegis I’m on now. With diclegis I still have 2-3 days a week of non-stop vomiting and severe nausea. I’m starting to feel slightly better, especially upon waking in the morning. No need to run straight for the bathroom. I’m hoping this continues. I’m 13 weeks and have been severely sick since week 4. My doctor said I should feel back to “normal” around 14-16 weeks, but not to be surprised if it’s not until 20 weeks, which I cannot imagine!

Oh yes, broken blood vessels in the eye, I haven't had that one yet this time. Last pregnancy my eyes both ended up red.

I didn't feel normal until about 18 weeks in my other pregnancies but after 13 weeks I passed the peak and it was just such a relief to be getting gradually better.

Rhiannon- sorry you had a bad day.

I think I would like to try zophran. I was prescribed it last time but it had artificial strawberry flavouring which I have a severe reaction to so I couldn't try it. Eventually my OH tracked down an alternative but then I started to improve. I took something like diclegis under a different brand name but that made me so dizzy I couldn't go to the bathroom on my own so I am trying to avoid it unless I don't have a choice.

Bunny, I was advised to take the diclegis before bed to prevent dizziness and drowsiness. But I remember taking zofran (mine was flavorless) and being able to go to work and get through my days just fine minus nausea. Zofran was definitely better. I don’t want to jinx myself, but today is another okay day. Little to no nausea even with the high temperatures outside. I’m really hoping this is the beginning of total relief.

I don't know why on earth they don't do the flavourless one here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->