Any other hg sufferers?

I'm looking forward to 15 weeks. That's about when I felt really human again last time :).

OH finally managed to arrange a nurse to do IV fluids at home today so hopefully that will really make a difference. I'll be able to try and eat a little more too as I won't have to concentrate so hard on drinking water.

The iv fluids really helped me feel better. So Saturday was a good day. Then OH forgot to pick up my zophran from the chemist and I ran out Sunday. Chemist is closed Sunday. I was still okay in the morning but by the night I was awful thankfully I managed to sleep though a fair part of it but was up early Monday being sick. It calmed down again once I got my meds. At least I now know how much the medication is helping. Now I am throwing up blood though which isn't great. It's not enough to overly worry about as long as it doesn't get worse but hoping for a good day so it gets a chance to heal.

Sorry Bunny. I’m happy the IV fluids helped, but sorry you’re not doing well right now. Hopefully you’ll get your medicine soon. Although I’m feeling better I still have to watch how much I eat so I don’t get sick. I literally have to eat only as much as I can hold in my palm and not very often. If I don’t I get incredibly sick. I kind of envy those women who are able to indulge and over indulge in their pregnancy. I don’t even have cravings I eat to survive almost. While I love being pregnant, I forget exactly what my body experiences.

OH got the meds first thing Monday and I started feeling improved right away but I think it is still taking a bit to even out. I am the same with eating. I can only eat a tiny bit. In fact the only time I can keep it down at all is by getting up in the middle of the night and then going back to sleep. When I am sick in the night too like Sunday I don't get to eat anything. Just can't wait for this stage to be over. I am almost 9 weeks and my other pregnancies saw improvement by or soon after 13 weeks.

I’m so glad you felt improvement with the medicine. You’re getting close to 13 weeks. Here’s to you feeling better before then. With each of my pregnancies I feel the hg has gotten progressively worse. My first pregnancy I was able to manage with zofran and felt better around 12/13 weeks. My second and third pregnancies I miscarried, but felt extremely sick until a few days after bleeding/surgery and this time I’m almost 16 weeks and still have some moments when I’ve become violently ill. I hate to think about any possible future pregnancies. Being so sick this pregnancy makes me more confident in my ability to transition this time during labour. It was very difficult for me this first time but I’m thinking I can handle it this time.

Give me labour over this any day!

This is definitely the worst I have been with HG. The Zophran is keeping me out of hospital but that is about it. This is definitely our last baby, I never want to go through this again. I was actually considering today asking OH to get a vasectomy!

Staying out of the hospital was my main goal too. Although I wasn’t very successful at it haha. Would he be willing to get a vasectomy? My husband jokes about it, but he wouldn’t. But at the rate that I get pregnant I see no need for any birth control or ‘permanent’ solutions lol. I say that now and then we’ll be that couple in our 40s with a surprise baby on the way

Well this was a surprise baby and I will be 39 when it's born, lol. I haven't said anything about the vacectomy to OH yet. To be honest it's not something I would ever considered before but after this one being a surprise and being so ill I really don't want it happening again!

What dose of zophran are you on? I am on 16mg but others seem to be taking more than that.

I’m 5+3 now and just have mild nausea at the moment. Had severe hg in my last pregnancy so I’m hoping it won’t rear it’s ugly head again this time, especially with my daughter to look after! Had it from 6 weeks up until I gave birth with her :(

Bunny, I took zofran my first pregnancy and can’t remember the exact dosage. This pregnancy I was prescribed Diclegis. Are you able to have the dosage increased?

Fuzzy, congratulations! I hope your nausea stays mild. I couldn’t imagine having hg for my entire pregnancy. I barely survived the 12 weeks I suffered. I still get nauseous at times and I’m 16 weeks but am happy to not be vomiting all day just about every day.

Is Diclegis working for you? I haven't asked the doctor about a higher dose of zophran I just noticed other hg sufferers online seem to take up to 32mg.

Fuzzy, congratulations! I hope you avoid the hg this time. It has been different for me every pregnancy. With my second I just had bad sickness not full blown hg. This time has been my worst and it hit me bad at 5 weeks. Thankfully it has never lasted too far into tri 3 for me. Having it for the whole pregnancy has to be awful.

Diclegis didn’t work as well as I remember zofran working. But I also took zofran 4 years ago so I may not remember everything. With diclegis I was severely nauseous every day but it did help to decrease my vomiting from daily to about 3-4 days each week.

Hi ladies,
My husband is definitely getting a vasectomy after this baby. We had planned on having two so, when I found out my daughter was breech and would need a C-section, I brought up the idea of tubal ligation at the same time. DH suggested that, even ththe was also sure we would be done, it might not be best to make a permanent decision at the end of a really rough pregnancy (the hg, and some other chaos and complications). He agreed that we definitely didn't want a future surprise, and volunteered that he would get the snip within a year after that birth. Funny enough, when the time to actually talk about it came up, one or the other of us "joked" about maybe having another baby instead. Then it became less of a joke. We agreed to both think on the issue for 6 months and talk again. We were both surprised that we were both thinking it was a good idea, and...well...here we are. But, we are DONE after this.

I have been having more good days than in previous pregnancies, but the bad days are still brutal. I had my first official appt yesterday, and the doctor was really Keen on medications even though I explained that I had minimal improvement with them in the past. She did seem satisfied that I am staying hydrated and my weight has.stabilized.

With the other meds I tried they seemed to cause more side effects than benefits. This time I am on zophran and it is de helping but it's basically just barely keeping me out of hospital along with regular acupuncture. I've lost 22lbs! I really hate talking meds but figure I don't have much choice if it's helping. I managed my 1st pregnancy without them but I was still able to keep down enough food and water to get by. This time it's being a serious difficulty.

Im sorry you both are still having rough days. Bunny, 22lbs!?! That’s insane. I lost half that amount and still haven’t gained any weight. I can only eat small amounts of food no more than twice a day because I get so sick if I try to eat more so I don’t see myself gaining too much in the near future. This pregnancy is completely different. With my first I was feeling excellent by this time and able to indulge in my cravings. I have zero cravings and really have to think about what I’m going to eat to be certain it’s full of enough nutrients because I eat so little. I’ve started to feel baby movement so that’s reassuring.

I am tall and overweight to start with so I can afford to loose 22lbs but it's not exactly the recommended way of doing it lol!

How many weeks are you now NoGreaterLove? I improved from 13 weeks last time so praying it's the same again.

How are you girls doing? I have been having a rough time. I'm on an iv and upped the dose of zophran to 32mg a day. It's enough to keep me alive at least. That has kind of become my goal at the moment, lol.

Bunny I’m almost 17 weeks now. I should add a ticker. Overall I’m doing much better, but I still have some rough days here and there. I don’t eat much because I barely have an appetite and large meals make me sick. I’ve been having terrible headaches recently. It’s not due to dehydration because I’ve been really thirsty and keep up my intake.

How are you feeling with an iv and higher dosage of zofran? Lol survival mode. Although I’m not as bad as I was I still have days where I feel like I’m in survival mode. It’s hard. Tonight I feel awful and hope I don’t stay naseous for the rest of the night.

Hope the bad days are still getting less for you NoGreaterLove. I'm still pretty much in survival mode. I don't feel better with more zophran but I am not as worse as I would be without it, if that makes sense. Keeping down very little food and water so relying on the iv to keep me hydrated now. On a positive note I'm 10 weeks today so 13 weeks is starting to look closer. I saw improvement from just after 13 weeks last time so hopefully will be similar again.

How are the rest of you girls doing?

My thoughts are with, Bunny! I really hope you see improvement in the same time frame as the past. Sometimes just knowing the end is in sight can help keep you going.

I hope you are through the worst of it, NoGreaterLove.

I feel very grateful that my sickness this pregnancy has been the most manageable so far. I'm functional more days than not, and have occasionally gone an entire day without vomiting. For me it usually lasts for months, but usually has not gotten worse as time goes on. I'm now trying not to he paranoid that not feeling "sick enough" is a bad sign. I managed to find the hb on my doppler yesterday, which was exciting and reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->