Any other hg sufferers?

I was also pretty amazes by what my body could do, though I did not love pushing my pumpkin-headed so out for 4 solid hours. That part was worse than jg, but it only lasted 4 hours.

I had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed the presence of just one baby, with a good heartrate, in an appropriate spot. I had been having a recurring super-realistic dream that the tech found 3 heartbeats!

No, no pushing is not fun..especially that ring of fire. But it all lasts for such a short time.

Rhiannon, congratulations on your scan! Three heartbeats, I don’t know what I’d do ahhh.

I was convinced I was having twins but my ultrasound only showed one baby and heartbeat. Fingers crossed no one is hiding behind

My MW was convinced I was having twins last pregnancy because I was so sick and at 12 weeks she said my uterus felt like 16weeks. I was relieved it was just one, lol. Not even entertaining the possibility of twins at the moment, lol. If I get this sick with one I am not sure I'd live through two!

I had high hopes for the zophran as I had a better day yesterday but feeling worse again today. It could be that it would have been a really bad day without it. It's not like I am at my worst. Just don't know how I am going to survive 6 more weeks of this.

I think it honestly would have been harder for me to process three heartbeats than zero. It was just a CRAZY realistic dream.

I'm sorry the Zofran has not been a magic bullet but, like you said, maybe today would have been much worse without it? At least you know you have survived it before, so you will again. Just do it one day at a time. I was definitely sicker w my daughter than my son, bit coped better mentally bc I knew it would eventually end. This pregnancy seems somewhere in the middle. I've had good days and bad recently, and I don't think I ever had good days until late second tri w my daughter. Of course, good days still involve constant nausea and a few episodes of actual vomiting. It's funny how perspective changes...

Bunny sorry the zofran isn’t working for you today. I remember it taking a full week of taking the medicine for me to go from severe nausea and vomiting all day daily to vomiting 2-3 days a week. I found the medicine never really helped with nausea but it did decrease the number of days I was physically sick. Hoping there’s relief for you soon though.

I’m exhausted and can see myself falling asleep early tonight. It’s only dinner time and I’m having a hard time keeping my eyes open as I type.

That's good to know that the effect of the zophran can build up. I do seem to be throwing up a bit less. I just wish I could be better enough to eat and drink a little more. Staying hydrated is hard work and I am barely eating anything. It would be fine for a few days but I'm worried about the effects of going like this for weeks more.

Hows everyone? The Zophran and acupuncture are continuing to give me some relief but it's still a constant battle to drink enough and eat pretty much anything. After my acupuncture today I did manage to take a shower and brush my hair which was an accomplishment. I did throw up twice in the shower and felt so weak after that I had to get oh to help me the 15feet from the shower to the couch. I seriously considered laying down on the floor for a rest half way. I'm rested again now though and its lovely to feel clean.

Bunny, I’m so sorry to hear you’re still not getting the relief you want. After reading this it’s hard to believe I was experiencing the same thing only a short time ago. How many weeks are you now?

8 weeks tomorrow. Last time I improved fairly suddenly from 13 weeks so 3 weeks down 5 to go! Just to make matters more miserable I caught the cold, aaah, can't win, lol.

Hi ladies havnt been on here much have been very ill the past week doctor has just started me on metoclopramide after others have failed,Iv been for my scan today baby is 14 weeks and just seeing it made it all worth while with this sickness anyone fancy a guess at gender

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 4
  • BE0613E4-93F9-40CE-9E81-C9B98691859E.jpg
    BE0613E4-93F9-40CE-9E81-C9B98691859E.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
Sorry you are having such a hard time hun. I hope the metoclopramide works for you. Some seem to have good success with it. I found it helped a little with keeping stuff down and throwing up less although I don't think I actually felt any better.

Such lovely scan pics!

Great pics, Marie!

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Bunny. Have you considered asking about doing IV fluids? I ended up in the hospital w IVs a few times my first pregnancy, and then called my doctor a few times later in that pregnancy, and in my second to do it as an outpatient when I had a few terrible days back to back.

I'm almost nervous about how much better I feel this time than previous pregnancies. I'm still vomiting afew times a day, and have near constant nausea, but I'm able to function most days. I'm just trying to make the best of every good day.

Rhiannon is right bunny the Iv maybe a good option,I know it’s certainly helped me feel better instantly even if it is for only a few days.

We managed to arrange a nurse to do an iv in the house my last pregnancy. I am not actually sure how I would have survived without it. I was on it pretty much constantly at my worst. I do remember how much better it made me feel as well. I was just saying to OH today that I thought it might be time to consider it again. As well as getting more fluids into me it will let me concentrate a bit more on eating food. I can't always do both and at the moment drinking water takes priority so there are days I don't manage to eat at all which isn't great.

Rhiannon- my sickness has been different with every pregnancy. With my 1st the worst of the hg was only from 10-12 weeks. With my second I had nasty morning sickness and threw up every day but could still keep down food and water and cary on a degree of normal life, by 10 weeks I was start to feel better. Last pregnancy the HG hit at 7 weeks and got really severe by 13. This time it started at 5 weeks.

Thank you for sharing your different experiences with your different pregnancies, Bunny. In my mind, "ill beyond function" is just the way my body "should" feel while pregnant. Anything less has me worrying. Today was pretty rough, so I'm hoping for a better tomorrow.

You can't really win can you. You either feel sick and miserable or a bit better but worrying why.

How is everyone today? After a couple of bad days I feel just slightly better today. I even managed to drink a whole glass of water then kept it down by having a nap. You start counting the small victories!

And after a few good days, I've been feeling much worse yesterday and today. I can only laugh about it at this point. One day at a time.

I have my first actual appointment coming up this Wednesday and, if I'm still having this many bad days, will probably ask about IV hydration.

Hello ladies. Sorry to hear about everyone’s sickness. Bunny, small victories certainly matter. I’m on my 15th week and overall feel much better. Although I was away on holiday and did have some bouts of severe nausea. I blame the food I ate because now that I’m home eating again I feel much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->