Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

Hey. Its cold at the caravan too!!

We've picked our venue and have got a date held for 10 days before we need to pay a deposit. It was the last available saturday in feb so we are saving £2k since they had a deal on jan and feb dates :) We have a good idea of a guest list too :) My wee niece keeps asking if we're having flower girls lol. So cute!

Laura we need to get an idea of prices for cakes too :)

Yay, how exciting! Just as well you had most of it sorted out already :haha: feb will be here in no time. What venue did you go for?

Well just let me know when you are going to Motherwell and I can meet you :)

I think my wedding cake consultation is going to end up with me falling out with Stephen's entire family. His mum has about 8 sisters and they are all batty as hell. One is getting married next August and has asked me to meet for a consultation re the cake. I have said I'd be delighted to but she has just told me that she only wants plain cakes as she is planning on buying decorations online. Umm...no. I won't be putting my name to a tacky cake. So I have asked to see these decorations. If they are at all fabric flowery or plastic sprayed silvery then she can buy plain cakes from Marks and use them! I will suggest alternatives that I can do and I have no doubt Stephen's mum will try and convince me to go along with it but I'm putting my foot down. I don't need her order lol.

The caves...

https://www.thecavesedinburgh.com/weddings.html

It's not your standard venue, but its lovely. My dad says ' dark and dingy', I say 'atmospheric' lol

I am so jel of your nap. Kaiden rarely has a nap during the day but conked out on the sofa this avo but i could not get mr dylan to sleep.

Could you compromise and let her have Alex for the afternoon evening? What is Stephen wanting to do?.......or maybe that is a silly question :rofl:

Wedding cake! Brilliant.

Well we are planning on having a drink so it's an all or nothing kinda thing. Stephen is desperate for us to spend some time together without the baby! I am not so keen lol! We have booked a restaurant so I will see how I feel after that. I'm sure it will be fine and I'll enjoy it. :wacko::nope:

That't the first nap I've had in a long time. I had a massive stinking rage at Stephen a few days ago about his lack of helping me around the house and he's been pretty good since (it won't last, we do this once a month) so for once I didn't have to spring up and do the housework as soon as Alex conked out! Alex always naps longer when he's all cuddled up with me too. Normally he naps for 20 mins at a time lol.

The caves...

https://www.thecavesedinburgh.com/weddings.html

It's not your standard venue, but its lovely. My dad says ' dark and dingy', I say 'atmospheric' lol

A friend of ours got married there this year and it was lovely. I love the lighting.

How was your night last night then Laura? Was alex good for his nana?

Lewis is choked with the cold still. Bit better than yesterday I think but still sounds terrible!

Its been freezing in the caravan this weekend. Think im gona have to start bring up fleecy sleep suits to put on top of lewis' normal one at bedtime. He woke up this morning and his wee arms and hands were freezing! ! :-( can you buy sleeping bags with arms and mitts on them? Lol

The caves look amazing!

Dylan only has 20 min power naps as well. :nope:

Kaiden has a terrible sounding cough and Dylan has a little cough too. Doesn't seem to be bothering either of them really.

Emma you can get sleepsuits with quilted arms to use with the sleeping bags.

I just stick a cardigan on Alex :)

He had a good time at nanas. We had a nice meal and got some decorating done. Was up at 8am to go and get him though lol!

We've decided to sell our 2nd car. We only did 1100 miles in it last year! The £256 mot and £140 tax was the last straw lol. Stephen has agreed we can get a new kitchen when we sell it :) excited!!!!

Ooh a new kitchen! Thats exciting! Do you think you'll get what you want for the car? Any idea what kind of kitchen you want?

Hows Dylans cough Karen? Lewis seems to be getting over his cold, thankfully! Hasnt been long lasting this time like the ones he had when he was really wee.

I saw your post about cardigans on fb laura. I love knitted ones too. I hardly have any now though. I looked on ebay and theres some lovely ones but they are soooo expensive!

Lewis has woke up at 3 the last 2 mornings and taken about 30 minutes to settle. Both nights its been after some teething powder so I reckon his teeth must be hurting. Im not sure though cos it's been almost exactly the same time both nights. On the bright side though, hes not getting fed at that time and has been going back down until 6.30, fed and down again until between 8.30-9.30. The thing that wakes me up these days is Ryan's bloody snoring! Lol!

Well we were told to aim for £4500 so I hope we can get that! I just want rid of it now though. Selling my iPhone and our massive wii bundle too. Still got Stephens golf irons to sell too! Should bring in over £5000 if all goes well.

I didn't think about eBay! Ill have a look, thanks :)

Hope all your boys are better. Alex's gums are terrible looking :(

Lewis has a tooth poking through. Just. But it's there :)

Yay :) hopefully that will be him over the worst of it! Alex's sleep returned to normal the day after I spotted his first one :) it hasn't come through any further though :( I think he's getting his eye teeth first. Wee vampire!

Not really. He had a few nights of disturbed sleep and I was giving him calpol and calgel but as soon as it poked through he seemed to get some relief and has been ok since. His gums are lumpy and he's still chewing and rashy but not needing any pain relief.

I've used the teetha powders but I don't think that's been enough today. He's exhausted after water babies though so fell asleep no probs. I've got the calpol out and ready for 3am lol

Well lewis STTN last night. 7.20-6.45 :) Hes been fed and put back down now and hes asleep again :) Happy days!! Couldn't have come a better time either cos my friend got free tickets for hairspray tonight at the playhouse :) Here's hoping he repeats it tonight :) Its odd, when I think about it, the prospect of no night feeds is exciting but it's also a little sad. Thats special me and lewis time. Lol. I never thought I'd be bothered about the prospect of them stopping. How wrong was I!!

How exciting getting a new kitchen. You going to fill it with baking gadgets :haha: Will keep my fx the car sells.

Well done Lewis. Dylan was up LOADS last night :sleep:. He has a cold with a cough, in fact both boys do :cry: he brought up a feed too, which he never does, so had to change his sleepsuit. Then I thought he had pooped so changed his nappy and when I put him in his cot he just yapped and rolled from one end of the cot to the other back and forth. Thought he was going to pull himself up to sit at one point. Anyway, took him back in with me and after 10 more mins of yapping he went back to sleep. Still woke a couple of hours later for a feed. Think because his nose is blocked he is not getting a proper feed. Kaiden snuck in the bed at some point too. They must of both been comfy though cause I had to wake them at 8 :haha:

Cheeky wee kaiden sneaking in there lol. Nothing quite like a cuddle next to mum when you're feeling lousy tho! :) Poor wee dylan. Was he bothered when he was sick? We had the opposite last night. Lewis ate LOADS and kept it all down. I was amazed lol.

Dylan will be up and about in no time! Lewis still doesnt even attempt to roll over :-/ He better start making some sort of attempt soon or I'm gona get worried. :-/

Lewis fell asleep on my bed at 11 when I was drying my hair and he's still asleep! He was only awake for an hour and a half before that!! :-/

Dylan was not bothered in the slightest when he was sick. Don't think he even noticed really. It did cross my mind not to change him but there was quite a lot and he was soaked down one side and it was a bit cold so couldn't leave him...plus it wasn't very nice to cuddle into :haha:

Lewis will be mobile soon enough. I fear Dylan is going to be quick at getting up to mischief like Kaiden. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->