Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

Ill catch up when I have a minute. Running on 2 hrs sleep and still have a cake to make before bed. Zzzz

Hi girlies. Apologies for my absence! I have been reading but every time I go to reply I remember something else I should be doing! I know the feeling Laura, as well as being allocated two streets in my scheme for Avon, I've been given 2 in Armadale which is the next town over. Been trying to sort books so I can drop them through doors tomorrow. Will catch up soon though! Xx

I viewed the caves with my mum today and met the celebrant who might marry us. Its got me so excited!

Having issues with the MIL again. Her side of Ryan's family mostly live in Canada and even though we haven't decided what we're doing yet in terms of invites, she has emailed them all (there's about 50) and told them the date and invited them all!! Ryan gave her shit and her response was ' well, you're having it too soon and they need notice!' He then explained that they may not all get an invite and she said she would then uninvite them! And preceeded to give ryan crap saying we should have told her not to invite them. We were just like 'erm.. since when is it up to you to invite anyone? We're the ones getting married' if she was helping pay then fine. But shes not.

God shes annoying. I don't want to tell her anything now! !.

Lol my MIL did the exact same thing, but before we had booked anything. When we told her we wouldn't be inviting all of her 6 sisters to our wedding as we wouldn't be paying to feed hundreds of people we don't see from one year to the next. She got in such a huff about it that I ended up telling her we'd decided to get married just me, Stephen and Shaun. She cried for days. Then we decided to get married abroad so only the folk who really liked us would fork out to come. In the end that was only one of her sisters. She didn't complain. She did harp on about us having a reception when we got home so her sisters could come and I said we would be more than happy to but she'd be paying for it. She changed her mind pretty quick!

You need to develop a thick skin because I swear she will unintentionally ruin your entire day otherwise :|

I'm not telling her anything now. She's so opinionated. She saw my engagement ring sitting in the living room and she oped it to have a nose at the detailed authenticity card. It's none of her business! Then I left the tartan swatches out accidentally and she had a nose and passed opinion on them too. It's a joke. It's like she has no boundaries and thinks its ok to go nosing about!

I'm just glad Ryan thinks she's as out of order as I do and he tells her that! He won't let her ruin anything.

I just find her sooo hard to get on with. She's so inconsiderate too. Told me on Wednesday she would visit 'early morning' so I didn't go out after Lewis' nap cos I figured she'd be arriving any min. She didn't come til 3pm! Then didn't apologise and acted if she hadn't done anything wrong. She had us waiting around for hours!

What were her opinions on the tartans? Maybe she's just interested in her sons day? I can't imagine Shaun or Alex getting married without me being involved somehow lol. I'd be devastated if they kept me in the dark about everything, especially if the mother of the bride was involved.

I don't mind her being involved but I do mind her trying to take over and do things without asking us. She's already started trying to do that with inviting folk when we haven't even decided on a guest list ourselves.

I totally understand she is excited and keen to be involved but she's so pushy. I can't be bothered with her trying to push us around like she does. It's like she thinks that cos its her son getting married, that gives her licence to do what she wants and to take over. I know the more I involve her, the more she will try to take over. Ryan says that too.

My parents are involved because they are footing the bill and cos I want my mums opinion on my dress. They are of the opinion, ' its you and Ryan's wedding so just do what you want'.

It's difficult cos the more she tries to take over and force her opinions on us the less we want her involved. And she obviously would like to be involved.

She liked the tartans but said we should be going with the tartan of her family cos that's tradition. She wanted me to look it up and all that but I point blank refused and said there is no point lol

Stick to your guns. She can only take over as much as you let her. I challenged my MIL every time she overstepped the mark and things got terrible for ages but eventually she realised that I'm not going to let her walk over me so things are ok now.

Im going to stand my ground. We will have a big bust one day. I know we will. Cos she just doesn't seem to know boundaries. It will be interesting once ryan and I have another baby cos she cant treat me like some clueless idiot. One good thing at least is that ryan gets pissed off with her about the same stuff so he always is on my side. Its easy for him to put her in her place though. I don't want an atmosphere. Cos if I had to have it out with her over something, I'd probably end up saying I didn't want her visiting unless ryan was there.

Did you manage to bake all your cakes then?

Oh man what a cheeky witch inviting them all on your behalf :shock: my MIL is the opposite and doesnt get involved at all. Its only since i have been on maternity leave that she maybe sees the boys once a week and thats cause at the weekend when i take them to the park and say to k lets go see nanny to get him out :wacko:

How is stephen?

We have mice :growlmad: dave thought it was just one and we (he) put traps out last night and got two. i want them gone!!

Kaiden out of the blue yesterday while playing said ' i need to drive to the hospital to see my little sister' :haha: i mentioned it again to dave saying i think k wants a little sister but he said he doesnt think so :haha:

Do you think you will convince him? Lol. I still haven't had a period :| I could always be pregnant I guess :haha:

Got the cakes done :) Got 2 more to do tomorrow and another 2 for Tuesday lol. I am SO busy!

Stephen is ok. He was sore for a few days and still isn't back at work as he needs to be able to restrain the patients and can't with a gammy shoulder.

I don't think he will be convinced but i am not going back on the pill until i stop bf as i didnt get on with the mini pill. I think my period started about 3-4 weeks after i stopped bf kaiden. Do you think you should test?

Thats brill you are so busy. Is stephen able to help with alex while he is off so you can bake?

Stephen takes Alex all day while I'm in the kitchen but I'm getting nothing but guilt trips at the minute because I'm in the kitchen so much. I don't make him feel guilty when he goes to work so I'm getting really sick of it. I'm bringing in £200-£300 a week that we need so he should just get on with it and be grateful but like a typical man he can't do anything baby related without acting like he's doing it as a huge favour for me. Looking forward to him going back to work tbh.

No point testing as I'm only 7 days into the 2ww, technically. Lol. We have only BD'd once recently and that was when Alex was at Stephen's mums last week. I have no idea if I was even ovulating. It's doubtful but would be an end to my cake business lol. I couldn't be in there trying to decorate cakes with morning sickness!

We are good, well apart from the boys still having a cough/cold. Dave working today and Kaiden is going to his pals for lunch and a play after nursery so its just me and Dylan. Not used to having free time so not sure what to do with us :haha:

I worked from home for a while, before children, and dave used to forget that I was working on the computer...not playing. Can only imagine it would be even more annoying if he did that now. Every 2 years I need to do an online exam to renew a qualification and the last time I told Dave to keep him & Kaiden out the kitchen while I did it and that lasted 5 mins :dohh: That reminds me I will need to do that again in a couple of months I think :nope:

It must be a man thing because I feel like whenever I need to do something, like pee or make the dinner for eg I always say to dave ' can you watch/entertain dylan'.....why do I need to do that he is his responsibility too :growlmad:

Oh yes, I was also going to ask you girls if you had any thoughts on Christmas yet? I really am struggling for ideas for Dylan as he has gotten so much stuff that Kaiden had. Not even got that many ideas for Kaiden really. The only thing I have thought for Dylan is the hide & squeak eggs. Maybe I will wrap up my old mobile phone since he currently slavering & gnawing on mine just now :haha:

I'm good. Still not moved much from the kitchen!

Stephen thinks it's more of a hobby than a job because I actually enjoy doing it. Lol! I'd rather be in the living room rolling around the floor with Alex and Shaun but I need to earn a wage and the first year in any new business is always the most difficult.

Hey girls.

we're good, the last week or so has been manic! Had loads of issues with my avon order for the fayre on Saturday. Ended up being a bit of a fail, I only sold 3 items!! It wasn't as busy as the last one though cos the location was a bit rubbish. Still going to do the next one though, hopefully I can sell a bit more in the run up to Christmas. I've now got about 150 houses to deliver books to as well so getting loads od exercise!

Have to say, John is really good at entertaining James when I have Avon or Showcase stuff to do.

I haven't a clue re Christmas!! I don't think we're going to spend loads on him tbh cos I think the grandparents will go nuts on him! Lol. Xx

We are good. Lewis has 2 teeth now and he seems to always be pretty sore. I feel so sorry for him cos he never cries. It breaks my heart. Any of the boys got any signs of (more) teeth?

We haven't even considered Xmas yet. Too much wedding stuff going on! I need to find my dress in the next 3 weeks!! :-/

Ryan is pretty good at taking Lewis.im going to start doing the bookwork for my mum and dad so I'll need Ryan to entertain Lewis then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->