Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

I've started Christmas shopping but have only done my Dads so far. He got Shaun a Kindle Fire HD and Alex a load of toys. I have no idea what to get Shaun. There is nothing he wants or needs. We went round toys r us 5 times with his birthday vouchers before he finally found something to spend them on! Alex will be easier as we don't have any of Shaun's toys from that age and only plan on getting him a half dozen things to open.

It's a shame the fayre didn't go to plan Arlene :( FIngers crossed for the next one being better.

Did you see anything you liked when you were out yesterday Emma? was it yesterday? All the days have blurred into one.

Alex is currently eating the curtains :( No more teeth yet but he has one corner of one through and 3 massive lumps where others are about to break through.

Jeez he's gona have loads soon then!!

I found a bridesmaids dress that we all liked and a wedding dress that I loved but I had to make an appt to go try it on so I'm going back tomorrow with my sis in law. We need to get moving and decide on a tartan ASAP cos it looks like we are going to have to get a made to measure kilt for Lewis which could take ages to be made. We need to get invites sorted too so folk have maximum notice lol. It's quite stressful!!

Have you booked a date then? Sorry if you already told us this, I am SO tired lol

Not signed anything yet but we've got a date held and are waiting on the contracts coming through the post. 22nd Feb 2014 :) Very soon as wedding dates go! A lot to organise in the next wee while. Once we have the bigger things sorted I will be happy but right now its so stressful. I'll be glad in the end though. :)

Lewis just woke up screaming his head off. Its either his teeth or a bad dream. Wee soul :-(

Btw, see if milk is meant to be where lewis gets most of his nutrition for the first year, does that mean when the wedding comes at 10 months old, he will still be feeding every 4 hours? Xx

I don't think they still get most of their nutrition from milk at 10 months do they? They should be on 3 meals a day by then. I can't remember properly but I think I was giving Shaun milk in a sippy cup by then and it was only 3 or 4 times a day. :shrug: pretty sure he was taking about 30oz in 4 goes with 9oz at bedtime. Breastfeeding may well be entirely different and I'm sure it will depend on the baby. Alex is still only taking a few ounce every few hours.

It's amazing how quickly you forget these things and how different it can be with each child! Shaun was eating regularly by now and Alex is still only having a wee bit of fruit and veg every other day!

I'm quite confused about it all. Cos I thought like you, that the aim was 3 meals a day plus milk but there's a whole school of people who say the first year is for introducing foods rather than making them mostly what the child eats. So like, with blw you would give them a taste of whatever you're eating but as that won't be much, they still get all their milk feeds and thats where they get most of their calories from. And if the child starts to drop feeds then you cut back on the amount of food they are getting. But only up to a year old.

Morning :)

No teeth here yet. I got him an amber teething necklace. I'm not sure that it works :shrug: I have noticed he is not drooling as much and isn't chewing his fingers the same although still likes a good chew on things. He seems happy so that is the main thing although his sleeping is terrible just now. :sleep:

Re: weaning I was told that food is fun until one. With BLW you won't know how much they are actually eating as you trust them to eat as much as they need and it is all about tasting things. Having said that with Kaiden we did TW with loads of finger foods. He was around 7 months when I went back to work and just did mornings for 2-3 months then worked until 3.30. Before I went back to work I pumped loads of milk and froze it and he would not take any of it from a bottle or cup :dohh: I found that by around 10 months he would BF on waking, I would squeeze in a quick BF before leaving at 8.30ish & then that would be him until I got home around 4. Dave would feed him something pureed or from a jar for lunch. He would BF at 4 when I got in & then I would let him BF as much as he wanted the rest of the day. He would have dinner with us around 6ish. I did find though that Kaiden still wanted to BF during the night but I don't know if it was just a comfort thing TBH. I didn't refuse because, well I felt a but guilty going back to work & he wouldn't take any EBM, I was tired & needed to get up early and function at work the next day so it was easier to just let him BF & also I quite liked the extra snuggles. He was not much older than 1 (I think) when he dropped feeds during the day unless he was feeling poorly or bumped himself. I do remember a couple of times refusing him feeds during the day and distracting him with something else but can not remember what age he was.

Sorry went on a bit. All babies are different. I think once you start weaning proper you will know what his appetite is like and just follow his lead.

Morning, how are we all today?

Oh my god, it's so miserable ouside!!! Think James and I are gonna have a duvet day with some disney films (more for my benefit than his!). Think I'm coming down with a cold too, which is typical the week before I have a show!! Would any of you guys fancy coming to see it? It's all to raise money for Macmillan and we're doing everything from Chuck Berry and Rod Stewart to Adele, Doctor Who and Coldplay. Xx

I'm doing a Macmillan event myself next weekend. I have that on the Friday and then have to drive to Ayrshire with a jake and neverland pirates cake, then on sat I have a Chelsea cake then on Sunday I have a giant cupcake and 40 cupcakes for a baby shower. Then I have a giant minion and a birthday cake for a 7 year old and her dad, then a birthday cupcake order on tues and a skyrim cake on weds. I have Thursday off! Lol I'll be going nowhere next weekend :(

At least the business is going well!! Lol. James is napping on the chair, I'm lying on the couch with a hot water bottle watching Peter Pan! Lol xx

Aww arlene hope you feel better soon. Hope your show is goes well it sounds like it will be a good night but probably a bit far for me to go.

Laura that is brill you are so busy.

I'd love to come Arlene but we are staying at home this weekend so I'm pretty certain we will be away next weekend. If it had been this weekend I would have came along.

Laura it sounds like you are run off your feet. That's awesome! I was thinking btw, are you vat registered? Cos if not, you better watch. We are hoping to chooses tartan at the weekend so if we do, we need to get a cake design sorted with you :)

So I went dress shopping with my sis in law again today and I think we found 'the' dress. It's gorgeous! It had us both in tears lol. We might have found the dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girls too :) we are all going back to the shop tomorrow. It's sooo exciting. I can't wait for my mum to see it!

Laura you dont need to worry about vat until your sales are over 79K over a rolling 12 months (or less) although you can register any time if you wish but doubt your custmoers would like it :flower:

Thars great that you have found a dress Emma. Are you going to describe it to us or are you keeping it all a secret?

It's on from Tuesday Emma if you can make it through the week. Understand it's hard with Lewis though!

Oooh, describe it! PM a pic on facebook! I get so excited about wedding chat. Hate not being able to plan my own though! Xx

I only said that about vat cos ryan told me to lol. I have no clue about it lol.

I can't pm a pic cos the pics that come up on Google are different from the dress. I'll pm it though cos its rhard to explain. Its gotta be kept between us though. I don't really want anyone getting wind of what its like lol.

I'll see what ryan's shifts are like next week and if he is off one night I could come along :)

I do (lots of) vat and tax returns at work :wacko:

Yay looking forward to hearing about the dress.

BTW are any of you ladies loosing loads of hair? Mine is coming out loads just now. Think i might see about getting it cut again and see if that helps. My finger nails are a mess too as they keep breaking. I dont want them long just now anyway in case i scratch dylan but i dont want them broken this short either!

Oohh I missed all the chat lol!

Emma, I have registered my kitchen with environmental health and have registered as a sole trader under my name, I am currently Laura Japp T/A Jappacakes. I wouldn't have been able to register as Jappacakes due to copyright reasons lol. Karen is corrrect about VAT. My sales will never reach that amount so I don't need to worry about that :)

Karen, my hair was falling out so much that it was really beginning to scare me :( I got it cut short in the hope that it would stop it coming out so much but no, it's still falling out and I am beginning to look a bit bald! I also have tiny wee wispy bits around my temples where it's fallen out and growing back in!

Still no period... no bfp either right enough. Had no idea I'd be peeing on sticks quite so soon!

I think I want to go and dig my wedding dress out and just wear it for a little while. That would be totally normal right? lol.

Another cake is done! I am pooped. I hate spending so much time away from Alex and Shaun but by god I'm loving having a job I actually enjoy!

I need a rant... lol.

I stupidly put up a wedding related status n fb and several of ryan's family have commented asking when it is. I don't want to make it public yet since we still need confirmation from the venue but im really annoyed. We both have family in Canada but his side have been making comments like 'when is it? Us Canadians need to know' and 'us in canada might want to come'. I understand where they are coming from but it's pissing me off that they are all assuming they are invited. No one in my family has assumed their invited. And none would dream of asking. His family seem to think its ridiculous that they have to wait until they get an actual invite. They act like its up to them whether they come or not rather that it being up to ryan and I to invite them! Its childish but it makes me want to say ' who says you're even invted?' Lol. That's about the size of it anyway. We both come from huge families and I'm not inviting a lot of people I'd love to invite because there's too many. My family totally understand that. But his clearly think they will all be invited. It's like they think just being family means they are invited. Thats just not the case. And them all assuming so is getting on my wick! I would never assume I'm invited to anyone's wedding. Let alone insist on knowing the date before anything s even finalised!

Rant over. I feel better now. Thats been pissing me off all night! Lol

I should say, I would assume I was invited if ryan was the best man lol. As was the case with that wedding last year. But im sure most people would assume that in that case lol. Incidently, that couple aren't getting an invite to our wedding lol

I would just put a comment saying 'everyone who is invited to the wedding will receive an invite when the date has been confirmed'.

Families are nuts and you're about to double yours ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->