Any Scottish April 2013 babies out there??

Hi ladies. I'm in Edinburgh and just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant with my first baby! Still don't think it has sunk in yet but very very happy. Ive got my booking in appointment on September 4th and then my scan at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary on the 8th of October. Had really sore boobs for a week, and felt nauseous (sp?) today. It's a bit weird as I'm okay when actually eating but feel the nausea when I'm not.

So sad to hear you've had EPs and MCs, hoping these ones stick for you all!! Oh, and my due date is April 20th!

Arlene x

Hi Arlene :) Congratulations! I didn't have the nausea until the last couple of days but I know what you mean about it being ok when eating!

Poptarts are calling me from the kitchen and I am trying to ignore! Having melon instead... I bought 4 packets of chopped melon and grape in tesco today :|They go out of date tomorrow. I didn't notice this at the time!

Hey welcome Arlene. Lat night I woke up with major cramps I was crying and everything called nhs 24 and it turned out I just needed a poop lol.. Was so constipated yesterday. X

Yeah actually when I was talking on the phone t the nurse they had completely gone :blush:

I've never been constipated didnt realise is could be so painful...I'm normally the opposite but I guess it's normal in pregnancy.. No cramps since then :) just the dull ache I had been getting anyway. X

I kept kinda waking up with cramps and had a dream that I was bleeding. Woke up this morning in a right panic.

My dreams are so vivid just now!

Constipation is not pleasant lol

:flower: hi all! Hope you don't mind me butting in. I introduced myself a few days ago, but have been quiet on this thread. Getting impatiently worried about the lack of symptoms. Time seems to have dragged since last Sunday when I got my BFP.

Working back shift today, then I'm on call until tomorrow morning. It's very frustrating because I work in an environment where I come into contact with xrays and other nasties that are harmful to an embryo, so my bosses and close workmates have had to know from day dot about the pregnancy. Would have loved to have kept it to myself for a while, but it really wasn't an option. Having said that, the hugs I get when people find out are lovely. I've found myself really appreciating them.

This sounds like suvh a depreessing post, it wasn't intended to. I'm normally such a chipper person!

I kept kinda waking up with cramps and had a dream that I was bleeding. Woke up this morning in a right panic.

My dreams are so vivid just now!

Constipation is not pleasant lol

Oh my God! That sounds awful. I hope you got to sit down with a nice drink and catch your breath. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
No, constipation is awful, my sympathy to anyone with it. Was thinking about a nice thing to say, but it all seemed to come out like a bad pun, eg, constipation's really sh*t/hard, etc:dohh:. Not good

Laura aw thts an awful dream.. My dreams are so vivid too..x

Wannabe willow aw Hun loads of ppl don't get symtoms till 7 wks Hun. Xx

Laura aw thts an awful dream.. My dreams are so vivid too..x

Wannabe willow aw Hun loads of ppl don't get symtoms till 7 wks Hun. Xx

Ach, I know, I'm just being a daftie. With DD, I phoned NHS24 the day before my symptoms arrived because it was worrying me! A bit silly, considering I'm a childrens' nurse! If I get nauseous, I hope it doesn't strike on Sunday as I'm becoming a Godmother to Flake-y's wee boy. I don't think vomit is a good look when carrying a baby in church!

Still totally addicted to POAS. Got my 3+ weeks on my Clear Blue digi just there which made me reel with excitement. To be fair, it'll make DH reel with frustration over the spiralling cost of HPT to our budget! I said I'd stop when I got my 3+ and I have, so I must stick to my word. It is so addictive though.

Hope everyone has a lovely day without too much nausea/heartburn/boobache/constipation! :hugs:

Hahah I have resisted the urge to buy digis. I bought 100 cheapy Ebay hpts and they arrived the day I got my BFP so I have been peeing on them like they are going out of date. I still haven't made a dent in them right enough! They were only 7p each so I figure it's ok :)

I had no symptoms until about 2 days ago and now the morning sickness has swept in. Apparently Ginger is good for it so I will get some Ginger ale and sip that, see if it helps.

All I could face for breakfast was a pop tart. I feel so unhealthy. I still have loads of melon left so will have that too.

DH had a terrible night last night. He didn't sleep a wink. He started work at 6am today. I don't know if it's seeing the baby on the scan and the realisation that it's actually happening that's had him up all night or if it's a job interview he has tomorrow but it's not like him. He could fall asleep anywhere and usually does! I lie awake at night while he is out like a light. He works in the State Hospital in Carstairs and applied for a promotion. He's been told he is a shoo in for it but I don't think he wants the job, I think he's only doing it because his salary will increase by £300 a month and we need all the money we can get because I was made redundant. I feel awful though, I don't want him to be in a job he hates. He likes his current job and is a very laid back person. He spent hours yesterday going over interview notes and the job description so he doesn't make a tit of himself in the interview. I think maybe he doesn't want the job but because our situation has suddenly dawned on him he's stupidly worried he won't get the job. Poor soul. I am making him his favourite dinner tonight (which he usually eats so much of he falls asleep right after) and I have cleaned all the bedding with lavender soap powder. I might even run him a bath lol.

Shaun back at school tomorrow so need to get him organised too!! No time to be sick!

Aw ur poor hubby. Spoil him Hun... Aw how old is shaun??xx

Are u lady's getting like dull aches like af pain?? I'm getting this it's odd.... I'm still peeing on sticks lol... Today I am more pg than the control line lol..x

Aw ur poor hubby. Spoil him Hun... Aw how old is shaun??xx

Are u lady's getting like dull aches like af pain?? I'm getting this it's odd.... I'm still peeing on sticks lol... Today I am more pg than the control line lol..x

I was more pg than control today for the first time too :) And I have the dull aches too. I have had pain in my right shoulder since yesterday too, which is another reason why I had the scan because it's a sign of EP. If feels like I've pulled a muscle or something...it's doing my head in!

Shaun just turned 7 on the 23rd July. I'd ideally have liked another while he was really young but it just didn't happen! He's going in to P3 now, I have no idea where the time went.

Yeah for ur test yeh my left shoulder was sore yesterday so when I woke with they pains I was in a right panic incase it was etopic cos I think it's around 5 wks etopic pregnancys cos harm... That's great p3 time does fly by... I would like 2 but hubby only wants one but I think if we hav this baby we will see how it goes then decide. Xx

Oh are u still getting loads of cm?? My lord I feel like I've got a puddle in my undies most of the time lol...x

Yeah totally. It's causing me no end of panic. I swear I am paranoid android!

I want to have 2 close together :) None of my sisters have kids so Shaun is kinda on his own, I feel so bad for him. I wish I had been able to give him a brother or sister close to his age. I keep asking DH if we can adopt a 5 year old but he's not keen lol.

Aw I kno I think il be at ease if I make it to 9 wks but cm is defo a gd thing. X

I heard 9 or 10 wks but most ppl don't get anything till around 13 wks I'd drive myself potty with one of them lol... U got one?x

I'd like a ultrasound machine lol so I cud see it every day. X but they cost around a grand. X

A grand eh? Not too bad lol. I don't have a doppler no, but was thinking about getting one if it would get me through the 8 to 16 week paranoia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->