Anybody else due in October?

My EDD is October 12! i go in for my second scan on the 29th! i'm excited!! :)

I'm confused on how many weeks I am, think I'm 5 weeks and 1 day. My last period was January 14th, thanks!!

My ultrasound is on the 5th. 2 more weeks to wait! Im excited though. But as far as now goes, i'm having a hard time eating or drinking anything. im not sick or anything, I just have no desire to eat and when I force it I want to gag :/

I'm confused on how many weeks I am, think I'm 5 weeks and 1 day. My last period was January 14th, thanks!!

Drs will calculate your due date by the date of your last period, not by ovulation. So by the time you ovulate you will be about 2 weeks pregnant, and by the time you miss your period, you will be about 4 weeks pregnant. That would make you 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant right now and according to the due date calculator, your estimated due date should be october 20th :) Of course your OB or midwive , whichever you are using, will most likely adjust it once you have an ultrasound by measuring the size of the baby, by doing that they can get a better estimate of just how old the baby is. Of course due dates are always an estimate. They may end up adjusting you multiple times (though most likely not) and you baby will probably measure big somedays and smaller other days. Ultrasounds are usually the most accurate way of telling you how big the baby is but they can and do vary. At my last scan with my first (35 weeks) the ultrasound tech told me my baby was already 5 lbs and that if he continued to grow at a regular pace I should have expected an 8.5 lb baby but he came out at 6 lbs 13 ounces. oh and he was a week over due!

hopefully this helps you..probably more info than you needed =P

Drs will calculate your due date by the date of your last period, not by ovulation. So by the time you ovulate you will be about 2 weeks pregnant, and by the time you miss your period, you will be about 4 weeks pregnant. That would make you 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant right now and according to the due date calculator, your estimated due date should be october 20th :) Of course your OB or midwive , whichever you are using, will most likely adjust it once you have an ultrasound by measuring the size of the baby, by doing that they can get a better estimate of just how old the baby is. Of course due dates are always an estimate. They may end up adjusting you multiple times (though most likely not) and you baby will probably measure big somedays and smaller other days. Ultrasounds are usually the most accurate way of telling you how big the baby is but they can and do vary. At my last scan with my first (35 weeks) the ultrasound tech told me my baby was already 5 lbs and that if he continued to grow at a regular pace I should have expected an 8.5 lb baby but he came out at 6 lbs 13 ounces. oh and he was a week over due!

hopefully this helps you..probably more info than you needed =P
Thanks so much :) it's so nice having other ladies to talk to!

Hi ladies:wave: I recognise some of you from the feb testers thread :)

I got my bfp yesterday and my due date (going be LMP) is 25th October :happydance:

I got my BFP this morning and EDD is 29th October!! Have a holiday to center parcs booked for 8th - 12th October booked though so not sure what to do now. I will be 37 weeks pregnant and had my son at 38 weeks :s

Hey ladies I'm due oct 23rd :) and I don't seem to be able to stop eating!!! My oh thinks I've got worms!!!! Anyone else always hungry!!!

Congrats on your bfp :)

I can see you dilemma with the holiday, personally i would see if i could rebook for earlier in the pregnancy. Although you might be alright, it depends if you're willing to risk going into labour whilst you're there!!

Hey ladies I'm due oct 23rd :) and I don't seem to be able to stop eating!!! My oh thinks I've got worms!!!! Anyone else always hungry!!!

Hi :wave: our due dates are really close (mine's the 25th :)) and yes, i'm really hungry all.the.time :haha: I had a massive roast just before 3 and i was winding up DH saying i bet i would be hungry again before 5. He didn't think i would, but i can tell you, i feel the rumbling coming on already :rofl:

Hi :wave: our due dates are really close (mine's the 25th :)) and yes, i'm really hungry all.the.time :haha: I had a massive roast just before 3 and i was winding up DH saying i bet i would be hungry again before 5. He didn't think i would, but i can tell you, i feel the rumbling coming on already :rofl:

Yay I'm not alone then!!! :happydance: I'm doing slimming world as well so I am conscious of what I'm eating!!! I don't rememver being this hungry when preg with dd but then again I ate what I wanted then so might of eaten more?!?!

I don't remember being this hungry last time either! I have lost half a stone since the beginning of jan and i can actually feel it going back on :haha:

Hi ladies! I am 6 weeks tomorrow. I'm not sick or anything but don't have much of an appetite. :growlmad:

I have the opposite problem. I have no interest in eating or drinking anything right now..I have to force myself to do it, or get sick. The only time I ever get morning sickness is if I dont eat before going to bed. Only let that happen once with my first, and the same just happened a couple days ago..since then I have no interest in eating what so ever..and I practically gag when forcing myself to take my prenatal and its not even big, doesnt taste/smell bad or anything either! :wacko:

Welcome to all the new comers :D Happy + healthy 9 months to everyone!

So what are you hoping for? a boy or a girl?

I already have the best son I could ever be blessed with, so I am really hoping this baby is a girl, and I have a strong feeling it is. I'm going to a 3d/4d ultrasound place to have a gender scan at the very end of April (probably april 28th) or first few days of may depending on how far my due date gets adjusted once I have my first ultrasound. I did the same with my son and it was pretty cool. If my estimated due date stays the same or pretty much the same I will be almost 16 weeks at the time. The place I am going to will give you the gender as early as 14 weeks but even though I want to know asap I also want to wait to get a more accurate answer.

so I just have to wait 9 more weeks..lol If this baby is a girl my mom is going to throw me a baby shower :) I mentioned to her that I'd like to have a baby shower if this baby is a girl but if its another boy I'll probably just have a small family welcome baby party. She agreed it was a good idea and offered to host it for me :) She hosted my baby shower with my son too and it ended up being a good turn out, except I didnt really get anything I registered for (and only like 3 packs of diapers surprisingly) everyone got clothes and blankets lol but we sure made use of them!

So - team pink or team blue? :) and what are you guys looking forward to?

Well we've already had 4 girlies, so we won't be finding out the gender, happy for a surprise this time round. I'm not really fussed either way and we already have names picked out so no trawling names books this time either :) We've deceided to keep it to ourselves as long as possible, i know most people say until after the scan, but i have IC (incompetant cervix) so i should be having a suture placed at around 14 weeks to keep bubba cooking hopefully all the way to term. I'd like not to tell anyone until after the procedure so i know everything is ok and there are no complications which can happen with the surgery. It all went fine the past 3 times i had it done so we should be fine, just don't want to worry everyone :)

Good luck :) we have names picked out too. my sons name was just a name I liked and hubby agreed on. Took quite a few tries to agree on a middle name. after he was born we agreed if the next is a girl I pick the name and if its another boy he picks. Luckily I like his choice. Cant wait to find out what we're having. I couldnt imagine 4 of the same gender. Though I do know many families like that.

It's not so bad really, quite nice having a house full of girlies, although DH does feel outnumbered sometimes!! I picked some names before Xmas and asked DH what he thought, luckily he liked both so we're sticking with them. I'm looking forward to having a surprise at the birth this time too, never done it that way before! We're also thinking about a home birth this time too, I was home 6 hours after last time, so it didn't seem worth being in hospital for it :)

I really like the idea of water birth but no hospitals here do it, I almost needed an emergency c section last time (luckily things worked out fine) so ill definitely be going to a hospital this time as well. Wish I could up and leave after lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->