Anybody else due in October?

I'm going to start shopping in 2 weeks. I'm 11-ish weeks now.

I got a few things..pacifiers, carseat an outfit and halloween costume that was on clearance ( too cute and for only $3 I couldn't pass it up) but if the baby is a girl my mom is going to throw me a baby shower since we only have boy stuff..so we have to some things for our registry :p

I got a few things..pacifiers, carseat an outfit and halloween costume that was on clearance ( too cute and for only $3 I couldn't pass it up) but if the baby is a girl my mom is going to throw me a baby shower since we only have boy stuff..so we have to some things for our registry :p

I saw a thing on The Bump.com that said people do a "Baby Sprinkle" instead of a Baby Shower for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on kiddos. I think I agree since every child should be celebrated! It was a neat idea because it was still a celebration for the new little one but even if it's the same sex, people could still give outfits, books, diapers (you know the stuff the you will still need) since you probably still have the big items already.

AFM- I've been getting my shopping fix with my husband's cousin! She's due in May and her shower is the 31st this month so I've been going to town for her! I've probably bought her way too much but oh well I'm having fun! :haha:

Yeah we still have some of the big things but we do need to get a few things too..we passed on some things when we were done with them for the moment..so we need a new jumperoo or exersaucer, a baby tub, and a new play mat. Then of course a couple new bottles and breast milk storage bottles, and blankets and clothes and all those little things..they sure do add up so its nice to have all the help you can get =P

Even if this baby is another boy we probably will have some sort of welcome baby party but it probably wont be as big as if we do an actual baby shower. I don't quite know a baby shower would play our right now though..both me and my brothers girl friend are pregnant right now and she is due about 9 days later..so If I have a girl and they have another girl, I get a baby shower but then they would be left out, if they have a boy and I have another boy that leaves me out..or one of us feeling akward having a baby shower for items we already have.. and if I have a girl and they have a boy I'm positive my mother would want to combine them, but I think that would just get confusing...and thats just one thing I wouldn't want to share =/ (confusing I know).

And hey maybe your hubby's cousin will return the favor ;)

My SIL's shower is May 5th, and I'm really excited for it, but she doesn't know I'm pregnant. Actually, no one does and I don't really want to tell anyone, I'll just tell them if they ask, I'm afraid of stealing her thunder even though it's her 3rd and my first, but then if I don't tell her and she notices at the shower, that might be worse. I'll be around 18 weeks at her shower.

So Doctor office called and said that my Thyroid Test came back abnormal...Yay more to think about.

My SIL's shower is May 5th, and I'm really excited for it, but she doesn't know I'm pregnant. Actually, no one does and I don't really want to tell anyone, I'll just tell them if they ask, I'm afraid of stealing her thunder even though it's her 3rd and my first, but then if I don't tell her and she notices at the shower, that might be worse. I'll be around 18 weeks at her shower.

Having been the on the other side of the thunder stealing bit I definitely.understand. They'll find out eventually though right?

me too, they want to test again in another 3 months. lol the woman who called didnt even know i was pregnant...like wtf?! and you are calling bout things in my file?

Some people..and 3 months? My god..and I thought 4 weeks for my sch was torture!

lol right. is a nuchal scan important? should i request one from my doctor to see if baby has down syndrome

Eh.. My dr offered me one for my next appointment but I declined. I'm having the ultrasound anyway for my sch but my son was born healthy and i'm still young so I declined to which my dr agreed with. its just more blood work I dont need. Its a personal choice really. When you're young and have no family history of birth defects/mental health issues or any reason to suspect any then theres probably no need. Just depends on your personal choice. Its another ultrasound though if you aren't already going to have one.

my doctor said i dont get my next ultrasound till the gender scan...which will prolly be 18 weeks...so long away!!!!

Yeah, if it werent for my sch I wouldn't be getting one till 18-20 weeks as well. But thats why I am paying for a 3d scan at 16 weeks so I can know early like I did with my son. Maybe you could get one.

i could maybe...but i need to just make it to the 10 week before i make that decision

I refused to get the testing done too. I think that if someone were to get negative news it would make them worry more. I'm young too. Just 21 so there would be no risk, really.

So i shouldn't worry about the Nuchal scan, alright :D but haha just to think about the 10week visit and the thyroid now, cause i dont know which way its going...:wacko:

I know its hard not to worry..just relax when you can and try to think positive. Distract yourself so tge days go by faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->