Anybody else due in October?

Print out the evidence and recommendations you should continue. Next time she opens her mouth just say 'I'd like you to know what I do before offering me advice' and give it to her. :)

Ive tried explaining it to her, saying experts reccomend going to 2 years then as long as mutually agreed but she just says no I dont think so. I doubt printing it out would change her mind :/

Then go the harsh route. Next time say 'no, your 1940's opinions are not valid, so you may as well stop offering em to me.' LOL
Would love to see the look on her face.

LOL! Well obviously I dont want ro be rude to her but if she keeps telling me what to do with my kid, I may have to in order to get the point across.

Well, all I have to say is GOOD FOR YOU! Most people can't breast feed at all much less for 18 months or 2 years. So, you do it as long as you are comfortable! Remember what they say, BREAST IS BEST!

oh man...what a long day at work...just to get off and get a Text from my mom... called her and found out she has breast cancer...i don't need this stress right now...not at this last couple weeks... i want to pull my hair out and cry in a pillow.:cry:

That's terrible news. My grandmother had cancer while I was pregnant and it was so hard to face. It gave her a reason why she was fighting though, she would always say 'I can't go yet, I have another great grandchild on the way'. It made me smile.
I sincerely hope it was caught early enough to fight quickly and aggressively. :hugs: good luck!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your mom does well through treatment. I totally understand how you feel. It is very difficult for a close relative to be facing cancer - especially a parent. :hugs:

Thanks! what did your tummy feel like at 11+ weeks

My tummy had a small bump, and I was pretty exhausted and nauseas on and off. I also had a lot of food aversions, most things are better now, though I am still vomiting occasionally...like today...ugh. How are you feeling?

So, I hate to change the subject but I had to tell you ladies...

In the town about 10 miles from mine (one I travel to all the time), there were reports of a peeping-tom. The sheriff's department sent out a few deputies to check it out only to find out it was a deer looking in people's windows! They were able to even get so close to pet the deer! They loaded it up and took it elsewhere and set it free...now my only thought is that if this deer already likes to peep through windows, won't it just start looking through other people's windows? I think they just decided it was best that another county deal with the peeping-tom deer! I love how they passed the buck on this one! Oh, "pass the buck" - how ironic!

:haha: wow, I would think people could tell the difference between a deer face and a human face, lol.

Haha - Agreed!

So my drs office called and the nurse practitioner I have been seeing won't be in town during the week of my next scheduled appointment :( So they scheduled me with a different dr..I really don't like the idea..I may call back and see when she will be avaliable just as I'm really not comfortable with the idea of changing drs for one appointment..

Sooo yeah just called the dr's office to tell them I'd rather just stay with the same person, they rescheduled me but not without adding "Just so you know, she's just a nurse practitioner so she won't be doing any deliveries" Uhh DUH? I knew that much, but even with my previous dr's office the 2 drs I had been seeing (the only 2 drs that work at that location that regularly deliver at my preferred hospital) weren't the ones who delivered me, the on call dr did. Fortunately for me she was very nice..but I kind of figured its a whoever is avaliable at the time kind of thing when delivery day comes. Maybe I'll switch over to an actual dr as the time gets closer, maybe not. I just like this provider so far.

Where I live we go through our family doc until about 28 weeks when our care is transferred to an OB. It's okay though you don't get to know the OB as long as you'd like to. My family doc delivered me, but they don't do that anymore. I want a diff OB this time, mine last time was nice but he made me feel like he'd forgotten my chart I the last weeks and really should have induced me early.

Thats odd..see I feel like sticking to the same dr, they get to know your pregnancy and can better care for you.

I don't mind it. In the beginning it's about taking care of mommy, my doc knows me best. Then during the time frame of baby getting larger and able to survive outside the womb, it becomes about that baby, hence the obstetrician. They just specialize in babies so it makes sence I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->