Anybody else due in October?

So random thought. When you see a little baby girl with a pony tail on the very top of her head, its adorable, however if you tried the same to yourself it would look pretty dumb lol.

18 weeks already! I feel like time started to fly ever since I hit 13 weeks. Gender scan in 4 days!!! What has everyone bought for baby? I've got 8 cloth diapers, with a few more on the way, a pair of overalls and a dress (because my mom insisted that she buy it though I'm 90% positive it's a boy) and a hat and a head band, and hair clips. I know another girl who is having a girl, so I can give all the girl stuff to her. I got a bunch of little things from my sister too, since her boys don't need them. I'm so excited!

I have so much stuff already but that's because I have a 4 1/2 year old so we saved a lot of our stuff from him. I still haven't really bought anything girly yet...I'm going to have another ultrasound either at the end of May or beginning of June to check on the placenta previa. So hopefully they will be able to tell me with a little more certainty that this one is a girl - then I'll probably be broke buying everything girly!

Yeah we still have some of our sons stuff too. So far I have boughten a pack of newborn diapers, a package of new born onesies, a pack of beanies, socks, a jacket, 2 pairs of pants, a couple bottles, 2 packs of gumdrop pacifiers, a tub, that baby chair, car seat, crib sheets.. a blanket that I am going to have her name embroidered on, a halloween costume and 2 sleep and play outfits I'm sure I missed somethin lol I got quite a bit this week.

I've been looking for some head wraps with bows on them but cant seem to find any I like except some that come in a huge package of like 20 all in different colors lol. Not too fond of the crocheted ones

SJDsmommy- there is lots online! Even Halloween/fall colors/styles :)

MrsB- Hey welcome :)

Welcome Mrs. B :D WE went shopping to today and got some more wipes,bottles,baby head to toe wash,lotion, and a dishwasher nipple and binky holder...getting so excited seeing baby stuff in my house :D

I haven't bought a thing. Want to know what we are having first :)

we have two onesies...both boy and girl can wear them so nothing gender specific yet.

3 more days until my ultrasound. I fainted today at this mother care group my sister brought me to. How embarrassing. They made a big deal and called an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital only to wait 4 hours to see a doctor and another hour after that before we were given the okay to leave. Everything was absolutely fine! I've fainted plenty of times in the past so I knew that this was nothing new, but holy was I scared going in that ambulance alone, luckily my husband was already there when I arrived. Anyways, that's my excitement for the day. OH, and my mom found my wedding ring that I somehow managed to lose on Thursday, behind my bed! even though I looked there, she came to the hospital and brought me home so my husband could go back to work, and while she was here she found my ring. Woot! How is everyone else doing?

im doing good...tired at this very moment prolly go to bed with next 30min.

me too! bed sounds great right now, goodnight all!

So far I have lots of clothes, most handed to me from my sister, some bought myself (some even before I was pregnant, like 2 years ago :haha: )
Been given Moses basket, bottles and steriliser.
Bought nappies, wetwipes, baby bath, moses basket stand, changing mat, support pillow, bottle teets.

Ive been lucky as my sister had a baby last October :thumbup: My niece will be nearly one when ours arrives

:haha: I like to be organised.

Attachments

• From Stacie.jpg
    From Stacie.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Ive bought.jpg
    Ive bought.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
Its nice to have family to help out. People gave us alot with my son and now people want to give us their girly stuff too :)

I'm going to be getting all of my son's stuff out soon to go through it! I'm so excited to start really going through stuff :happydance:! I really can't believe that I'll be 20 weeks this weekend.

So, on a side note, I made raspberry cupcakes last night. I'm practicing different recipes for a wedding that I'll be making cupcakes for in August. I haven't eaten any of them yet but my husband has had like 6! The girl I'm making them for LOVED them too. Not too bad for never making a raspberry cake before.

Attachments

• Cupcake.jpg
    Cupcake.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
Thats awesome :) I just had a cupcake a little while ago lol it was just a regular vanilla or whatever lol.

So my news for the morning..I just bought a stethoscope on amazon. And its actually supposed to arrive today some how o_O we do have an amazon center in phoenix (I live just outside of phoenix) so maybe they have some there already or maybe the place that sells them is located here.. Anyway its got really good reviews, not sure how it will work out for hearing the baby's heart beat but thats what I got it for. I can feel her move but its not very often and unlike my son she doesn't usually budge if I poke at her or shake her up lol. I figured this was cheaper than a doppler plus my hubby is in school to be a nurse anyway so he will need one eventually! From what I understand you can hear a fetus with a stethoscope at about 20 weeks, not sure how my anterior placenta will affect that but hopefully it works well. I am only 17 and a half weeks right now but once it gets here I will go lay down in a quiet place and try it out. I'll let you guys know how it goes :) Of course I won't be able to tell the heart rate without trying to count it out myself but I think I would know if it sounded too low. Can't wait to try it out. I really hope it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->