Anybody else due in October?

I have a medical grade stethoscope, tried it with my last pregnancy but didn't have much luck. Good luck with your though. I'll give mine a shot again but not just yet. I was able to hear the placental flow. My son likes to play with it now, it'll be great for dress-up later.

Wow mrs b you got lots of neutrals. Are they all tiny sizes or do you have sizes for the whole first year?

Tmmommy- nice work! Love the chocolate heart design on top! Did you make that too? Around here everyone is obsessed with red velvet cupcakes. They are good but I don't get why they are so special. I'm sure I'd be shocked pulling out my sons newborn stuff. You forget what you have so quickly.

AFM- bad nights sleep yet again thanks to mr snore of a husband. Had a nice visit today with my mom, today would have been her mom's 80th bday if cancer hadn't taken her too soon. Just made a nice batch of super healthy carrot-zucchini-oat-whole wheat muffins for my darling little finicky eater. The cinnamon hides all and he loves them :)

Its all new born and 0-3 i think! haha. We are hoping to find out so will accesorise with some colour, but the majority was given to me so can't complain :)

Yes, I made every part of them from scratch with fresh raspberries and everything! Took me a total of about 2 1/2 hours including decorating. I made 36 of them. Lemon cake is the next project! They want raspberry cupcakes and lemon cupcakes for their wedding but oddly enough no lemon-raspberry cupcakes.

I know I have a ton of stuff from my son. We have tons of totes full of everysize from 3-6 months to 5T, some of the stuff still has tags on it because he had too many clothes. He was too tall for the newborn and 0-3 so we have absolutely nothing in those sizes. I know I have a lot of neutral stuff that I'll be able to reuse though!

Take all the freebies you can get. You can always pass on or donate what you don't need! My best freebies by far are the toy load and books I was given by mostly my sister. We had an attic full and just pull out a new one every so often. Toys are friggin expensive, I think we have only bought 4 ourselves.

I know I have a ton of stuff from my son. We have tons of totes full of everysize from 3-6 months to 5T, some of the stuff still has tags on it because he had too many clothes. He was too tall for the newborn and 0-3 so we have absolutely nothing in those sizes. I know I have a lot of neutral stuff that I'll be able to reuse though!

That is our worry, height... I am 5'9 to 5'10 and hubby is 6'3ish and both of out heights is made up of leg :haha:

That is our worry, height... I am 5'9 to 5'10 and hubby is 6'3ish and both of out heights is made up of leg :haha:

Well, I'm now 5' 9" (was 5'10" until I hurt my back and shrunk) and I'm the shortest person in my family. My husband is about 6'4" and is one of the shortest in his family. My son was born 27" long - yikes! I really didn't expect that! He was only about an inch or two shorter than the warmer and the nurses had to go over to pediatrics to get him some size 2 diapers because they just weren't long enough!

It was hilarious trying to squeeze him into the 0-3 month onesie I brought for his pictures at the hospital. We couldn't snap it closed without stretching it and skewing the picture on the front (which was a tractor and said "Chicks dig my tractor").

Holy crap that is one tall baby! My son was 19 3/4 inches and a week late. He is currently 32 inches and in the 75th percentile now, I am short, 5'3 and his dad is 6'3.

Yeah, they said they were almost 100% sure that he was the tallest baby delivered at our hospital! He's been "over the 97 percentile" on height, weight, and head circumference since the day he was born (because our doctor said that technically that is the highest classification they can give but if they could say over 100% then they would). The sad part is, he was only 2 days late and I was induced so think of how much bigger he could've gotten!

On a side note, when I was born I was 12 lb 14.5 oz and my mom said I was the easiest delivery she had! She should know since she had 6 kids with the smallest being just under 6 lbs.

Jeez! haha yeah my son's head is in the 90th percentile lol he's like his dad, tall skinny and big headed. He even looks like his dad! I hope our little girl looks more like me.. I get sick of hearing "he looks just like his daddy" all the time lol

Jeez! haha yeah my son's head is in the 90th percentile lol he's like his dad, tall skinny and big headed. He even looks like his dad! I hope our little girl looks more like me.. I get sick of hearing "he looks just like his daddy" all the time lol

My husband's family says that all the time to us! Even he's like "No, he looks EXACTLY like Kaitlyn's dad and grandpa!" It's so funny! At my son's 1st birthday party, my husband's family all kept ooohing and ahhing over two pictures on my wall saying Tommy just looks so adorable and whoever did the pictures did a good job at making them look like 'old time' photos. It broke their heart when I said, "oh, that one is my dad and the one next to it is my grandpa" they still insist that he looks identical to his dad and nothing like my family even though they mistook my dad and grandpa for my son!:haha:

My son was 21 1/2 inches at birth and 31 1/2 now. Seems like he's right on track with 5'6" me and DH at 6'.
He's a healthy stature too. Not overweight, no rolls, he's just thick/sturdy. His daddy has a very wide shoulder span and thickness, guess he'll be a linebacker too :)

Everyone tells us that my son would be great in football. It gets so old though because he has diastasis recti that won't close. Our doctor has told us that he will not clear him for full-contact sports unless it either closes or we have the surgery to close it. The potential harm could be that he could herniate his intestines. It sticks up like a little cucumber under his skin on his belly and it's extremely ticklish.

Oh well though, maybe he won't even want to play football. My husband's family is ALL runners and my family is all dancers/softball for girls and runners/baseball for boys.

Haha I want my son to play ice hockey but my hubby wants to get him into dirt bikes and eventually motorcycles :dohh: guess we will have to wait and see what he chooses.

My DH is obsessed with soccer, or football to you uk folks. He'd love nothing better for his son. Same here it's great exercise.

I'm 5'11 and my husband is 6'2, but if this little baby is a boy, I will welcome the height! Neither of us are into sports though, so unless the baby is, they are out of the question!

Is it really too much to ask for just one full night of uninterrupted sleep? My son still wakes up in the middle of the night..and manages to be wide awake at 5:30.. So between that and my inability to go back tob sleep after being up for a certain length of time.. I'm screwed lol I dont remember the last time I slept good all night long. Please let this new baby be a good sleeper lol

Hmm, is he napping too long or often during the day? If my son slept too long he would wake up in the night. Now sometimes he wakes at like an hour early but he'll go back to sleep in five minutes if it's quiet.
I know what you mean about not sleeping. I was up from 2-4 last night, no real reason, just uncomfortable and mind was wandering.

Okay wow, breastfeeding hurts now. Just this past week I've been super sensitive and now it's downright painful when he first latches on. Hope he gives up the few feedings a day soon.

No he usually takes a nap around noon for about an hour and a half to 2 hours then he's in bed around 8 or 8:30 most nights. I think one of the main problems is he doesnt like to eat when he gets tired and so he doesn't really have much in his stomach other than breast milk cause I still nurse him to sleep. We've tried making him eat but it only ticks him off =/ he doesn't seem hungry when he wakes up though oddly enough.. but the nights he does eat he usually sleeps better and for a while we were taking him to the park in the evening to let him get energy out but havent done that lately..it helped a little too. I think the best night he ever slept was on his first birthday. He didn't get much of a nap other than the 10 minute car rides because we went from the zoo to lunch to party city to pick up some baloons to the park to set up for his party lol didn't get home till about 8..he slept for 13 hours straight that night. He actually fell asleep at the party while eating his cake :) lmao

and I know what you mean about it hurting to breast feed, Its gotten better for me but for a while it did hurt a bit, kind of like starting all over again! I think my milk is either lowering in supply (which I heard it does in pregnancy) or changing to colostrum because my son has had a few feeding moments where he switches sides like every 3 seconds..once he settles on a side it doesn't seem to bother him though.

I'm wondering about the colostrum change too. My son for a while now drinks for a moment stops, goes back, than on it goes. I think it's just his age and distraction, he can't even focus to eat now. I don't think it's changed yet but I know we are in that time frame 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 months area. I think I may have to wean him soon cause I really don't want to end up with him not adjusting well. How many times a day are you still feeding? We do some days when he wakes, before his AM and PM naps, then before bed. So 3-4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->