Anybody else due in October?

20 weeks today! I have reached the half way mark! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Yay, Hubby and I felt baby on the outside for the first time today :)

Aww thats awesome. I'm not feeling much still and it will probably be abfew weeks yet until we feel it from the outside because of the anterior placenta.

Mines anterior too, Its the first time I have felt in from the outside too, also not feeling much on a day to day basis, i think it was a case of right place right time! He had to have his hald low on my belly as I don't feel the kicks anywhere else :)

I feel mine mostly by my belly button I hope I feel more movement soon :)

Looks like one of my tickers isnt working o_O I'll have to see if I can fix it. So whats everyone up to today? Hubby has the day off from summer school since its memorial day so we're going over to his friends house later for a bbq apparently. He's got work tonight though.

I think I have got almost everything of my son's sorted out thats too small for him, I'm going to give it to my brother and his girlfriend since they are having a boy.

Oh and it looks like we WILL be having a baby shower, on September 1st :) I told my mom I would get the decorations and invites and stuff since shes going to take care of the food and host it.

As for my brother's girlfriend I guess some of her co workers are planning on throwing one for her (don't know if that will actually happen or not at this point). I will probably go through and see if theres anything else I can put on my registry.. I'm going to put on my invites to bring a registry item or gift card for a chance to win a prize (which will probably be a box of see's candy) hopefully this will persuade people to actually buy off the registry this time lol.

Oh and one of my friends is also pregnant and due in november (well actually 2 people I know are) but the one I am talking about was told at her 12 week scan that they are probably having another girl, despite the fact that everyone is telling her thats way too early and to wait until her 20 week scan until she starts telling people, she seems to be taking it quite seriously (with a small hope they are wrong) so she doesn't think anyone will be throwing her a baby shower but she might throw herself a diaper party so she can atleast get some diapers. So I told her I would make her a diaper cake :) Waiting until they announce the gender for real though I think she's only 14 or 15 weeks along now though. I'm pretty excited to make it I have already gotten a few of the smaller items that need to go on it, just need to get the stuff to construct it lol and diapers and ribbons and a couple gender specific toys and one of those little blankets with a head on it lol if they do end up having a boy I have one that my son never used but if its a girl I'll need a new one..(for the top of the cake) probably give that to her around the same time as my baby shower but I'll definitely post a pic once its done so look for that in a couple months lol.

Yes hoping to find out if we are having a savannah or christopher

Lovely, hope baby isn't shy for you, look forward to the update

me too...i don't think i have ever been this anxious to go to the doctors haha

Aww well congrats anyway :) Boys are great!

So yesterday my throat was really sore so I decided to stop at walgreens on the way to our friends house so I could get some hard candy to suck on. The cashier asked me when I was due and when I told her she replied, man you're really sticking out there!

Seriously, HOW RUDE! Who says that to a pregnant woman? I mean I guess if its your hubby or a good friend and you know they are messing with you that is one thing, but to say that to a complete stranger? UGH! and I was just thinking to myself earlier that I was actually kind of small for 20 weeks, I was pretty small with my son too and pretty much everyone stated how small I was, of course alot of that has to do with the fact I am small framed anyway, I mean I was big for me but compared to others, pretty small.

I told this to our friends girlfriend who was also there for the bbq and she said that lady is nuts cause I am tiny.

Honestly I dont think that woman realizes how close october actually is..its only about 4 months away! (4 and a half till my due date). That and the fact my baby was only 8 ounces at 19 weeks (normal for 20 is about 12 ounces apparently) and she is measuring a week small..

My husband said when she asked me I should have acted offended and told her I wasnt pregnant lol :dohh:

Some people are so rude...

I was at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and my son had picked out a few little pink outifts. He was so proud and told the cashier that he picked those out for his baby sister that he's going to be getting after his birthday. She looked straight at me and said, "So, does he call you grandma or mamaw?" I said, "He calls me MOMMY!" She said, "Oh, well you don't look pregnant." (So, I'm just assuming because I'm overweight that I just look fatter! Even though I can still wear almost all of my pre-pregnancy clothes still!)

I get alot of rude stares too cause I still look 16 :/ infact when I was pregnant with my son this older woman told me if I kept my legs shut I wouldnt be another 16 year old pregnant disgrace to society. I about punched her in the face. I flashed her my wedding ring and told her she was just another ass who's too quick to judge and assume. So far nothing like that had happened this time around lol. I cant beleive how ignorant some people are.

Yeah, the sad part was that I just turned 29! So it's not like I'm an older mom or anything...she was just showing her ignorant side. Last time I was pregnant I kept having people ask me when I was due as I looked like I could pop any minute! I would tell them well I'm only 6 months and they would reply with Oh you're having twins then. Some people should have a censor on their mouths!

Hey, I've got some really cute duct tape I could use! I make hairbows and little wallets and such out of them!

So I am planning a day trip to a place up north that I would LOVE to move to in a couple years. My hubby is completely against moving out of the valley here, he used to be for it and infact we even had plans to move out of state but he thought it would be better to stay near family while we were just starting out so when he got out of the marines we moved back to our home town..then he got a job as a truck driver and pretty much hates it everywhere but here now, he hates the roads everywhere else it seems and doesnt want a thing to do with the snow. Now anytime I bring up moving he asks me why I want to leave all our friends and family and go somewhere else where we know no one. I'm just not happy here, I dont want my kids growing up here, its too hot for my liking and the place I want to go to is only 2 hours north, and right now its about 20 degrees cooler! its close enough we could make a trip down once a month or so but he still says its too far :dohh: I'm hoping maybe if I can just get him up there to see the area and spend a day there that maybe he will change his mind! I think its a great compromise and obviously I am willing to wait until he's done with school (which should be by the end of 2014! See I live in the phoenix area in az, it easily gets up to 110+ in the summer and its hot here from late march/early april to about the beginning of november. I want my kids to experience a real colorful fall and maybe a white christmas one day. I dont want to worry about burning them with the seat belt in the car or them sweating cause the ac doesnt reach back there. And I am so sick of the desert! I want some forrest for a change! lol

So anyway I am thinking maybe a trip to the zoo up there and then maybe grill some steaks at a park somewhere.

random me babbling on again :)

Yep! Here is a link to the Duck Tape website that shows how they are made. These are basic bows. I've made very complicated ones as well it just depends on who it's for when I make them. They are very easy and super cheap. I make them for my 5 year old niece and I've been making them for her since she was 2...no matter how many she loses, they are still cheaper than store bought ones. That and she LOVES Hello Kitty so I like to make her a lot of the Hello Kitty ones.

https://www.duckbrand.com/Duck Tape Club/ducktivities/fashion-accessories/duck-tape-bows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->