Anybody else due in October?

Hi ladies! Hope it's not too late to join this thread, I just spotted it.

I'm due October 15 and have my gender scan on Monday, so very excited to find out what we're having. We have a 3.5 year old son, so either boy or girl is fine with me. :flower:

Congrats to everyone that recently found out the sex! I see lots of pinks throughout here so far. :haha:

I have my scan on monday too :) Welcome

I have a scan monday too but I already know the gender of course. So my hubby just went to pick up our new car! So glad it didnt take too long. Also i'm finally starting to feel more movement again :) I wonder if my placenta has moved at all, something to ask the ultrasound tech about I guess lol.

This weekend is much better than last, hopefully we can celebrate a belated mothers day tomorrow. And sometime this week I will be getting myself a much needed haircut!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Anyone know of a place where i can get a decent priced crib??? The one i was suppose to get from a friend...fell through because i can never get a hold of her...lol

Try a local kids thrift store such as kid to kid or once upon a child or maybe even good will I think its 50% off today. Not a big fan of good will but could be worth a look. Burlington has lay away too as does kmart. Good luck :).

Good luck to all who have Dr appointments tomorrow. Wonder if we'll see some blue

:flower: Good luck at all of your scans! :flower: It makes me wish I had one today too! I find out Wednesday when my next scan is (to check for placental placement).

I'm so proud of my latest shopping trip. I totally got 5 large cans of the powdered formula that doesn't expire until 2014 for less than $22 total. (Please don't judge by the use of formula - we are going to breastfeed exclusively for the first 6 weeks then start to combi-feed just before I return to work.)

Hopfefully the time until my appointment goes by fast. Hubby wont be there today cause his summer course started today so my grandpa is coming to pick me up and watch my son for me. Hope all our scans go well :)

Good luck with everyones scans today although i'm probably late in wishing you all luck. :)

Mine is this wednesday! :flow: xx

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's ultrasounds. Curious, how much weight has everyone gained so far? I've gained 9lbs. Is that relatively normal for 20 weeks?

I've gained about 5-6lbs.. but haven't gained anything more since 13weeks + 6days :flow: i'm just under 20 weeks xx

Well, we're having a GIRL!!! Add another one to the Team :pink: :pink::pink:

Yay!! Everything seemed to look good, but my appt with the midwife is Wed, so I'll know more details then.

Hope to hear about everyone else's scans later today!!!

Mine had legs shut lol, but have to go back in 2 weeks to get heart checked so will try again then. Pics are in my journal but they are very poor quality

YAY congrats!

My scan went well too, baby is measuring about a week small but the dr didnt seem surprised, she asked how much my son weighed at birth and when I told her she said this baby seems to be following in his foot steps. They estimated her to be about 8 ounces and confirmed "she's definitely a girl" lol my kids are always definites apparently! No mention of low fluid so thats great and dr said everything looked perfect and as far as my uterus growth I am "text book" lol so glad my appointment went well, get to go back in 4 more weeks, no ultrasound that time though :( waiting on a call back from that college I called a while back when I volunteered to let the ultrasound techs use me as practice, I called again yesterday since I havent heard back and they left a message for someone to get back to me.

As for weight gain, according to my dr's scale I gained about 5 and a half lbs since my conformation appointment (I weighed myself the other day and thought it was 8 but the drs scale says differently) I lost 2 lbs from my 8 week to my 12 week appointment but gained 4 lbs back at my 16 week and one lb since then so I am currently 129 lbs. A good weight gain for 20ish weeks is anywhere from 5 to 10 but obviously that will vary for every woman.

The tech did some 3d for me as well but it wasnt too clear, I got a couple decent pics though. Baby was also kicking me in the bladder! lol No wonder I had to pee even worse than usual (that and the fact I had to down 32 ounces of water and hold it!)

Here's some pics though! https://i46.tinypic.com/73j9ec.jpg

So i was just laying on the couch on my back,laying on pillows...and leaned up a tad and then laid back down...and i felt something inside my belly like fall backwards...wasnt painful just like whoa.... Was that baby moving???

Ugh. Guess we wont be going out for dinner tomorrow after all, my husband doesnt want to. He "doesnt see why eating somewhere else is such a big deal to me." I swear my husband has got to be the least romantic person in the world. Why cant he just go out for a nice dinner with his family for once.

Sjd's- sorry you didn't get to go out to dinner. Try having a talk with him that it's about time out of the house where you get a break from cooking, Anne get to enjoy time spent as a family. Even if he doesn't get it, he must see its important to you...thus worth making you happy?

I'm struggling with a man being relatively selfish himself. He gets to do whatever he likes, fishing all day, video games, being lazy all weekend, with hardly ever getting grief from me, yet still he's grumpy all the time with me. It's not fair. I've put myself last and him first (behind my son of course) and still I get nothing good back for it. I'm talking to him tonight about this as I am becoming lonely and depressed and warn out. He needs to step up and be a man already, help without being asked to, and get some initiative on getting things done here. He's taken me for granted for too long! With baby number two on the way, something has to change, and now before she arrives! I am not superwoman!

My husband can be a real pooper a lot of times, too. For the most part I can't complain, though. He supports me and he has a lot of stress, and even though he can be the grumpiest and meanest person ever, he's also the cutest and funnest person ever. His ups are more than his downs and I love him even with his flaws. Wouldn't trade him for anyone...except maybe Ryan Gosling...

On a side note, I've gained 9lbs but it's all in my boobs and my belly, even though my belly is so small still!! I'll attach a picture from Monday. I had to lift my boobs because they're so big, haha!! I'm 5'11 and I've always been very skinny (still am, despite having a baby bump) so I think I'm safe for gaining 9lbs...though I can't tell you how! I don't eat anything more than I did pre-pregnancy!

Attachments

• 20 weeks (1) (483x800).jpg
    20 weeks (1) (483x800).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79