Anybody else due in October?

Is he in a toddler bed where he can get out? My guy is still in his crib.

Is he in a toddler bed where he can get out? My guy is still in his crib.

Yeah we ditched the crib a while ago. But he was right next to his bed. It didnt look like he fell from the way he was laying, infact I have found him next to his bathroom door before lol (hes got his own bathroom like a master bedroom does)

lol he hardly slept in his crib though we coslept for about the first 6 months then tried him in his crib, I wanted to wait until he started sleeping better but at the time he still wasnt sleeping through the night but he slept great the first couple days in the crib then started back to waking up multiple times at night so he ended up going to sleep in the crib then back in our bed when he woke up if I was too tired to stay up and try to put him back in his crib (he woke up almost everytime you put him down!, still does.) Anyway at 10 months my grandpa gave us this futon he had that he never used so we decided to use that as a bed for him and that way I could just sleep there with him and atleast he would get used to sleeping in his own bed but after a couple months I hated the thing. It had to be the most uncomfortable futon in the world! the part that became the back of the couch was VERY hard and the seat part was firm but noticably softer plus the bar in the middle was so uncomfortable it wasnt even funny.. I got a matress pad to put over it and it helped a little but not much.. my hubbys grandma offered to buy him a toddler bed and thought I never really wanted it (I figured just get a full bed and no need to buy another later on) atleast its alot softer, only thing is I cant lay down in there with him so I just have a big bunch of blankets laying next to his bed that I lay on if I need to be in there with him.. I still find it easier to just bring him back to bed with me though lol

Ah, my boy slept in a bassinet in our room for the first 5 months then in his room in it for a week of two, by before 6 month in his crib and loving it. No issues, he has his fisher price aquarium and sleeps like a champ. His crib is the one that changes from crib to toddler bed to full size so he's good. Want to get the same for the new babe but am going to wait till we move as we'll use a bassinet in the first place.

Yeah our crib does too but we have to order extra parts to do that, but I dont really like the picture of the full size bed..too tall for a head rail lol I'll probably just buy normal beds especially since we'll be using the crib for the new baby too.

In other news, it looks like I am making 2 diaper cakes lol, one for each of my november due friends. One of them is having a gender reveal party next sunday (not this sunday but the one after lol) she already has a boy (8) and a girl (3) so doesnt care what this one is but they are hoping more for a boy. Anyway she's not going to have a baby shower and she gave us tons of stuff when we had our son so I figured the least I could do is make her a diaper cake. Its coming along quite nicely! I have the tiers made up and a ribbon tied around the top and bottom one, (going to put a receiving blanket around the middle tier then tie a ribbon on it too) just waiting on a few things to get here then I can put all the little baby stuff on it. I'll take a picture once its done :) Can't wait for her to see it! hopefully she likes it lol I told her I was going to make it for her already.

Now that thats knocked about an hour off my morning its time for me to take a shower and go pay my rent! lol hope everyone has a great day!

Sooo can someone please explain to me how this is rude? A friend of ours just gave us this huge box of size 1 pampers along with a package that was part of another box. Well I had ordered a box of huggies to make the diaper cake out of but I figured since there was a package of pampers already that wasnt in the box I would just use that instead of opening a brand new box of diapers. I prefer huggies anyway, so I can just keep those for us. My husband thinks that kind of rude to use the diapers we were given to make a gift for someone else.. I dont see why.. or how it makes a difference if I use those or the ones I ordered, there all going to get used anyway and I dont see the point of opening a new box when there was part of a package already that wasnt in a box. (the package wasnt open it was just part of a big bulk box)

I mean I could understand if there wasnt a package already out of its box and I hadnt already ordered the huggies and just used these to make the diaper cake but thats not the case.

hope I'm not confusing anyone lol but I just dont see the problem here.. o_O

Not weird at all. Baby's bum is still getting diapered. It's not like diapers are a prrsonal things. When someone selects clothes or blankets, it's something that was chosen for you, diapers are diapers.

Cloth diapering here! So, I don't really need to worry about diapers at all...at least I hope!

I couldnt do it. I hate laundry and wouldnt want to clean poop out of a diaper lol im too lazy

Cloth huh Jac? So did you buy them already? There are so many different ones tochoose from and I hear they fit different shapes of babies better from brand to brand. Are you using a service to wash them or doing your own. I can't do that either, not with two in diapers, I'd go mad!
Okay random comment I know, but I just had a flash to a show about cheap people I watched, that this lady used cut strips of towel for toilet paper and had a basket in the bathroom for dirty and clean ones. She laundered them all herself, some were stained so badly but she'd say, 'there still good'. What would you do if you were at someone's house, asked to use the bathroom and they explained their system to you. Lol

Eek.. Thats not right! Id hold it and if I ever went back to that place id make aure to have some toilet paper or something in my bag lol

Haha, I know right. It was a pretty funny show. This guy would mortifying his wife when they went out to eat cause if ppl werent finishing their plates he'd go ask them if they were finished and if he could have it.

Jac- I should specify, that comment meant nothing to cloth diapering. I know cloth diapers are not cheap! It's for the environment and for bums to better breathe. I just felt I should specify that :)

Well we may be moving when our lease is up, my sister in law asked if we would be interested in renting a house with them. They want a place with a backyard for their dogs. While im not to fond of roomates especially as a married couple with kids we need a bigger place, 800 sq ft is not enough room for a family of 4 espcially for the kids. But our lease is up in october so I wont be much help lo I'll be due to pop any minute. but even though we saved money by moving here after doing the math we would probably save an extra 300 ish by moving into a place with them.. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.. and it wont be forever we plan on buying in 2 years or so when hubby finishes school.

moving in with family seems all peachy...but it drives you insane...because everyone does things different and their different habits... trust me i just came from living witht he in laws for 8 months...AHHH lol so glad to be alone with hubby and animals with lo kicking at me haha

I don't think it will be too bad, neither of them seem to home much anyway plus she used to be my best friend for years which is actually how I met my hubby lol we practically lived with each other back then anyway, didn't fight much at all. We just eventually started hanging out with different people and then she moved to california temporarily with her dad after graduating high school, for like a year. Her fiance is pretty quiet too. I don't really want room mates at all but financially, and space wise I think its probably a good idea. Its just gonna suck having to up and move again (will be the 4th time in 3 years!) and all the deposits and what not are sucky but $300 a month savings is pretty nice..

Ok, it's been a few since I've been on...lots of work, ugh. But, my mom totally surprised me today and in the middle of our work day she said, "oh we have to run to town real quick could you drive?" so I did... She took me to get a manicure and pedicure! I was so happy!

Also, I used disposable diapers to start with my son then switched to cloth diapers. I really loved the cloth ones...didn't even seem to add much laundry to "the pile" as my husband calls it. I actually saved a lot by doing cloth. With this one I'll be doing cloth but if we are traveling or something I'll use disposable just like with my son! I'd also like to add that I'm not judgmental to anyone else's choices - everyone has their right to their own way of raising children. So, I don't want to offend anyone by any means by saying it wasn't that bad laundry wise.

Sjdsmommy, living with family isn't so bad! Enjoy the savings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->