Anybody else due in October?

I feel loads every day. I can even feel her readjusting in there. I guess my ultrasound tech was right when she said based on where the placenta is you'll prob feel more movement.

I feel everything, and I have been able to see her move since almost 2 weeks ago! Any names picked out yet? I'm waiting until she is born, but names I've liked so far are Amelia, Amelie, Avah, Avalee, and Avaline...Don't ask what it is with A names. I'm not sure what she'll be called, but those are just what I like.

Yeah when the placenta is in front it absorbs most of the movement so you dont feel it as much. We are naming our daughter Emery Bay

Jac- Amelia is on my list :) nothing picked just a list of possibilities. Once DH gets at it it might have one or two left if I'm lucky. We are do different on name choices.

Same with me and my hubby, I've probably mentioned this before but with our son his first name was easy to agree on but his middle name was a hassle. I had a list of atleast 20 names that I liked and hubby hated them all, every single one. He kept throwing out names that I didnt or were already in the family. We finally agreed on a name but then we also agreed if the next was a boy he'd chose the name and if its a girl I choose. Luckily I liked his name choice this time around but we're having a girl so it didnt matter anyway :)

Is anyone else having strong feelings about a certain date? I mean even though with my son i had to be induced a week late, and my due date isnt until the 14th this time, anytime I think about delivery the date October 12th pops into my mind... I dont know why but it will be interesting to see if anything comes of that

I never really felt my son move and I don't really think I've felt this one move either. I can see my stomach move a little and my sister has felt movement from the outside but I can't feel anything when she says she feels it.

I don't know why but on the dates I think it's going to be way early for me...like the end of August. But that could be because of having placenta previa I think I'm just preparing myself for a worst case scenario...at least until I find out if it's moved or not I'm going to be ready to go early.

Well hopefully its moved and your little one doesnt come too early!

Going through some baby names, I quite liked the name Alyssa, but don't like it being shortened to Ali... So then I was thinking what about Elyssa(eh-liss-ah) instead, then it can be Elle or Ellie for short??

There are lots of other names on my list but starting to think about them now :)

Going through some baby names, I quite liked the name Alyssa, but don't like it being shortened to Ali... So then I was thinking what about Elyssa(eh-liss-ah) instead, then it can be Elle or Ellie for short??

There are lots of other names on my list but starting to think about them now :)

I know an Alyssa, no one calls her ally they call her lyssa or liz. The girls name we had picked for our son was Alessa (pronounced uh-less-uh) very similar but its the italian form of Alexa :)

I think both are very pretty

Today my son is officially 17 months old, that means today we begin weaning :( I have been doing the dont offer dont refuse method but he asked for it often. We are going down to strictly nap and bed time only now and plan to be done completely next month. I cant believe how hard this is for me.. I know how attatched he is and to do this has got to be heart breaking for him, and thats what is heart breaking to me. I dont feel like either of us are ready to give this up but I knew this day was coming :(

Funny you mentioned that, as my son has pretty much just weaned himself in the last few days. I'm sad :( but at least it wasn't a big battle. He's just too busy to sit still and nurse anymore, a sippy cup of milk he can take with him on the run. I hope it doesn't affect our closeness, but so far mommy is still the best :)
Good luck to you with it, hope your method works and you don't have to start saying no.

I wish it was that easy for me. I had to say no a couple times but he got over it quickly. We went to a bbq for a couple hours today so that helped distract him too. He hasnt cared for cows milk lately, not even flavored so that doesnt help much and I cant just give him juice all day. He drinks water but wants it in a regular cup, not a sippy cup ugh lol but not too bad so far. Only thing I had a problem with is he got tired, nursed then had an energy boost a couple times so he nursed more than I planned to but oh well. I honestly think hes one of those kids thay would still be nursing at 5 if I let him! Hes a boob addict.

You could try that 12-24 month formula. Supposedly kids really like it. My guy hated the cows milk the first three times then started loving it. He's also a water junkie, no juice required :) I'll count myself lucky

Yeah I got some of the toddler formula from enfamil as a sample in the mail around the time he turned one, I gave it to him and he hated it =/ I tried pediasure and kid essentials and he hated that too. He won't even take breast milk in a sippy cup most of the time so not sure if pumping for a while will even help. He loves water though but he just wants it in a regular cup, he's constantly stealing mine. I don't know what difference a sippy cup makes in his mind lol. He's just stubborn like the rest of the family lol. This isnt going to be an easy adventure but we'll get there.

No matter how hard it is though I am proud of myself for going this long and not giving a crap when it comes to the opinion of uneducated people (mostly my grandmother) who thought I was supposed to switch to formula when he turned 6 months old or he HAD to be weaned the day he turned 12 months or other stupid stuff like that. Even my husband kept pushing me to wean once he got close to 12 months because he was so attached to it. If I wasnt pregnant I'd probably go for 2 years but I've always said 2 and a half would be my absolute max, I wouldnt feel comfortable nursing a 3 year old.

I cant wait till everyone puts pics up of their sweet little new borns :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->