Anybody else due in October?

Definitely don't think you're a whiny baby for that lol. Maybe you could consider cutting your hours? or working from home with uhaul (setting people up with trucks taking reservations) I believe they start out at $10 last I heard.

I called up my dr to ask if im supposed to eat first and they said not to eat if I can help it but if not to eat something with protein and stay away from carbs im gonna be so hungry afterward. Hopefully your son will cooperate for you.

I have mine tomorrow, I have to eat plenty of Carbs in the 3 days prior to the test, but also nothing on the day. Strange how different areas do it differently

So i work at a grocery store as a cashier...on my feet my whole shift surrounded by people all day constantly...Today the heat index was 115 and i was sweating it was so gross...and standing on my feet turning to bad groceries all by myself is starting to take its toll...i wish i could just quit and relax at home in the air conditioning for the rest of my pregnancy but i cant since we both have to work to pay bills..

i wonder if i can ask if there is something else in the store i can do that is less strenuous on my body and i could maybe sit a little more when needed...or do you think i am being a whiny baby and should suckit up for little longer lol... :cry: :cry:

p.s came home crying to my husband today i was so exhausted and frustrated

You can ask! Surely its their responsibility to try and cater for you??

Gah. Cant sleep :( little man woke up so I had to get him settled back to sleep. Now hes all cuddled up to me all sweet like but I'm just awake.. Lol but I asked my hubby last night and we may finally be taking that road trip on wednesday so long as he doesnt get called into work :) gonna go to the zoo and have lunch at the park near by and enjoy the cooler weather up there!

I find it odd they said no carbs.. they didn't say anything about the days before. I didn't even bother to ask what they wanted when I did the test with my last pregnancy (it was a different dr though) so I ate but it was probably atleast an hour before I went in for the test so atleast 2 hours before they took my blood. I'll be double checking when they call to remind me of my appointment the day before, but atleast my appointment is in the morning! its at 9:50 so they will probably have me do the drink, see the dr then take my blood. I'll just be sure to pack a snack with me to eat after or grab something on the way home lol

So my hubby is now applying to be a cop :dohh: I'm happy for him and all but this is completely changing up the plans. Being a cop was actually his first career choice after he got out of the military but no one was hiring at the time and he couldnt seem to get ahold of the person incharge of the civilian cops on base. His best friend just applied about a month or so ago in another city and is actually due to start the academy in a couple weeks. He's the one that encouraged my hubby to apply. So he decided why not, if he doesn't get in, things stay the same, but if he does get in then he's gonna go for it and have nursing as his back up plan. He says if we can bring in $56,742 a year (the starting salary for cops here) starting in less than a year rather than waiting 2 more years to be bringing in around $40,000 than why not. I definitely agree, more money and less time to wait for it plus its something he actually WANTS to do but at the same time I just want him to get a solid plan and stick with it, but like he said if it happens great, if not - oh well things stay the same.

He's definitely qualified, he has military expirience where he was an ammo tech working on/with the rifle and pistol ranges as well as security guard experience which is one of his current jobs right now. The only bad thing he's got on his application is all the jobs he's had in the last couple years, he's been job hopping and has had like 5 jobs (including his current) in the last 3 years =/ but they did ask what his reason for leaving was for each one and most of them were due to lack of hours/work or that they weren't paying him enough money. So he never left any on bad terms which is the bright side of that.. Part of me really hopes he gets this.. the extra money sooner would be great plus he would get benefits for the whole family. The other half of me is sitting here thinking ok you've been working at this nursing thing for 18 months and getting so close to finishing it just to put that on hold and do something else? but I guess so long as he's happy doing what he wants to do and its not harming us, (and actually a big benefit) then thats what counts..

Anyway he has to turn in his application by the end of the day tomorrow (they are closed today or else he would turn it in today) then if they accept his application they invite him to come take a written test (and a physical + fitness test too), if he passes that with a good score he will be invited to start the police academy. He will find out by the 30th if he gets to take the test or not (I'm sure he will, he's got nothing bad but the job hopping against him and thats not completely his fault).

Kind of overwhelmed at the moment.. excited/hopeful/concerned all at once.. Nothing to do but wait and see what happens I guess..

Can i join with you guys?? Just found this thread lol im carlyn and im pg with my third baby :) a girl we are calling Grace and she is due the 3rd Oct. I have two kids from my marriage to my ex and have been with my partner a year, we are fast workers lol we both work for a funeral company and thats how we first met 5 years ago. My dd and ds were both born at 35 wks and labour started at 30 wks with ds so might not be too long but keeping fine so we will see. Its nice to talk to other ladies due the same month :)

Hiya :) thats my hubbys birthday! But sounds like you'll probably be having a september or late august baby lol good luck :) and welcome!

:) my daughters bday is 17th Aug and she is convinced her sister will be there for it lol where abouts are you? im in Scotland xx how are you keeping? im fine apart from the normal lol sleepless nights, peeing constantly, fat feet, active baby lol xx

I'm officially in third trimester now. Woo. I feel like it went by really quickly. I think I'll miss 2nd tri though.

I am in the US. This is my 2nd, its a girl :) I also have a son who will be 18 months tomorrow. This little one is due october 14th but will most likely be induced a couple days early, after high blood preessure issues and almost having an emergency c section with my son (who was a week late) I dont feel comfortable going past my due date this time around, even though things are fine so far. (theres more details to that of course). I feel fine for the most part just tired and a little sore here and there but otherwise pretty easy pregnancy. I have an anterior placenta, its different for sure.

My baby shower will be on september first :) my mom is hosting it but I am going to help get stuff for it and help plan it out, I like things done a certain way lol. So I have to make up my invite list andsend out invites in a couple weeks and make sure my registry is updated. Can't wait!

US here. This is our first little one and it's a boy :D I'm 21 will be 22 end of August, OH is 28, have been married 2 years and have been trying for almost whole two years...finally got our BFP in Feb. with our sticky bean :D My first baby shower with my family and friends from work is on August 12th, and the second one with OH's family September 9th. The first one is earlier because I want a seperate birthday from getting baby stuff...so yeah thats it for now :D

Canada for me! first baby, and it's a girl!

Canada as well. I have a 17 month old boy and am expecting a little girl oct 7th.
I'm going to be 33 this month on the 18th, boo! Feel like I'm old....lol

I'm in th UK, I'm 26 in September, first baby, little girl due on 4th Oct.

4D scan today I love her <3

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/BABYBOND_1_21.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/BABYBOND_1_12.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/BABYBOND_2_18.jpg

Cute! My next ultrasound is in 3 weeks, my dr will be doing 3d/4d then I can't wait!

I am actually starting to put things together for the baby, getting her clothes sorted by size and putting things together for her so I can get them packed up in the hospital bag (still going to wait until after the baby shower to do it but I'm getting stuff together anyway). Took my son to the dr today for a check up and the dr actually suggested we get him a present from the new baby when she gets here so trying to think of what to get him..

And it looks like we won't be taking that road trip after all =( I was sooooo looking forward to it too! we were going to go tomorrow but my hubbys new job finally offered him steady work starting tomorrow so we just went out for lunch instead. I really just wanted the family time anyway. Plus kids eat free at applebees on tuesday :)

Oh and my hubby turned in that application for the police station yesterday (you'll have to go back a page or 2 if you didn't read about that earlier lol). They were expecting around 1000 people to apply (don't know how many actually did and of course many will be weeded out just by the applications anyway) but I do believe things happen for a reason and this was so sudden that I really cant help but think something will come out of this. If not, nothing changes so oh well but if he does get in then thats great! We will know if he gets to proceed by the end of the month, and if so the fitness test will be on the 11th of next month.

Well I am off to update my registry and make up my invite list for the baby shower.. or atleast start on that stuff, I assume my son will wake up from his nap before I get done lol

Hi ladies! I am sooo tired today. My son woke up at 4 am and since he is now 18 months old we have completely cut out breast feeding =( Very sad about that but I knew the day would come. Anyway that meant he didn't go back to sleep until about 9 am >.< and all day today he has had me taking him pee about every 5 minutes or so, he didn't go every time but he just wanted me to take him. I knew I couldnt say no because he has to know I will take him and I want to encourage that he wants to go but after a while it does get tiring lol He's down for another nap now, just fell asleep about 15 minutes ago (he rarely takes 2 naps anymore but I can understand since he woke up at 4 am, definitely not complaining either) but before his nap he made me take him pee then kept wanting to go back, I'd tell him he just went and he would get sooo mad until I took him back. He only went probably twice during that little episode (out of the 8 times or so I took him) Gotta love potty training.. lol He's pretty much done with pee training so thats a huge plus. Just gotta keep it going now and hopefully we don't have any major set backs! I'm glad he's showing interest, but I hope this wanting to go pee every 5 minutes thing stops soon lol.

I've been having braxton hicks all day, I think they're so annoying! anyways, My birthday is this month too Hopeful42nd! on the 30th.

Curious to know if anyone on here plans on having a home birth? I'm still trying to decide. My midwives just keep telling me it's my choice.

I've had a few myself, and they are totally annoying! I briefly considered home birth with my son, before my blood pressure started to get high, simply because the hospital was 45 minutes away and none of them would allow a water birth. I also looked into a birthing center but they didn't accept my insurance. I'm glad I went with the hospital though with the way things ended up (even though it all turned out just fine but was quite a scare) and will most definitely be going back, especially since I will probably be getting another induction so long as the dr thinks my body is ready at the time. The hospital was great they did their best to make me and my hubby and our son comfortable. Now I can't even imagine a home birth. I think I would actually be more comfortable in the hospital to be honest. Plus they do all the documenting things for you pretty much (social security card application, birth certificate application, setting up the first pediatrician appointment for you if you need help with that) I think its less stressful in the hospital to be honest but everyone has their own preferences :)

My next appointment is on monday, I have my glucose test that day then next time I get my last (routine) ultrasound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->