Anybody else due in October?

I live in Canada so I think we have different health systems. My midwives are great and very helpful so if I choose a hospital birth, it will still be them in there with me, no doctors or nurses unless complications arise which I'm hoping they won't. If I choose home, I don't have to really worry about much at all. I live a 5 minute drive from the hospital anyways. I love the idea of a water birth and I'm going to be cloth diapering and breast feeding if everything works out according to my plans. I have to find myself a good stroller and a good moby wrap or something similar. I have no more ultrasounds as far as I know, but that's fine with me! only 3ish more months until I meet her!

Ladies, sorry I haven't been talking. Had a very bad day yesterday to top off my already stressful week. Was supposed to go in for a massage and before heading out for that called my moms to check on the progress of getting packed and ready for her move. My sister answered in tears telling me my mom just had a seizure and was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. I called in tears canceling my massage and hubby at work. Drove to drop off my son with DH's mom at her work and rushed to the hospital emerg. We waited for 3 1/2 hours while they tried to figure things out and they finally let us go in and see her. She's okay but they still don't really know the cause. She had a CT and it was clear and has to go to a neurologist next week and have brain patter mapping done. She is on strict orders not to drive and we need to watch her closely.
Anyways, she spent the night at my sisters place last night after she was discharged, and today they are going back to the apartment to go through her clothes to see what needs to go and what she's keeping. My sister said 'she's sitting in a chair and I'm doing the work'. I feel terrible that I can't go help, but my 17 month old and my getting close to 7 month pregnant body is getting tired quick and not allowing me to do much.
Hope you ladies are all well. I really hope things slow down soon...I'm wiped physically and emotionally.

Yeah you can have the same midwive either way here too.

I need to go to walmart sometime today or tomorrow, need to start getting stuff for my baby shower :)

Ladies, sorry I haven't been talking. Had a very bad day yesterday to top off my already stressful week. Was supposed to go in for a massage and before heading out for that called my moms to check on the progress of getting packed and ready for her move. My sister answered in tears telling me my mom just had a seizure and was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. I called in tears canceling my massage and hubby at work. Drove to drop off my son with DH's mom at her work and rushed to the hospital emerg. We waited for 3 1/2 hours while they tried to figure things out and they finally let us go in and see her. She's okay but they still don't really know the cause. She had a CT and it was clear and has to go to a neurologist next week and have brain patter mapping done. She is on strict orders not to drive and we need to watch her closely.
Anyways, she spent the night at my sisters place last night after she was discharged, and today they are going back to the apartment to go through her clothes to see what needs to go and what she's keeping. My sister said 'she's sitting in a chair and I'm doing the work'. I feel terrible that I can't go help, but my 17 month old and my getting close to 7 month pregnant body is getting tired quick and not allowing me to do much.
Hope you ladies are all well. I really hope things slow down soon...I'm wiped physically and emotionally.

Oh my.. Thats rough :( so sorry you have to go through that. I hope everything turns out ok!

Hello ladies! Moving on to 3rd tri tomorrow. I cant believe how fast this has come! Finally have my dr appointment on monday. (only time I look farward to dr appointments is pregnancy lol) I hope everyone has a good weekend :)

We took my son to the pet store yesterday, didnt buy anything it was just to look around. He loved it. He loves fish so thats mainly why we went lol. Not sure what we will be doing today.

Busy getting my mom in good shape for the movers tomorrow morning. She has been clearedby the neurologists and they never yanked her licence for 6 months which is normally done, she is lucky. So tomorrowis the big day! Then she is settled for the most part and I can focus on my packing for Aug 31st. We removed the conditions on the contract so the place is ours as of that date.

Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind me popping onto your thread! I am 26 weeks and 2 days along with only 96 days to go YAY! I am in the U.S. and dh and I am pregnant with a baby girl :cloud9: This will be our third daughter, with a 7 and 3 year old respectively. I am due October 19th, but as my first was 3 weeks early and my second was 2 weeks late :shrug: I really have no clue when this baby will come :haha:

Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind me popping onto your thread! I am 26 weeks and 2 days along with only 96 days to go YAY! I am in the U.S. and dh and I am pregnant with a baby girl :cloud9: This will be our third daughter, with a 7 and 3 year old respectively. I am due October 19th, but as my first was 3 weeks early and my second was 2 weeks late :shrug: I really have no clue when this baby will come :haha:

Hiya :)

Dr appointment today! have my glucose test today (only the 1 hour) not allowed to eat anything with sugar or carbs, has to be straight protein. I hate eggs and don't have any meat that isn't frozen, and I dont have anything else thats carbless and filling. I am already hungry! Thank god my appointment is in the morning. (have to leave in about an hour, might leave a few minutes early so I can get started with the drink early lol) will definitely be stopping somewhere on the way home though! even if its the value menu lol its a 20 minute drive and I'm gonna want to eat asap lol but hubby won't let us eat in the car so I can't bring a snack to eat on the way home either.

I think the baby may have moved out of the transverse position (not 100% sure though) going to ask the dr if she can tell me. Hard to tell with an anterior placenta just by feeling. I THINK my last ultrasound will be my next appointment (my usual dr said I should be getting one at/around 30 weeks.) So other than my test, probably nothing special today.

Off to down some more water, my tummy is all rumbly and I dont know what else to give it =/

Hope everyone is doing well! We got back from our vacation last night. I can't remember if I posted any of the pics of my little girls before I left so here are a few. The first one, she has her tongue sticking out and the second one, she was mad! I've got more but haven't had a chance to get them on my computer yet.

I'm going this afternoon after work to get the stuff to make more cloth diaper covers for her and I'm so freaking excited! We have a lot of green and white ones and a few blue from my son but my sister thinks I need to make a bunch of pink ones now. Also, we found out that my brother and his wife are having a baby too! She's due in January though. They are going to be doing the cloth diaper thing too so I really want them to have a girl so I can share with them! Cloth diaper covers are expensive but they are like a 1/3 of the price if you make them yourself so I'm hoping we can cut the cost even more by sharing since we can still make a lot of neutral ones and my baby should (in theory) be growing out of sizes as their baby grows into them.

Oh, on a side note, we got the cutest freaking boots on vacation for the new baby! I've attached a picture of them as well.

OMG - I'm going to stop now...I type way too much sometimes!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 3
  • boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
Cute! sounds like you had a good time :)

Im a little upset/confused. I gained 9 lbs since my last appointment 4 weeks ago :/ I havent changed anything though so I dont know why. But my total weight gain is only 22 lbs, as long as I keep it under 40 im happy. The baby is still transverse but suspected to be laying the opposite way, hopefully she flips down soon :/ my next appointment+ultrasound is on the 30th. Finally get to see my normal dr then.

update:

So I went to reserve the ramada for my baby shower at the park (last time every single one was taken due to some huge company picnic, and my mom wouldnt leave until an hour before so all the benches were taken too, we had to sit on the ground for the most part!) The website said $17 to rent one, which isn't bad so I called down there and the lady on the phone told me it was going to be $68! Evidently they charge by the hour (it definitely does not say that on the website, very misleading!) a little ticked off. I told them to forget it then. We will probably just show up early enough to make sure we can get one of the ramadas, screw reserving. Its a different park than last time but the same park we had my sons bday party at, had no problems then but it was a tuesday. We'll see. I'll probably just go check it out a week or 2 before and see what time others are showing up for their parties and what not and then show up about an hour earlier for our own, my mom can show up whenever, I'll take myself down there if I have to lol. Or she can rent it if she cares.

Ahhh I'm about to sound really selfish right here...

So my husband got me a art canvas and said i should draw/paint something personal to the baby on it for his bedroom...so i've been trying to rack my brain of something really adorable/personal from mommy to put on it, so far coming up completely blank...

Anyways on to why I'm being selfish...My husbands niece Draws pictures as well and she wants to draw things for his room but I kind of feel like i dont want to put them in there because i want the art drawn to be from mommy...i dont want it smothered with other drawings...does that sound bad...?

Ahhh I'm about to sound really selfish right here...

So my husband got me a art canvas and said i should draw/paint something personal to the baby on it for his bedroom...so i've been trying to rack my brain of something really adorable/personal from mommy to put on it, so far coming up completely blank...

Anyways on to why I'm being selfish...My husbands niece Draws pictures as well and she wants to draw things for his room but I kind of feel like i dont want to put them in there because i want the art drawn to be from mommy...i dont want it smothered with other drawings...does that sound bad...?

Not at all but maybe you can get a little photo album or something for her drawings, that way she doesn't feel left out and can still draw him pictures, and the photo album can be in his room or something but the pictures arent on display.

Good idea about making an album of them. It's not selfish to create baby's room the way you want. I'm sure she would do the same once she has kids.

Today is my birthday, I'm 33 believe it or not. Wow has age ever snuck up on me. Good thing I'm getting the babies out of the way now. Going for dinner tonight at the Kev as a family. Hope my son behaves this year. He was pretty young any cried lots last year.

Happy Birthday! You're the 5th person I've heard/seen that has a birthday today!!!

Congrats! and happy birthday! Have a good time at dinner :)

My son's always been good going out to places like that, hopefully this kid is the same lol hope your son behaves well for you :)

So I totally forgot to update last night. Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment and even though my placenta is still technically in the way a liitle bit they are going to let me try to deliver vaginally. I'm so excited because I really don't want a c-section unless it's absolutely necessary. Also, little girl has some big feet! Her feet were measuring longer than her tibia! I'm glad we bought size 4 in her boots! My son couldn't even come close to fitting in his size 2 shoes from the day he was born so we got 4's this time.

Also, I was having terrible leg cramps for a long time and my leg still hurts from one of them about 6 weeks ago so my doctor looked at it...I apparently tore my muscle and now have a hematoma behind the piece that tore. I wasn't aware that you could have such a bad cramp that it could tear a muscle!

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->