Anybody else due in October?

I made rice krispie treats this morning to cheer myself up. I'm pretty down since last night, as my hubby let the dog out the side door without checking and she came face to face with a skunk! She got sprayed in the face and front legs. Then he goes and let's her right back in the damn house saying 'I think she's fine, she didn't get sprayed'. Yeah, do you have a nose? Our entire house reaked like it and when you got near her she smelled like burnt rubber. I had to show him on the Internet that's what it's like and that it's worse if you don't deal with it immediately as it sets in. He was gonna just go to bed! What, and leave it for me to deal with today, I think not, considering it was his fault. I'm so careful about it as Ive had friends deal with it and vowed I wouldnt. He makes fun of me for turning on all lights and checking like crazy. Yeah, who's crazy now?
Anyways after last nights bathing she was better, so again today I did it twice more and only her left leg has a hint of the smell now. I think the house is better too but who knows, I may just be desensitized by now.

He better cause I am not doing this again. He can stay off work and figure out what to do with her. I was so wiped I just crashed on the couch for a half hour instead of making dinner. Oops, baby will wake soon. Hope he's in a waiting mood.

Just posted this in 3rd tri but figured I would post here too. Not sure if the offer applies in canada or not but Target has new baby welcome kits for free! they have 2 huggies diapers, a small package of wipes, 2 breast milk storage bags 2 breast pads and some coupons :)

Funny you were all talking about baking! I was going to bake yesterday and never got around to if because I woke up with a bit of a cold...so today even though I didn't feel the greatest I decided to bake. I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (some with peanut butter) and I made some cream cheese brownies and a vegetable lasagna for dinner. First time I made a lasagna without meat and it was my best lasagna yet! Also, know how you all feel about the husband cooking. If mine cooks its perogies or macaroni...MAYBE spaghetti...While he was in school and I wasn't with him he lived on rice and sausage...YUCK...I would never put a sausage in my body. Anyhow, I've been quite lazy on dinners lately so I thought I should actually make something decent tonight.

I don't think we are being lazy, I think we just lack the energy as we have two draining and feeding off us! I know how you feel though,I'm mega frustrated I can't do more

I didn't do anything but a load of my sons laundry this morning :D yay for lazy days lol

Oh, I wish I could be lazy every now and then! I work a full time job, a part time job, do everything for my son, cook all meals, I'm the only one that cleans, and my son's birthday party is this Sunday so I've been busting my butt trying to get everything ready for that too! Then, in 2 weeks, I have to make cupcakes and cake pops for a wedding that I'm going to be officiating also...then the tractor show the next weekend...then hubby's birthday...what was I thinking trying to get pregnant! Oh, wait, I know, last time we got pregnant it took 9 months to conceive...this time, dtd 1 time and I'm knocked up - like wam bam, thank you mam! Even my doctor was impressed!

Sounds like you have your hands full. :wacko:
So I got up early and we made whole wheat zucchini pancakes for breakfast. Only way to get veg in my boy is hide it in baking off spaghetti sauce or macaroni cheese sauce

Wow you are busy!

have you tried veggie straws? there kind of like chips only straw shaped and they are made with potatoes tomatoes and something else..don't remember what the green was lol zuchinni or spinach I think.

https://sensibleportions.elsstore.com/elss-sensibleportions/images/product shot.jpg

Mmm, sounds like a plan. I'll try it out. Thanks. He's terrible! He knows half the time when I add purée in his meals and won't eat it. He stopped eating mashed potato, what kid doesn't like that? I tried making characters out of his food, he thinks it's neat but will try to bite something then spit it right out. It just doesn't work!

Just got back from the hospital, dr sent me in for fetal monitoring due to reduced movement. I haven't really felt her much for the past 2 days =/ Baby is perfectly fine though, they suspect shes moved into position and that my placenta is blocking the movements. Nurse couldnt tell me as thats the drs job but I guess I will find out on monday.

Was only there for about an hour so it wasn't too bad and most of the movements I can feel are up top so makes sense she may FINALLY be in position. Just kind of freaked me out a bit having not felt her for a while. When I called my drs office I figured they would just have me come in to listen for a heart beat but no they told me to go to the hospital. Nurse said because of my placenta to not even bother with the kick counting just to make sure I'm not feeling any less than what I am now.

Ok so if anyone read what was previously here ignore that bit lol (just me stating my anxiousness for hubby to get home so I can know how he did with his tests)

Apparently out of over 700 applicants only 350 were invited to test. He passed his written test and did good on the running part but I guess not too hot on the rest of the fitness portion, he passed but at bare minimum supposedly but he still passed. He said they did the run first which caused him to be worn out before doing the rest of it.

Apparently there is only 10 open spots though possibly more if they find the right person. Sooo he's not got the best chance, a little better than 1/35 I guess since not everyone passed the tests but he's got an interview on monday too. (which means I have to reschedule my dr appointment again for a later time, hopefully same day though) I guess all thats left now is to sit back and wait and hope to god for a miracle lol

Hopefully he gets in! That would be nice. When do you find out?

Today our town had it's annual Potato Festival. It rained a lot and then was really sunny and hot and then rained some more, I know a festival about Potatoes doesn't sound that exhilarating, but it's pretty fun. Lots of food and vendors, a carnival, and a parade (the parade is TERRIBLE... Fire trucks, shriners, fancy cars, and lame floats).

Lol well it sounds like itd be fun for the kids atleast :D

Not sure when we find out for sure, still has some stuff to do, interview monday morning, polygraph test (not sure when), he has to wait for his back ground check to clear but hopefully we will know soon!

Well I hope things work out for your DH, but at least there's always the nursing fallback. As for the run before the fitness I was told there is a reason for that. It's to really test the insurance of the person further. Good luck.

Jac- a potato festival huh? Sounds fun, as cheesy as it is. We have our annual fair coming up. It's called the western fair. It's more about rides, food is a ripoff, they have horse auctions and shows, lots of animals you can go see, a kiddie section, and lots of special events in the grandstand like concerts, BMx stunts, dog shows, demolition Derbys, etc. also they have lots of vendors selling all sorts of things. When I was a kid my mom always let me miss a day of school and get the ride all day pass. I loved it. Now we just go walk and see everything, animals, pig races, shows.

Thanks. I'm glad he has the nursing thing to fall back on, we're just really hoping for this because its more money than nursing would be, he can start a lot sooner and if he gets in we're going to try buying a house. So theres all that to gain but then again nothing to lose really. Just have to wait and see what the future holds!

My uncle is going to take me to my dr appointment on monday so I didn't have to reschedule, I'm sure my hubby will do well with the interview portion he usually never has problems with those, interviewers always seem to really like him lol. My grandpa thinks he has a better shot than alot of those other people because of his military back ground. Maybe but theres still ALOT of people wanting a position of course and while a couple may still be weeded out its all a matter of competition.

In other news I broke down and packed my babys bag today. I was thinking about it yesterday when I went to the hospital that what if this baby comes early and I'm not prepared =/ looks like no signs of that and I'm really not expecting her to come early at all since my son was late but who knows. Being sent in for fetal monitoring is a little scary =/ but what really brought me to do it was my son's gift came in today (the one his sister will be giving him at the hospital) which is like twice the size it looked online by the way lol anyway I went to go put it away and happened to look over at the clothes and stuff set away to be packed up for the baby and I just couldn't take it anymore. I stuck her bows, socks and pacifiers in the bag (even thought the hospital gives you a pacifier too) then I washed up all her clothes and beanies that we are bringing and just got them put away a few moments ago. So now the only thing missing is a blanket. I have a couple but none that I want to bring with us to the hospital, they are all either bigger blankets or small receiving blankets, so maybe I will get a nice normal one at the baby shower lol.

So hows everyone else's weekend going? :)

Hopef42nd - I just moved back to my home town from London in April. I LOVE the western fair, though my husband and I went last year and I must say I am over riding rides..I just felt sick. It makes me sad because I'm only 22! I LOVE the soft serve ice cream though, I wonder if my husband and I will drive up to London for the fair this year. Not much we can do there with the whole pregnant thing going on, but the ice cream might be worth the 3 hour drive...

I haven't even started packing anything! My husband and I are moving September 1st and we haven't even started packing our belongings! I've got a stupid cold right now so I have a bit of an excuse, but I need to get on it! I haven't even started baby prepping!

My weekend was alright, tiring, but fun...My baby shower is next weekend though, and I am super excited!

Hopef42nd - I just moved back to my home town from London in April. I LOVE the western fair, though my husband and I went last year and I must say I am over riding rides..I just felt sick. It makes me sad because I'm only 22! I LOVE the soft serve ice cream though, I wonder if my husband and I will drive up to London for the fair this year. Not much we can do there with the whole pregnant thing going on, but the ice cream might be worth the 3 hour drive...

I haven't even started packing anything! My husband and I are moving September 1st and we haven't even started packing our belongings! I've got a stupid cold right now so I have a bit of an excuse, but I need to get on it! I haven't even started baby prepping!

My weekend was alright, tiring, but fun...My baby shower is next weekend though, and I am super excited!

I didn't know you lived here Jac, how cool is that. We have a lot in common right now :) ice cream is always worth it! Don't know if I'm over rides yet, but alcant do them temporarily with being pregnant. I like also the Bavarian beer nuts, or the funnel cakes/elephant ears, nummy :) I was quite the ride junkie, visited cedar point regularly each year, sometimes Canada's wonderland.

As for moving and packing, I just want it over with. I hate that we can't get prepped for the baby. Got the bassinet and just saw a stroller online today! Hope to get a quick response back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->