Anybody else due in October?

Okay, so my vegetable soup was absolutely delicious! Not too bad for just throwing stuff together!

Pizza night, I'm too tired today to bother. I've got tons left over!

Pizza sounds really good lol too bad we are a little tight on money at the moment.

Soup sounds pretty good too.. chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Yummy might have to do that soon! I just made my son some mac n cheese and my hubby some sausage balls. I just had a bowl of cereal.. I didn't know what to make and my hubby wouldnt tell me what he wanted lol and if I waited too long my son wouldnt be up for eating (he refuses to eat when tired) so had to do something.. we all had something different tonight but atleast we all got fed lol. Think I'll be making some chocolate chip pancakes in the morning :)

Yeah, pizza is good and all but we had my son's birthday party on Sunday afternoon and because I had 2 of the larger families we were expecting not show up, we had 5 extra pizzas...so we've been eating pizza for lunch and dinner since then. I was actually happy to cook something last night! It was our first meal that wasn't breakfast or pizza since Sunday!

Haha, that's funny. I just got one from Metro (the grocery store), they do a $6.99 x-large either pepperoni or cheese pizza on wednesday night. Anyone can afford that! I just adds few more of my own toppings.
Tonight I think I'll make something better. I feel like something hot with gravy. Perhaps a roast is in order? With mashed potato/cauliflower, roasted veggies and gravy. Mmm. Yorkshire pudding from scratch would be so good too. May be a tad too ambitious here. I should save that for tomorrow when hubby returns from working out of town. He's all homesick and told me he misses my cooking.

I think I'm going to make a creamy vegetable soup for tonight...or maybe a creamy potato soup. We've just got so many darn veggies to use that it's not even funny! I don't have time to can it all because my brother in law is getting married on the 25th so I've been trying to get ready for that too.

I'm officiating their wedding as well as making cupcakes, an oreo shaped cake, and cake pops. But, I can't seem to get answers out of his fiance as to what exactly she wants! I've now had to request off work for the 24th so I can get stuff done because I can't even go buy stuff yet if I don't know what she wants.

Wow, didn't mean to rant there but good lord, I've been so busy lately! :)

Oh, and I have a doctor's appointment today! I'm taking my son with me so he can hear his little sister's heartbeat...he wanted to go and he's never been with me to an appointment. Come to think of it, no one has been with me on any appointments yet.

I think I'm going to make a creamy vegetable soup for tonight...or maybe a creamy potato soup. We've just got so many darn veggies to use that it's not even funny! I don't have time to can it all because my brother in law is getting married on the 25th so I've been trying to get ready for that too.

I'm officiating their wedding as well as making cupcakes, an oreo shaped cake, and cake pops. But, I can't seem to get answers out of his fiance as to what exactly she wants! I've now had to request off work for the 24th so I can get stuff done because I can't even go buy stuff yet if I don't know what she wants.

Wow, didn't mean to rant there but good lord, I've been so busy lately! :)

Oh, and I have a doctor's appointment today! I'm taking my son with me so he can hear his little sister's heartbeat...he wanted to go and he's never been with me to an appointment. Come to think of it, no one has been with me on any appointments yet.

Hope your appointment goes well :) My son goes to all my appointments, its my hubby thats been missing out lately due to work and what not, now he has to go to school too so I'll be stealing the car from him on my appointment dates and taking little man by myself unless he wants to wake up at the crack of dawn to get the first avaliable appointment lol.

Thats alot of baking to do! definitely have your hands full!

I'm not really doing much today.. thinking about getting a credit card. I've never had one so I don't have any credit yet. My hubby has decent credit but not really a long history (only about 3 years now). He wouldn't put me on the lease for the new car because he thought it would hurt our interest rate (went from 7 to 4% after he got a new car). I think its a little messed up we are married we should both have our name on it. What bugs me more though is that anytime I refer to the car as ours he corrects me and says its HIS. He did it again last night and I told him we're married nothing is just his except what he does in the bathroom. He just made a rude comment saying "I don't see your name on any of these checks I bring home". I hate that too, when he refers to our money as his. Again we're married plus who is it taking care of our son and cleaning up and who makes sure the bills are paid and what not? NOT HIM! What a dick. Its always HIS never ours -_-

Ugh but now I am ranting lol.

Anyway I was thinking of getting one of those secure credit cards but not sure if I can get one at all since I don't have an actual job since I am a stay at home mom..but I'm going to call our credit union and see what they have to say, maybe if he co signs on the application or something (if he can do that) i might be able to.. or if nothing else.. a shared secure loan in my name lol.

Gotta start building credit some how..

On another note, going shopping with my mom again tomorrow to get a few more things for the baby shower. We've got most of it but still have a few things left to get as far as prizes and food go.. can't believe its coming up so soon now! and we still have no idea how many people to expect -_- planning for 60 so we will see..most people still haven't said either way on my facebook event (dispite me posting twice now to let me know as soon as possible) no idea if anyone has RSVPed to my mom yet. Thats the annoying thing about parties you never know how many people to expect lol

Isn't there prepaid credit cards now where you put money down and it works like debit but builds credit for you?
If you don't have a job or anything in your name you wont be able to grt a credit card alone, you can prob get one with a co signer but the interest rate might be huge, so if you buy something pay it off immediately. It is a good idea to start building a credit rating now if you want to buy a house. That's what I did and it started small, paid on time all the time and I built a great credit score, better than DH, lol. He is jealous.

Yeah I don't think the prepaid ones build credit, infact I think those are just debit cards. I talked to my hubby about the secured credit card (which seems like you put your own money on it and thats your allotted maximum but still builds credit for you) but he doesn't think its worth it. He refuses to get a credit card himself because all the ones he is offered have too high of an interest rate they all want more than 5% and he doesn't want to deal with that even though if we pay it off right away which we would unless we had to use it in an emergency then I don't see what the difference would be as interest wouldn't really matter =/

I asked him what he suggested I do then since he doesn't think my idea is worth it (but wouldnt say why) and he didn't answer so I guess he doesn't have a better idea but I know building credit is important as you can't get anything without credit it seems =/ He started getting credit with his first car loan lucky for him our bank managed to find someone willing to give him a loan despite him not having any credit at that point. He has gotten a card but its just for Firestone (auto maintenance place) and he only used it once because we seriously needed new tires. Its not doing me any good though lol. I know I won't be able to get a card on my own without a job, apparently in 2010 they made some change saying you have to be 21 and have atleast one year of work experience (I don't know if that means including currently or what though but I assume it does). So he would have to sign on it with me, I assume he can do that atleast. Probably going to need to get ahold of someone at our credit union to see what they suggest.

Well, apparently sometime in the last week I have developed an allergy to strawberries! I ate one while cutting some for my son, my lips started tingling and itching, my tongue got irritated and bumpy, and my hand that I used to toss out the cut off tops was crazy itchy. Why now? So random!

Well, apparently sometime in the last week I have developed an allergy to strawberries! I ate one while cutting some for my son, my lips started tingling and itching, my tongue got irritated and bumpy, and my hand that I used to toss out the cut off tops was crazy itchy. Why now? So random!

It's possible that it's actually the seeds on the outside you are allergic to. My grandma, my husbands cousin, and a girl at my work all have the same problem and it was the seeds on the outside that was the culprit. Try removing them first and taste them again and see what happens. Wait just a few days because with allergies you usually want to make sure the old is out of your system completely. At least that's what the allergist always tells us with me and my son.

Maybe. It seems like the same thing I have with kiwi just a bit more severe. I have oral allergy syndrome. It's to do with birch pollen that I'm allergic to binding to certain fruits during pollen season. Funny though that I ate them three days ago with no issue? Perhaps this batch was grown close to birch trees. I just hope it goes away. Had to take benedryl to get my mouth normal again and it makes me sooo dopey!

Thats odd.. hmm. I'm allergic to coconuts, makes it hard to breath and gives me a cough.. but anything even scented as coconut makes me feel sick and gives me a head ache. My old pediatrician referred to it as a mental allergy where you are allergic to the real thing but anything that resembles it tricks your brain into thinking its the same thing. I've never heard of being allergic to the seeds of a fruit!

I wish mine mine was all in my head, but my condition is real. I had never heard of it before my allergist went over it with me. Then I googled it and there it is on Wikipedia. It's so weird how pollen can bind to them as they grow, sucks for me!

Ugh. Potty training set backs suck =/ My son was doing so good with peeing in the potty but for the past couple days I'll take him in there sit him down and he won't go, even if hes up there for a half hour! then only minutes after taking him down he goes pee in his pull up or underwear (whatever he is wearing at the time). This is getting very frustrating =( and now he keeps telling me he has to go pee pee but he only wants to go play in the sink or get his tooth brush out =/ So ready to get over this last hurdle. I know theres not much I can do about it, just have to keep encouraging him and keep as consistent as possible but dang this is a tough job. My mom says potty training girls is much easier than it is for boys. So atleast I have that to look forward to lol.

Yeah, I've never had a friend or family member who had luck getting a boy potty trained before 2-2 1/2, so brave of you for trying so early. I'm going with the flow, I know he's not fully ready do I won't push and stress us both out when there is so much change happening around now. Girls you can usually train early as they are eager to please, boys just want to play instead. As for when they are older teaching stand up peeing, I hear Cheerios in the toilet are great for target practice :) lol

I staryed early because he seemed interested so I figured why not. Hes been stubborn lately lol we will get back on track eventually. I have heard the cheerio thing too haha worth a shot!

I didn't have ANY problems potty training my son. But, we didn't use pull-ups. I've noticed at my daycare that when people use them during the day especially that they tend to have more accidents. We put real underwear on him and never went back. I think it had something to do with the fact he didn't like the feeling of the pee running down his leg. It didn't take very many accidents for him to realize he had to tell me. All of them were in the first couple weeks and we've had no accidents since. Also, we always made him take his own clothes off and put the new ones on...he really didn't like that part so I think that was part of his encouragement to tell us when he needed to go.

I didn't have ANY problems potty training my son. But, we didn't use pull-ups. I've noticed at my daycare that when people use them during the day especially that they tend to have more accidents. We put real underwear on him and never went back. I think it had something to do with the fact he didn't like the feeling of the pee running down his leg. It didn't take very many accidents for him to realize he had to tell me. All of them were in the first couple weeks and we've had no accidents since. Also, we always made him take his own clothes off and put the new ones on...he really didn't like that part so I think that was part of his encouragement to tell us when he needed to go.

How old was he when you started?

Yeah we tried the underwear thing but he doesn't seem to care when he's wet, it helps him notice when he is having an accident though. I'll probably pick up another package of real underwear for him and keep trying, and only use pull ups for nap//bed time and when we are going out for long periods of time. I do have a little fold up potty seat to take with us so he can use the potty when we are out without having to worry about him falling in. He loves his real underwear, he gets excited to put them on. Pull ups are just less messy (especially when its number 2) lol. I've also tried letting him go naked but it didn't help at all. I don't think making him take his clothes off would work for us though, my son does that anyway lol I'll look away for like 2 seconds and then look back to see a naked toddler handing me his underwear or pull up lol occasionally he throws it over his baby gate into the kitchen like hes trying to get it in the trash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->