Anybody else due in October?

SJDsMommy - good luck to your husband!

Jac. - I LOVE potatoes! That sounds like my kind of festival! We planted five 25-foot rows of potatoes this year and I don't know what we did but good lord, they went nuts like they were on steroids or something! Now that my son's birthday is over, I have to start digging out them out and making potato soup to freeze. (We eat a lot of potato soup in the winter.)

As far as packing for the hospital, I haven't packed squat! And I tend to procrastinate those kinds of things so I'll probably wait until last minute just like I did with my son. I can only hope I'm as lucky as I was with my son and have time to at least throw some stuff in a bag before I go to the hospital. If not, I have a sister that would gladly go do it for me I'm sure.

And - OMG - I've only got 7 weeks left until my due date!

I will let you all know!

I didn't have the best of times in London and I'm glad to be moved back to my home town...a lot of not nice things happened when we were there.
I know what you mean about moving and packing, I am NOT looking forward to it, espcially since I'll be nearly 8 months pregnant!

I will let you all know!

I didn't have the best of times in London and I'm glad to be moved back to my home town...a lot of not nice things happened when we were there.
I know what you mean about moving and packing, I am NOT looking forward to it, espcially since I'll be nearly 8 months pregnant!

Sorry to hear about that (bad things happening here). I've lived here all of my life and it's become progressively more like Toronto now, getting too fast paced and busy, and dangerous now. With the changes that have happened we have decided to move to St Thomas, not far at all but the price and the fact it's a bit quieter (and closer to the beach :winkwink: ) made us decide the drive isn't so bad. You have to stay away from certain areas in London now and even then you can't avoid all the thugs, and crazies.
I won't ask you what happened just hope that where you are is kinder and safer for your family now.

I'll be 2-3 weeks postpartum when we move. Hopefully I dont tear too bad lol.

Hubby has no idea how his interview went, he said it was awkward lol but i'm sure he did fine. Next step is just to wait and see if he is selected to proceed forward. They will be notifying him by phone or email saying yes or no but it could take several months aparently. He thinks it will most likely be by october since the fiscal year ends september 30th.

Okay, I need a vent moment.
DH is out of town working prob till Thursday. We have been searching for a crib and dressor/change table set that is 3 in 1 and is one of the solid wood expensive sets as we want it to last all the way through for our daughter. It's only fair as my son has the same, plus it jet feels sturdy even if you try to shake it like crazy or hang on the drawers like my son does. He texts me tonight his mom wants us to know that his aunts set is available, and that she'll bring it to her house.. She used it for her kid over 13 years ago (I'm a bit anal as safety standards change and I want to ensure my child has the best) and not to be ungrateful but I don't want it. Picking things and decorating my child's nursery is important to me, and this is the third time now she has tried to hijack that control from me.

I hate it. Now I feel like a bitch and sad, all because I want that special task there for me. I told DH it's upsetting me and he said he understands and will talk to her. So he goes and tells her we will have a look at it but there is no rush as we want to get settled in the house first. I got annoyed as he could have just told her 'it's too old'and have been done with it. Instead he has gotten her hopes up....ugh I hate this feeling.

Sjds- those interviews are awkward. Hope you hear sooner rather than later. The sooner he can get a stable job and creat a history of a couple years here, the better chance you have at mortgage approval. Good luck

Maybe next time she pulls something like that tell her you already have one lol what she doesn't know wont hurt her :)

I hope he hears back sooner rather than later too but he always has the nursing thing to fall back on, its just another 18 months plus this whole semester in front of that so basically 2 more years we would have to wait which isnt that bad but sooner would be nice.

I just picked up a gym/birthing ball at walmart and omg I love this thing already! it was only like $8 and some odd cents, way cheap :) my son loves it too lol. I hope theres no limit on how much you can rock on it because after a few minutes I already felt a difference in my pelvic area as if baby was settling herself down there. I wonder if birthing balls can help baby drop.. obviously I don't want to use it as a method for inducing labor at this point lol but aside from my butt hurting after a few moments, this thing is fantastic to rock on.

tmmommy - I know first birthdays are quite some time away but I seriously think you will love this :D

https://www.birthdayexpress.com/John-Deere-Pink-Party-Supplies/72095/PartyKitDetail.aspx

tmmommy - I know first birthdays are quite some time away but I seriously think you will love this :D

https://www.birthdayexpress.com/John-Deere-Pink-Party-Supplies/72095/PartyKitDetail.aspx

That is freaking adorable! We actually ordered a VERY similar set to that for my son's first birthday...from the same company! I'm definitely going to have to order that! I do everything in advance for parties anyways usually. Like my son's party that we just had, I had bought all his gifts at the after Christmas sales and the spring sales. I got 2 of the $90 Lego kits my son was wanting for $20 each so I like shopping early!

You ladies have a wonderful day! I think I'm having a decent one so far! My husband hurt his back this morning so I had to leave work to go get the medicine out of the cabinet. No, it's not that I keep it locked or anything, he just couldn't lift his arms high enough to open the cabinet in the kitchen. But, that's the bad part of my day...here's the somewhat good part - remember when I found the wallet and returned it and I had extra money from the bank when I cashed a check that I returned to them??? Well, my husband's grandmother has been somewhat ill. Well, she's had a blood clot in her eye and she's had excess fluid being on dialysis and all. Well, the clot moved and now she's blind in her right eye rendering her unable to drive anymore. Now, here's the good part of all this for us. They are giving us her car! She drives a Mercury Grand Marquis (kinda looks like a tan cop car around here). It's a fairly new one too. So, see good things can happen even in all the bad that's been going on too. Makes me feel better because once this one is in a booster seat, we wouldn't have anything but the van that we could use as a family. We have 2 trucks and a 1975 Plymouth Duster. But, the Duster doesn't have shoulder harnesses so my son rides in the front seat if we go for our joy rides. So, it'll be nice to have 2 very reliable vehicles for our family!

Wow, I'm so lengthy when I type! Have a good one!:flower:

we got the mod monkey set for my sons first birthday (from that company) I was just looking at it last night at the cute girly stuff and came across that lol

I think this is the one I want for my little girl, for whatever reason I have already given her the nick name of "Emery bee" lol

https://www.birthdayexpress.com/Swe...hday-Party-Supplies/67562/PartyKitDetail.aspx

I think this is the one I want for my little girl, for whatever reason I have already given her the nick name of "Emery bee" lol

https://www.birthdayexpress.com/Swe...hday-Party-Supplies/67562/PartyKitDetail.aspx

Oh, that's adorable! My brother does beekeeping as a hobby so our family does a lot of bee stuff too! Actually, his wife has already bought this baby 2 outfits with bees on them. There was one year that we had all my mom's grandkids go as bees for Halloween...it was adorable because we had from age 2 to 16 dressed as bees! I love that my nieces, even though they are older than their cousins, will get into the spirit of things with their little cousins.

Hopeful42nd - I think the way I worded it came across as worse than it was...I had a miscarriage there (which was very painful emotionally and physically) and then 2 weeks later went home for Christmas only to come back to a break in. It wasn't so much the stuff as my sense of security being taken that was the real kicker...although my husbands $2200 guitar was stolen along with xbox and games, computer monitor, laptop, and a bit of change and a memory card...with our PHOTOS on it!! for some reason, though, they didn't take the memory stick (thank God, because it had all my wedding photos). I think perhaps they didnt realize they had the memory card, but creepy to think they have pictures of me and my family and friends. I'm over it though, I live in a nice small town...well, nice for the most part. I know what you mean about the crazies and thugs though, at the time we were living on Dufferin ave. near Adelaide. It's a nice quiet street with a bunch of older houses but right around the corner was the meth clinic and the police station and a lot of sketchy people!

Jac- so sorry to hear about both incidents. Break ins are terrible to recover from emotionally. I don't blame you for leaving. As for where you were, well we have a term here (EOA- east of Adelaide) basically we don't want to live or go in those areas due to the unfavorable people and such. When you are at downtown streets though, EOA extends west as well. You were in the heart of it :(
It's unfortunate, I live in old south and grew up in cleardale area. I went to CCH located right downtown, plus I went to a choir and orchestra elementary school for four years, located at king and Lyle st. We had a few occaisions where our school yard was off limits for the day due to police looking for weapons and bullet casings. It was less than a block froma biker strip club, terrible location. I've been exposed to a lot much too young and I have watched it get worse. By no means is it as bad as windsor or Toronto but I want better for my kids. Things change when you have a family to worry about I guess.

Cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going by. How is everyone feeling? Aside from the usual back ache I am feeling alright today :) hope everyone is well!

Cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going by. How is everyone feeling? Aside from the usual back ache I am feeling alright today :) hope everyone is well!

Glad to hear your doing well :)

I'm in agony, my hips, groin and lower bump are making it very difficult and painful to walk :( xx

Aww not fun. Have you tried a yoga ball? I just got one the other day and I love the thing already!

Yes I have my ball. Sometimes it helps sometime not. I think as long as I can get through the next 2 weeks at work then I can rest up :)

Work is probably why your exhausted mrs b. it takes a lot out of you. So does mowing the lawn while DH is away. Man I'm pooped. Wish our property was smaller.

Ugh, I'm tired...but good otherwise. I'm making vegetable soup for dinner with a bunch of veggies out of our garden! I can't wait till my husband gets home so we can eat!

No idea whats for dinner here but I better figure it out soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->