Anybody else due in October?

He was just shy of 2 if I recall...it's been awhile but I know it was before his 2nd birthday. My son liked getting dressed and stuff too but something about when it was wet and sticking to him as he tried to take off his clothes he hated. We never used pull ups because I hated to pay for them though. We had rubber pants we'd put on him and we took extra clothes with us everywhere just in case. Yeah it was more stuff to tote around but I just kept a bag with extra stuff in my trunk just in case. Keeping extra in my trunk was mostly just a habit of mine though. He was lactose intolerant and I had a hard time getting my husbands family to understand that he couldnt have ANY dairy not even cooked into dishes. So, we had to change him a lot because the littlest bits of dairy would give him explosive diarrhea or make him projectile vomit.

Aww thats not fun for a kid to go through :(

We are off to a much better start this morning though! Dry when he woke up and gone pee twice so far no accidents, its still early but hopefully today goes well

Gah so I went down to walmart today and got my son another package of underwear..got the wrong size (4T rather than 2-3T) I could have sworn I got the right size but it was probably the other pack I was considering lol stupid pregnancy brain atleast they are a size bigger rather than too small so he can grow into them, though I don't think they make anything smaller anyway lol. I would try to exchange them but I didn't realize until I went to toss them in the washer so the pack is already open. Oh well like I said he'll make use of them one day lol. I'll just have to make sure to grab the right size next time.

I went to Walmart today too! Only we had to cut our trip short...their power went out. And so did most of the rest of the town. Target, Meijer, Menards, Tractor Supply...all of them had no power. Guess I'll have to go again tomorrow or after work one day this week.

Aren't they supposed to have back up generators? lol the power went out at my local frys (grocery store, division of kroger) it was completely dark for like 5 minutes before they got it fixed lol.

Was there a storm causing the power outage or just some random thing?

I can't believe I will be 32 weeks tomorrow! Seriously where has time gone?! and my baby shower is two weeks away! Got pretty much all we can get for now, just need to get some charcol and some burgers and candy for this game we are playing and thats about it then my mom is going to order cupcakes in advance next week and then all thats left is the balloons :)

We are having a raffle too. My mom saw some raffle tickets at the dollar store and thought it would be a good idea lol so apparently anyone who donates a dollar to "the diaper fund" will get a ticket and we will raffle off left over prizes as well as a grand prize which will include some of my grandpas home made salsa and his home made jelly along with one of his indian head dress things you can hand from the mirror of your car, a plate of cookies and a small bottle of sparkling grape juice all put together in a nice little basket. I'm hoping we get a good turn out.

I just looked at my registry so far no items have been purchased off it (except my grandparents told me they will be getting the monitor I wanted so I marked it as purchased so no one else gets it), I'm not surprised as I only ever got 2 items that I registered for with my son and I know alot of people wait till last minute to buy things then many people don't give a crap whats on your registry they will get you what they want to get lol. I'm hoping I get atleast some of the things I registered for though even if its not the exact ones I registered for if this makes sense lol. I totaled up whats on my registry that I absolutely need or really want to get and it looks like after the 20% discount they give you on whats left it would be about $115 so any money/target gift cards I get will probably go toward left over items on my registry.

I seriously can't believe how fast time is going.. I know I say that way too much LOL.

anyway hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

It is going really fast! 3 and half weeks until I'm full term!! That's mad lol!

I got my baby shower next week. I don't have a registry, they're not done over here, baby showers are just kicking off them selves here. Excited :)

Also I have 2 weeks left at work, so excited about that too

Yeah the registers and the coolers were running off the generators but the registers shut off after about 20 minutes with no power so they have enough power for the coolers.

I'm making cake pops today for my brother in law's wedding this coming Saturday so my son is very excited because there are always extra!

Also, we got a new car, well new to us. My husbands grandma gave us her car since she's now unable to drive. It's a very nice car too!

Also, I'm 34 weeks today! And she dropped yesterday!

I'm at 33 weeks today! Baby hasn't dropped into pelvis yet. She still having fun flipping and rolling around up high.

I think my baby might be starting to drop slowly too. (Actually made a thread last night about it on third tri) I'm not really feeling too much pressure in my pelvis just yet, occasionally I do when I go to sit down but then other times I feel normal but I'm not 100% sure she's even head down yet. I think she is playing around with the idea though because my kicks do seem to be more up top for the most part. All day yesterday I felt like the top of my stomach (about 2-3 inches above my belly button anyway) was being tugged on like the bottom part was pulling it and I do notice my bump is slightly lower than it was the other day but not a lot, its not as beach ball shaped either so who knows. Been able to feel the baby alot more as well and even with my anterior placenta I can clearly see her movements like she is flopping over from side to side or something to get comfy lol no idea if anterior placentas make much of a difference after dropping or not but thats another reason for me to suspect shes not transverse anymore..will have to ask the dr to check position next week, I wanted her to do it at my last appointment but she broke her finger and I didn't want to bother it lol so I'll be in wonder for a whole week yet at least =/

Hubby goes back to school tomorrow, thankfully because that means we can start collecting his GI bill again which is a good chunk of our income (will be $1400 a month this semester with the full required 12 credit hours) he will get a small portion of it in september but not the full amount since he isn't going to school the whole month (its like a prorated thing) but in October he should get the full amount. Still waiting to hear back from the police department as to whether or not he will be moving forward but as anxious as we are, trying not to hold our breath as they said it could take several months..

My son also has his dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon so looks like I will be stealing the car from my hubby tomorrow which means I have to drop him off and pick him up..but I may go to babies r us or something tomorrow and check out their clearance items for something to do in the mean time :) and pick up a new baby welcome kit while I am there.

I don't think my bumps budged anywhere, I don't have midwife again until 35 weeks, so I juts hope she's stayed head dow, which she has been at all appintments since 22 weeks, so as long as she stays like that Ill be happy!

Still have a few more weeks till they are supposed to go head down anyways so that doesnt worry me just yet. I'm pleased with how easily things have been going this time, but I must say I'm hitting the uncomfortable part of pregnancy. My uterus feels like its butted up against my ribs now and is pushing a bit. It's making breathing hurt and my back is in a terrible way.

I just don't need her turning last minute lol. I always have a bum in my ribs, thats uncomfortable.

I don't know if i'll be able to tell if/when she drops

EDIT: Heres my last 5 week photos

Attachments

• 29 to 33.jpg
    29 to 33.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
I've had a pretty easy pregnancy for the most part, though I did notice yesterday that my bump was a teeny bit lower. Also, her kicks are quite high for the most part.

I had my baby shower yesterday and I got a TON of blankets and clothes. A friend made me a diaper bag and I really love it, and we also got the crib set we wanted and a play yard from our registry. I got a baby sling as well...lots of handy little things but I am overwhelmed...to much stuff! plus we're moving in less than two weeks. I was impressed with the turn out though, we had a good 25-30 people which shocked me. I made cupcakes (From a mix, because there was no way I was making that many cupcakes from scratch!) and I decorated them and my mom bought a cake, people thought my mom got the cupcakes with the cake, so that made me feel good. My mother-in-law wants to throw a shower 2 or 3 weeks before my due date! I don't really want another one because we really don't need anymore stuff except a stroller, car seat, dresser, and a baby monitor. We have a few gift cards though, and some extra money so we could manage that stuff on our own, probably...I consider the money that my husband and I have in our joint account as his money and I never spend it without asking unless it's something small or I know I recently contributed to the money in there. He's the one who earns it and he's the one working...though I'm constantly cleaning up after him! I'm exhausted!

Oh thats awesome you got so much stuff :) but seriously if your mother in law wants to throw you another shower then I'd definitely go for it! Anything and everything helps and if you get too much of something or something you won't use then exchange it for store credit and get something you will use later.

Or you can ask her to just throw a diaper party instead, you can always use diapers and places like walmart and target will gladly let you exchange sizes if you have too many of a certain size :)

My dr says babies should start turning head down around 29-30 weeks but its not really a concern until 36 weeks, if they are not head down by 36 weeks thats when we talk about the options (certain things to try, ECV or c section).

Well, my bump dropped a TON. I wouldn't have noticed it so much but my pants are tighter and my shirts are looser. Well, that and I have to pee about every 10- 30 minutes whereas before I could easily go for 2 hours at a time. Everyone here is scared I'm going to have this baby this week since we have the wedding next weekend. Since I'm officiating it and doing the cake, cupcakes, and cake pops everyone is freaking out that I dropped. She has been head down for a long time but between being head down, dropping, fundal height measuring 2 weeks ahead, and most of the ultrasound measurements putting her about 2 weeks further along (they wouldnt bump up due date since head circumfrence was bang on but evrything else was ahead) they are all getting nervous. I'm not worried though...I just don't feel she's ready to make her entrance yet!

yeah it sounds like you may go early but I doubt you'll go that early! Good luck with everything though, thats alot of work but atleast it keeps you busy :)

Well, here are the cake pops I made yesterday for the wedding this saturday. They are dipped in white chocolate with yellow drizzle on some and pink drizzle on the rest. They look yellowy because of the lighting in my kitchen. When I actually get them tied off and carded I'll take a better picture. The stands are made from a tree on the farm that is well over 100 years old. They were actually from one of the branches and they were that big! There are 47 cake pops in each one. I could still squeeze more holes if I want I think though.

Attachments

• cake pops.jpg
    cake pops.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
  • cake pops2.jpg
    cake pops2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads