Anybody else due in October?

Contractions all day for me! they're coming between 10-15 minutes apart for the last 9 contracions! I don't know what to do at all! What do I do? Also, contractions are NOT fun. I knew they were going to be awful, but they're just blah! lasting about 30-60 seconds...Is this pre-labor? I wish I knew what was happening...I agree about the breastfeeding! I hope my little girl will latch easily!

Jac, what's happening today! It was prob early labor. You usually let them buildin frequency, intensity and length then head in. 5-1-1 rule :) you'll do great. They do hurt huh? It's not like anything else you can describe. It just plain hurts and keeps on coming.
Good news is there is an end in sight and it results with your gorgeous babe :)

oh i hope my LO takes to breastfeeding easily...and i dont get easily frustrated if he doesn't...its going to be nerve racking being a first time mom

It's hard, I won't lie. Just get determined!!! My little one is 5 days old and cluster feeding since day two. Log spurts of constant feeding withherne ER seeming to be satisfied, very frustrating, painful on my poor breasts/nipples, but it's getting better. If you need to kellymom is a great online resource for new mommie breastfeeding.

Sorry i havent posted pics yet. I have barely had a moment to myself. Hubby wasnt able to take off work infact they had the nerve to make him go in early to work last night. Hes got work all weekend and he works nights..then he has school so i wont get a break until monday evening and it seems when i d have a chance to sit down someone chooses that time to come visit..but when i get a chance i will post pics. Hope everyone is well!

Good luck Jac :) hopefully something has progressed by now!

Well ladies I sort of had a moment to sit down to grab a few pics to post here..actually had to get up a couple times during this to tend to my son, the baby is napping. I'm about to wake her up for a feed, she's been sleeping all day pretty much. Did get a good amount of tummy time in though :)

Here's my little Emery Bay :)

https://i46.tinypic.com/1zczv37.jpg

Here she is in the nursery while they were monitoring her breathing and vitals

https://i45.tinypic.com/okx2xd.jpg

and being held by her grandma :)

https://i47.tinypic.com/1z4ern4.jpg
https://i45.tinypic.com/okx2xd.jpg

Awe so cute! How Big was she again? She almost doesn't look like a newborn, she all filled in :)
My Ella is doing well, but I have zero time to get anything done. Just feeding meals and having baths is a challenge for us now. DH is back at work tomorrow so should be fun. I'll post a pic eventually but can't get to the CPU for now.

Those pics do make her look bigger but she is tiny, 6 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches. (my son wasnt much bigger, 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 3/4 inches) She does have a chubby little face though but she almost needs preemie clothes, shes swimming in newborn lol but she will grow fast.

And yeah free time is out the window lol. Both the kids woke up about 5 but emery only woke up once last night, i woke her actually so she could eat. She woke up on her own at 5 though. Not bad at all for a new born!

I think, if i am up for it, im going to take the kids to a pumpkin patch soon. If i can get hubby or my mom to take us. Dont really want to go too many public places withbthe baby just yet but shes a little jaundiced so some sunlight would be good for her.

Would like to introduce Elyssa Mae. Born 11 Oct 2012. 14:19. Weighing 8lb exactly

I'm no good at writing things up so I have written my labour in time format :) ...
10/10/12
Throughout AM - loosing plug
21:00 Crampyness and back ache
22:00 Contractions noticeable every 7 minutes
11/11/12
00:30 Contracting 7minutes apart lasting 45 seconds
03:00 Contracting 4 – 5 minutes apart for 45 seconds
03:00 – 05:00 Sleep
05:00 Contractions kick up a few notches, 3 in 10 minutes. This time taken as start of labour
09:20 Midwife appointment – 4-5 cm dilated, already in active labour, told to go up hospital either now or in my own time
11:00 Got to hospital. Contractions were in my back, really painful lower back pain, hardly any tummy pain. Couldn’t even feel contractions on tummy when midwife told me I was having one and to let it pass. Baby was determined as OP Back to Back by both my midwife and the midwives at hospital. Had bloody show whilst in hospital. Used Entonox for a few of the contractions whilst the pain was in my back. But really didn't find it did any more than just breathing, so gave it up and carried on natural.
13:45 Got over whelming feeling, body started to push by itself, no way to breathe through it. Midwife checked and Cervix was 8/9 cm dilated but very stretchy, got written on notes as fully dilated.
13:50 Started pushing alongside my body
13:55 Waters popped.
14:19 Elyssa Born

1st stage of Labour 8 hrs 45 mins
2nd Stage of Labour 34 minutes
Total 9hrs 19 minutes
Elyssa arrives 24 minutes after waters broke

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMG_1431.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMG_1417.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/DSC03889.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/DSC03868.jpg

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0582.jpg

All so very adorable...so jealous kinda...7 more days for me...and then i get to show you guys a baby boy... :p

look at all that dark hair - Jealous! lol

I feel completely over whelmed. Mostly at night time =/ my hubby actually woke up a little early today for like 2 hours and went back to sleep but in that time I managed to take a shower and eat something so it helped atleast. I barely have a moment to myself and my son I dont know what is up with him, hes not jealous toward the baby or anything, absolutely loves her but hes getting a nasty temper lately. Asks for food, I'll give it to him and he screams no and wont eat it. Gets real testy and what not too. I honestly don't think its anything to do with the baby as shes not really hogging much of the attention, she mostly sleeps. I think my grandparents spoiled him a bit too much while he was there though and I think he may be getting sick as his poop is really dark and runny. Not sure what the issue is all I know is taking care of two kids all day and all night 95% by myself these last couple days is exhausting. Along with that its a disaster in here, I need to clean and pack but theres no room to put anything. Can't wait to do laundry tomorrow finally so I hope they get here sooner rather than later with that replacement washer (but I doubt it). My husband had to push everything in the living room together so its even more crowded, can't watch tv, he had to put the coffee table away so he could move the tv up to make room for maintinance to come in with the washer.

I've been in pain all day. Annoying after pain cramps and a HORRIBLE hemorrhoid. Witch hazel pads aren't doing anything for it, just irritates it more it seems like. =/ Gonna try preparation h or something. I didn't get a sitz bath but I dont think I would like it anyway.

I am so ready for bed right now. I just want to get this night and tomorrow over with already.

Sjd's - I too got the cursed post partum hemmerhoid. It's small and not super painful, shrinks overnight and only really flares up with sitting on my butt too long. It's hard enough getting to the bathroom to take care of having a pee and changing my pad and cleaning proper with my 2nd degree tear. Not too bad though.
Hubby is back to work tomorrow (oops today, it's late) so I had better get some sleep here. Should be a fun day with me and two super needy kids. My son has reached a whole new sound level, he yells and screams everything, not in a mad way just in a listen to me way, its cute but he does want attention. Sjd's my boy has been doing the protest thing too for a while. He's trying to exert power of choice and it's a standoff of sorts. I've taken to giving him a choice that I'm in control of. He has a choice of the leftover plate he last turned down or what I am making new, lol. It works, most of the time :)

Avah Maybel Anne was born October 14th after ridiculously long labor with extremely hard, intense, and long contractions. I was dilated at 1 cm when they checked me after 27 hours and after morphine to let me get some sleep in between I was checked again by an OB to see if I needed to transfer care and at around 36 hours I had progressed to 5 cm!! He broke my water and 6 hours later I pushed out our baby girl. It was the most intense and painful experience of my life and I don't plan on doing it again. She's enough for me, she is the cutest. I had a natural delivery with no epidural (Can't believe that one) and tore quite a lot in the tissue, but not on my external skin. Post pictures later :)

Congrats Jac :) sounds like a long and painful experience.no epidural was hard as hell, and whoever can do that by choice I commend. It was unreal, but at least mine wasn't that long though very intense, and more in the back and hips, then front too later.
Bet she's adorable!

Holy crap you are one strong woman. If it weren't for my previous episode of high blood pressure (and it did rise again this time though not as bad) I wouldn't have gotten one either but considering how my labors are like 5 hours long thats nothing. Atleast its done with now! Enjoy your little girl :)

Baby Avah

Attachments

• IMG_4172 (640x468).jpg
    IMG_4172 (640x468).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
Just adorable. Don't know how you ppl are finding time to hop on the computer to post pics. I use my phone when I'm stuck breastfeeding, it passes the time. I'm picking up a wrap baby wearer soon. I need the freedom to move and chase after my son or do household tasks with her. Found an amazing deal from a store closing down but have to work out payment and shipping. Hope it works out, if not it'll be twice the price to get it. I just need it ASAP!

You can post pics from your phone. Upload to tinypic.com right from your phone then copy the link from there and post it where you wish :) I usually get on here from my phone too but I did post pics from the computer its quicker. My little girl sleeps alot so I have to wait until my son is asleep or entertained some how lol.

We are going to the pumpkin patch on saturday :) Don't really want to take the baby out too many public places right now but we can't pass up the pumpkin patch tradition. I would go Friday as less people would be there since their older kids would be in school but my mom and dad wanted to come and possibly my nieces too.

Then we get the keys to our new place on wednesday. My hubby only has school for a couple hours (from 11-1) that day so he's going to pick up the uhaul and we'll pack up the little stuff in the truck then he's going to pick up his brother after school to help move the heavy stuff. Ready to get out of here and have more space, and my son will have a yard to play in, granted the back yard has rocks but he loves rocks anyway lol.

All the moving expenses suck though =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->