Anybody else due in October?

Aww i can't wait to start little traditions with my family... :D and moving,what a pain...hopefully it goes smoothly though.
:happydance: just 3 full days left till Christopher:baby:

You must be excited and nervous but hey atleast you can make sure you shave and clean the house up real good and get everything prepared last minute lol unlike me I was trying so hard to keep the place clean, I cleaned multiple times a day in the living room but as it happens I was being lazy that night and figured I would do it after getting my son to bed..turns out I didn't have a chance to lol.

So we were running low on newborn diapers, I only picked up one package since I didn't know how big she would be. I asked my hubby to grab some on his way home earlier. He grabbed size 1 =/ I'd make it work but they'll be huge on her..she could probably fit in preemie.. his excuse "I didn't know there were sizes less than 1"... really? lol I remember when my son was born and we were taking him home my hubby had already put everything in the car including the diapers and diaper bag and just as we were fixing to leave he pooped so I had to ask the nurse to bring me a diaper and wipes for him. They brought me a size 1 diaper and I had to fold it in and fasten it all tight and it was just awkward lol.

He even asked me if there was anything else I wanted from the store while he was there. I asked him to get me some cookies and trash bags. He didn't get either..he forgot apparently.

Men.. :dohh:

lol aww...i have a stock pile of diapers...my family wanted to maker sure i wouldn't have to get any for a while...and wipes...

Sizing up early isnt too big Of a deal. What's her weight now? My gal had a docs checkup today at 10 days old. She is 7 pounds 11.5 ounces, so she has reached over her birthweight of 7 10. Yeah for us and exclusive breastfeeding! I had two packs of newborn diaps, on my last 3 plus I have a massive box of 1's in the closet already, so I'll prob just upsize too.
Pretty good day, had a wonderful dinner prepared by my mom, feeling so spoiled after yesterday's dinner from my sister too! Feeling the love :)

She was 6 lbs 14 ounces at her appointment on monday so gained 6 ounces from her birth weight shes got a small butt though, newborn barely fits lol and like i said its awkward to fold the diaper in and fasten it all tight. My grandparents actually stopped by yesterday with diapers and an outfit for each of the kids so we're good lol.

I got absolutey no sleep last night. The baby woke up every single time I put her down, even if I waited for 10 minutes to put her down. I tried swaddling and her pacifier but neither worked, when I finally did get her down my son woke up, it was like 4:30. He kept shuffling around in our bed trying to get comfy and the baby woke up again an hour later, my son fell asleep by then but woke up when i was changing the babys diaper..he did the same the night before though the baby slept better. So..tired and my husband has work tonight. Not that hes any help at night. I would gladly pump a bottle if I knew he would feed her.

She was 6 lbs 14 ounces at her appointment on monday so gained 6 ounces from her birth weight shes got a small butt though, newborn barely fits lol and like i said its awkward to fold the diaper in and fasten it all tight. My grandparents actually stopped by yesterday with diapers and an outfit for each of the kids so we're good lol.

I got absolutey no sleep last night. The baby woke up every single time I put her down, even if I waited for 10 minutes to put her down. I tried swaddling and her pacifier but neither worked, when I finally did get her down my son woke up, it was like 4:30. He kept shuffling around in our bed trying to get comfy and the baby woke up again an hour later, my son fell asleep by then but woke up when i was changing the babys diaper..he did the same the night before though the baby slept better. So..tired and my husband has work tonight. Not that hes any help at night. I would gladly pump a bottle if I knew he would feed her.

Must've been a baby conspiracy last night. I'm tired as hell today. She was up from 3-5 and I only got to sleep at midnight. Then my son was up at 7, I got him and we lazed in the big bed till 8, then ventured down for breakfast and coffee for mommy, that hasn't even worked :(

I'll bet it'd look funny with a big puffy diaper hanging off her bum, lol. I'm about to try a size one now, we shall see how it goes :)

My little girl is up to 7lbs 6 oz. at 5 days old and she was 7lb 7oz at birth! Breast feeding has been a challenge because I have inverted nipples so I have to wear a shield, but it's so tender! Oh well, We're getting there.

We had to supplement for a couple days :( not alot thankfully but the first day was because of her low blood sugar, they wanted her to eat to see of it would raise then she was slightly jaundiced which can make babies extra tired so she would nurse but get too tired to finish so if she was extra hungry we topped her off with formula. Mostly at night but shes much better now, feeding like a champ :) having to get used to my pump again so i can have milk pumped for when we go out places

So yesterday we went to dinner with my grandparents. I don't know whos brilliant idea it was to go OUT to dinner with an 8 day old baby and had I known we were going out rather than staying in to eat a meal like usual I wouldn't have gone but it would have been odd to just stay at their place alone with the baby while everyone else was eating, though I probably should have. I told them I didn't like the idea of taking the baby to a restaurant just yet but they just kept saying oh its fine. Well if she gets sick I am blaming them. I don't really want to take her too many public places that aren't necessary. The pumpkin patch was the only outting I had planned for a while, and she will be in a stroller with a blanket covering her from the sun for the most part. Plus I didn't know how she would be at the resturaunt if she would be crying the whole time or not. Thankfully she slept right through it all. I fed her as soon as we got there and she fell asleep but we had soooooo many people come up to us asking how old she was and what bugs me (at the store and resturaunt and even at the lab when we went to get her 2nd new born screening (the blood work part) people asked if she was a boy or a girl! The worker put her down as a boy at first so had to correct it and an old lady told her husband the baby was a male after he said she was cute, then she asked me "It is a male right?" Of course I told her no shes definitely a girl.

What I want to know is how the heck do you mistake a girl for a boy when shes dressed in pink with a flowery blanket and a bow on her head! Who does that to a boy? Seriously..!

I mean people asked me if my son was a boy or a girl when he was real little but thats a little more understandable, his carseat was neutral and he wasn't decked out in pink and bows lol.

Some people..

SJD, didn't realise our princesses were born on the same day :)

mrswichman - good luck with your c section! Hopefully you have a healthy little boy and a speedy recovery!

tried going to bed a lot early but can't quit thinking about tomorrow...i hope i least get a couple hours of sleep

Your going to do great. Must be hard knowing when it's going to happen. You've had time to have it run through your mind a million times. Good luck and can't wait to jear the news :)

Christopher rRichard born at 8:56a.m coming in at 21 1/2inches long and weighing 9lbs 1oz...full head of hair...elcs went great...so far so good in recovery...pics post when we get home

My nephew was just born today as well :) sometime around 11. They've named him Matthew. I got a picture from my mom at 11:15. Don't know the details yet but he looks like my brother from the picture I got. She was due tomorrow and was actually supposed to get a date for induction at her appointment tomorrow too. This is the longest pregnancy she's had and she's been having contractions for weeks and even had false labor a month ago so I bet shes glad to be done with it finally.

My mom and I were actually supposed to go over to their place to let my son play with his cousins and so they could meet our baby but looks like that will be postponed for a little bit.

Congratulations Mrswichman!! New babies are so tiring but so worth it! Its pretty hard when you're trying to recover, but hopefully you'll have some help. I've got an awesome husband and an awesome mom who have been really helpful. My church has been bringing us meals everyday as well! And on a sidenote, I've lost 30 of my 45lbs in just 8 days. So happy to be getting back to normal again.

So havent slept all but two and half hrs in 32 hrs...i feel like i need to be watching him haha. But anyways *update* recovery is going good...i was even able to get up and sit in a chair and tomorrow i get my cath. Out and walk around a bit.

Great news and congrats mrs s.
I got up and walking less than 24 hours after my section, though it hurt like hell and I felt like a hunchback as I was afraid to stand without, it got them to remove my cath earlier too :)
I was okay with sitting after my section it was just getting from position to position that killed. This time after vaginal getting into sitting hurt for the first 48 but I'm fine now.

I tore so bad with my son that I couldn't sit down without intense pain for a week =/ this time I was able to sit down pretty much right away, barely tore at all dr said I only needed like 2 stitches. I can't even feel the tear so it must not be bad at all. The hemorrhoid was worse!

Its very normal to want to just watch your baby at all times. Thats a sign of a good momma :) wanting to make sure your little one is ok.

Well we are moving tomorrow, though looking at this place you wouldn't have any idea. Hardly have anything done! I cleared off my table of the junk mail and what not its accumulated lol and cleared off part of the counter that had various things on it. Cleaned up our room and got laundry put away. Still have some laundry to do though. Got a lot of dishes done and ready to be packed up today and still need to pack the bathrooms. I seriously need to stop putting that one off lol. But as long as I get all that done and get my hubby to clear out the fridge and pantry of stuff we won't eat and make a trip to walmart after he gets home to get a couple things then I feel like the rest can be saved for tomorrow. Most of our packing gets done as we go anyway. It seems like alot but not at the same time..tomorrow will be busy as heck though especially trying to work around the kids..So ready to be done already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->