Anybody else due in October?

Feb.27 Chris has is 4month check up, My Chunky is weighing in at 18lbs 4oz. and 27.06" long :) Growing "perfectly" as the Dr. said :D
Such a proud mommy :D

He's as big as a 9 month old! I went back to find my son's growth slips he gets from the drs so I could give you a comparison, at 9 months my son was 28.5 inches (50th/75th percentile) and weighed 19 lbs 14 ounces (25th/50th percentile)

You got a quarterback on your hands haha :)

Avah is 28 inches but only 13lbs 6 ozs. Big boy you have!!

yeah he's about 4-5 inches shorter than his 13 month old cousins and around 4 pounds less...

Hi everyone, been a couple weeks almost. Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is :)

Doing good on this end. Just got a new couch actually, one of the bigger things we wanted for when we buy a house (less than 20 months until my hubby graduates the nursing program!) :)We were going to wait but it was a great price so we're saving money in the long run plus we got to customize everything about it, fabric, color, the pillows. It was pretty nice. Should be in some time next week :)

The kids are doing pretty well. Emery is sitting up very well these days and so close to crawling properly rather than the scoot thing she's been doing lol. Her new thing is rolling over while I'm changing her diaper :dohh:

We took our son to his first movie yesterday. He did ok, better than I thought he would but I think we'll wait another year or so to attempt it again. He got restless toward the end and kept wanting to go potty so we left when there was probably around 5 minutes left but he did ok otherwise :)

How is everyone else doing?

Wow at Emery nearly crawling, We are no where near anything like that!
Elyssa likes to be stood up, she always pushes herself up if you have her sitting, then she bounces and laughs away lol.

Haha both my kids do/did that. My son held his own weight at 6 weeks (I actually have a picture of him standing and holding onto the couch at that age) Emery has been doing this mock crawl/scoot thing for a while now where she gets her knees under her and puts her head on the floor as a weight then pushes off lol its cute but she's finally getting to a point where she's almost up on all 4s My son crawled the day he turned 6 months so I'm not surprised even though the dr says most kids don't crawl like that until they are 8 months or so (thats when my son began to walk). I guess I just have strong kids or something lol but to be fair my son doesn't talk as much as other kids his age. He's very smart and understands a lot just not as verbal as other kids his age.

Wow Yay for Emery!! Christopher isn't near almost crawling yet...He's going to sit up here soon,I swear...lol He's finally liking to stand he wont bend his legs when I lift him up...Also he likes to do the superman flying and blowing on his belly{LoL} Cracks him up...
He's started his solids...so far carrots/squash/sweet potatoes...are all go!

Big thing going on for us...a bigger apartment....I honestly hate the process of looking... :dohh:

We like Butternut squash, sweet potato and apple, she will only eat carrot if its mixed with one of the others lol.

We too are looking to get out house on the market. We are going to step back off the ladder and rent a bigger place then hopefully I can be a SAHM :/

Glad your all doing well :)

Yay for foods! haha. We actually just moved on to stage 2. Emery was gobbing up the whole jar of stage one even after I thickened it with a little bit of rice cereal (and still nursing as normal) so I'm giving her half a jar of stage 2 foods now. Its the same amount of food since I'm not giving her the whole jar, just a little thicker and slightly more textured. So far so good. She wouldn't touch the stage 1 meats but my son didn't either. I don't blame them it smells like cat food! lol but the stage 2 foods with mixed in meats are ok it seems. Emery LOVES sweet potatoes and squash. Those seem to be her favorites right now :)

Its getting pretty warm here, I'm about to buy a kiddie pool soon.

Yummy cat food! haha! I'm making the food myself at the minute, so shes only had veg and fruits slowly adding more and more flavours :)

No solids for Avah yet, she's tasted avocado and banana off of my finger, but that's it. She's really good at sitting up but nowhere close to crawling. She loves to stand though, has been for a few months. She can hold her weight but we need to be balancing her. And I will also be making my own foods. I am probably going to start with Baby-led weaning.

Oh man will I be glad when those fricken teeth pop through already! Emery used to be an angel when it came to sleep. Sleeping from 8 pm to 9 am on average only waking once or twice but since she started teething a couple months ago she started waking up more often and for the past two nights I maybe got 2 or 3 hours of sleep total because she was up every 5 minutes using me as a human pacifier, not moody or anything just restless. After the first wake I never did go back to sleep since she was up so often and I don't think she slept either. I'm surprised she's not more tired. Last night I even put her to bed on a full tummy and gave her some infants motrin but it didn't help at all.

Man I sure hope its the teething thats causing it..hopefully tonight will be better.

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good easter weekend. We went to my FIL's church egg hunt and pancake breakfast at the park today. Spencer had fun, Emery fell asleep lol. They'll get their baskets tomorrow :)

Major news though! Emery is finally crawling! She's been trying so hard for quite some time and finally got it down. I still can't believe it! She's only 5 1/2 months but she's up on all 4's crawling! She still tries to get on her toes rather than her knees once in a while though, trying to do a bear crawl lol.

How is everyone else doing?

Clever Emery :) We are sitting and rolling. Shuffling forward by pulling knees underneath and pushing forward but not crawling. These teeth have a lot to answer to tonight

Happy belated anniversary Mrs. B! Avah is JUST learning to sit. No crawling in sight, but I am sort of thankful for that. We will be starting solids in 2 weeks though. Crazy!

End of this month hun, but thanks :winkwink:

Elyssa absolutely loves her food! Hope Avah loves it just as much when you starts her :)

Wow! Didn't realise this thread was still going. And it's kinda long. LOL.

Its amazing how fast these kiddos grow up. 8 days until Emery hits the 6 month mark. I want to take her 6 month pictures myself but no idea where.. I did my son's at a park but I kind of want to do hers somewhere else.

We're still working on those two first teeth. Why do my kids have to be such slow teethers.. both her and my son started early but it takes forever for the tooth to actually come in. 3 month long process for my son, he's ALWAYS teething it seems. Thankfully it doesn't bother him too much and he's only got 4 more teeth to get. I can feel Emery's gums swelling and getting a little bump where the teeth should be popping through at some point..My nephew who is a week and a half younger than her has 2 already and seems to be working on the next. I feel so bad for my brother and his girlfriend. That kid literally never stops crying until he goes to sleep and he's a cat napper.. I think I would go nuts! plus they have 2 toddlers at home too.

We're hoping to take Emery to meet her great grandparents (hubbys mom's parents) in August. Apparently my hubby gets 1 week off between this semester and the next but we'd rather go in August than later this month. This is assuming he gets time off after this next semester too and he can get the time off work.. I'm ready for a vacation though!

I read that over and over and kept reading March, not April...I don't know whats wrong with my brain!! Happy Anniversary at the end of the month!

{LOL} After reading about your little ones getting teeth already and sitting...and crawling I feel like we're behind!! Chris has no teeth coming in...not sitting(he is doing crunches though, and not crawling either...he does roll where he wants to go...
But my "little" guy weighed 20lb 2oz on april 1st...as we went in because he got pink eye...he's in 12 month clothes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->