Anybody get pregnant after Hysteroscopy to remove polyp/fibroid/lap to unblock tubes?

wannabeprego

Mom to 3, FET cycle 10/2023 is a BFP!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and a laprascopy to try to unblock my second possibly blocked tube on 08/29/12, because I only have one for sure open tube and I found it out in the HSG I had before.

What I was wondering is if anyone else had a uterine growth like a polyp or fibroid removed and managed to get pregnant after, and what did you do to get pregnant after? Or if your tubes were unblocked and U managed to get pregnant with that I want to hear your story as well!!!:flower:

My plan is to try a couple of cycles of clomid and TTC the old fashioned way and than move onto IUI if that doesnt work. I am trying this route in hopes the clomid will work and i can save $$ and not have to do IUI. I have DH on a high does of infertility vitamins starting now to try to get hs sperm count and motility up as high as we can for when we start to TTC again.

This is an old thread i started asking about what the surgery was like and what i could expect so I am including it in this post! Also if anyone wants to share their experiences with me about their surgery if they had this than I would love to hear more stories also!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...uterine-growth-laparascopy-unblock-tubes.html

I had some fibroids removed a few months ago. I am on my 2nd cycle ttc after the surgery, so i don't have a success story YET! fx'd!

I had a hysteroscopy to remove a growth inside my uterus and at follow up scans a few months later the doctor checked that everything was healed and said that we could start TTC if we wanted. We did have to wait a few months for clearance though and apparently there is a higher risk of uterine rupture during pregnancy after a hysteroscopy due to the scarring, so you may want to ask about that.

I had some fibroids removed a few months ago. I am on my 2nd cycle ttc after the surgery, so i don't have a success story YET! fx'd!

Hi TeddyBearPug,

How are you doing hun?:winkwink:

Thanks for sharing your story with me!!:flower: Fingers crossed that the surgery is what we both need to finally get our BFP's!!! Baby dust to you!!:dust::dust:

You will have to keep me upated on how things go moving forward with you!!!:thumbup:

I had a hysteroscopy to remove a growth inside my uterus and at follow up scans a few months later the doctor checked that everything was healed and said that we could start TTC if we wanted. We did have to wait a few months for clearance though and apparently there is a higher risk of uterine rupture during pregnancy after a hysteroscopy due to the scarring, so you may want to ask about that.

Thanks for sharing your story with me!!!:flower: My DR told me that I only needed to wait a week after the surgery before me and DH can have sex again and before I could start working out again. Hmmm,but based on what your DR told you I am starting to get nervous and I am going to have to ask the DR more questions based on what you were told.

Keep me updated on how things turn out for you since the surgery hun.:thumbup:

Good luck and baby dust to you!!! I hope that the surgery is what we both need to finally get our :bfp:'s!!! :dust::dust::dust:

Hi, I'm currently a very nervous 6 weeks pregnant after having a lap dye and hys 10 weeks ago. I had a large symptomless ovarian cyst, which he removed. I next ovulated 3 days after, so we missed that cycle. But we tried the next and here we are. I have also been having acupunture though so it could be that. We had been TTC for 19 months previously.
I felt quite poorly for a week after the op, with the gas trying to escape, and still had twinges for a couple of weeks from the scars, but for me it was well worth it, as I had no symptoms of the cyst at all, ( apart from always needing a wee when lying on my left side in bed!!!)
Good luck xxx

Hi, I'm currently a very nervous 6 weeks pregnant after having a lap dye and hys 10 weeks ago. I had a large symptomless ovarian cyst, which he removed. I next ovulated 3 days after, so we missed that cycle. But we tried the next and here we are. I have also been having acupunture though so it could be that. We had been TTC for 19 months previously.
I felt quite poorly for a week after the op, with the gas trying to escape, and still had twinges for a couple of weeks from the scars, but for me it was well worth it, as I had no symptoms of the cyst at all, ( apart from always needing a wee when lying on my left side in bed!!!)
Good luck xxx

Thanks for sharing your story!!!:flower: That gives me alot of hope that the surgery can finally give me my BFP!!! I am glad to hear that your recovery wasn't too bad. I have heard from other girls recovering from the surgery that the gas pains from the air they put in your belly from the lap are the worst part of the recovery as welll!! Did your DR tell you how long you had to wait after the surgery before you could go back to having sex again? Mine said i needed to wait one week.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!:happydance::happydance: Happy & Healthy 9 months to you!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/55c65492-2.gif

Hi TeddyBearPug,

Thanks for sharing your story with me!!:flower: Fingers crossed that the surgery is what we both need to finally get our BFP's!!! Baby dust to you!!:dust::dust:

You will have to keep me upated on how things go moving forward with you!!!:thumbup:

Have you had your surgery yet? I think the worst part for my myomectomy was passing gas and having the first bowel movement :blush: I have heard that your surgery is alot easier to get over and i think 1 week sounds about right. I have a friend on here who had her polyp removed and conceived through ivf shortly after. So i think the chances are very good in your favor.

I'm doing well. I feel like i'm starting ttc all over again from the very beginning even though i have been ttc for over 2 years :dohh: I'm just trying to relax about it all, although its not easy! lol!

Hi TeddyBearPug,

Have you had your surgery yet? I think the worst part for my myomectomy was passing gas and having the first bowel movement :blush: I have heard that your surgery is alot easier to get over and i think 1 week sounds about right. I have a friend on here who had her polyp removed and conceived through ivf shortly after. So i think the chances are very good in your favor.

I'm doing well. I feel like i'm starting ttc all over again from the very beginning even though i have been ttc for over 2 years :dohh: I'm just trying to relax about it all, although its not easy! lol!

Both of my surgeries laparascopy and hysterscopy are scheduled together to be done at the same time on 08/29/2012, I have an early morning surgery. :thumbup:

This October will be 3 years since my DH had his vasectomy reversal so I an understand how you feel by being in the LTTC boat with you!! Hopefully our surgeries will do the trick for us both!!:dust::dust:

There were a couple of success stories from other girls that had similar procedures done and they shared their stories with me in an old thread I created about this topic before, here is the link to my original thread, I do see that a few of the girls that were on there are now pregnant, so those are all positive signs that this can work for us too!!

Here is the link if you want to check it out!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...uterine-growth-laparascopy-unblock-tubes.html

Thank you do much, still very nervous.

My surgeon said leave it a week to 10 days. To be honest though as we had missed O time during this we left it more like 3 weeks.

Masses of good luck xxx

Thanks for sharing your story with me!!!:flower: My DR told me that I only needed to wait a week after the surgery before me and DH can have sex again and before I could start working out again. Hmmm,but based on what your DR told you I am starting to get nervous and I am going to have to ask the DR more questions based on what you were told.

Good luck and baby dust to you!!! I hope that the surgery is what we both need to finally get our :bfp:'s!!! :dust::dust::dust:

I guess it depends on the extent of the scarring and maybe the location too? Best of luck!

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I had a laparoscopic myomectomy to remove fibroids and open a blocked tube. Healing is much faster as compared to when its done by bikini cut. I was back at work within two weeks! The only challenge is that stitching can be difficult using laparoscopic surgery and you must be confident that your doctor is highly experienced in this type of. Surgery. Less chance of scar tissue post op

Thanks for all of the support and responses girls!!! :flower:

My surgery date is quickly approaching... I am getting a little nervous but trying to keep my cool.

I only have to wait a week afte the surgery before we can start TTC again, so we should be able to start TTC again in my September cycle!!! My Birthday is coming up soon and a birthday BFP would be the best present ever!!!

I just bought a 100 pack of cheapy IC HPT's and a 50 pack of OPK's. I also bought a basal body temperature thermometer and I have decided to start temping to also aid in predictin ovulation and pregnancy. I joined fertility friend's website and was looking at info on charting and at other girl's charts. We also have preseed and softcups left over from when we were TTC before. So long story short I am going to be super prepared to start TTC in my September cycle!!!:thumbup:

I decided to make a ticker to count down the days until my surgery....:happydance:

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10718;416/st/20120829/e/Surgery-Hysteroscopy+-Lap/k/0d6b/event.png

My bloodwork is scheduled for next saturday morning. They test for prenancy and they check your white blood cell count to make sure you dont have any infection, and are healthy enough for surgery.

Please wish me luck, I am hoping for the best case scenario, that they can unblock my second tube, and they dont discover any other problems well they are in there!!!!:flower:

Sounds like you are able to see beyond the surgery to the good stuff that might happen afterwards. I think that's really important. Best of luck!

Sounds like you are able to see beyond the surgery to the good stuff that might happen afterwards. I think that's really important. Best of luck!

Thanks..:hugs: Surgery is less than a week away!!! I agree the benefits outweight the risk for sure!!!:thumbup:

Hey wannabepreggo, wishing you the best possible outcome for your surgery, trust me you'll feel like a new person, the hope you feel after is terrific!

Hello wannabepreggo!

Thanks for starting this thread! I will be having laparoscopy to have an intrauterine polyp removed sometime next week. I have known about my polyp since before starting to conceive. We have tried for 14 cycles unseccesfully. I have asked three drs and got three different opinions about the polyp being a possible problem. So, after a very good hsg and a good sa from DH we decided to have it removed this cycle.
Good luck with your surgery...I will be stalking this thread!

Thanks again for the good luck wishes girls!!!Only 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Nervous.gif :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Lordy the suspense is killing me, nerves are getting to me!!!

@Brassy, fingers crossed that the surgery is what we both need to get our BFP's finally!!!Good luck and baby dust to you!!! :dust::dust:

Make sure you stop back bye and let us know how your surgery goes!! I will do an update after mine is done as well!!!:thumbup:

EEEEeeeekkkkkkkk..... OMG!!!!! Only 1 more day until Surgery..........:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I have to be at the outpatient surgery center tomorrow morning at 6:30 am and the surgery is scheduled for 7am. I will be updating the thread with the outcome after it is done, and once I am feeling up to it, which might not be until Thursday!! Fingers crossed I wake up after surgery with 2 open healthy tubes and a cleaned out/healthy uterus!!!!:thumbup:

Lordy I need something for my nerves and anxiety to calm me down today!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: I just reminding myself that everything is going to be alright and trying to focus on the positives after it is done!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/businessman_nervous_md_wht.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->