Anyone breastfeeding and ttc?

Hey my tests arrived but bfn so far
My dd2 is just starting to get onto solids now which I'm pretty pleased about so hopefully af will make an appearance sometime in next few months!

So excited! So far so good! Can't wait to get to the dr for a scan and EDD! AF in December was normal and AF came again but not so normal end of December beginning of January so I'm curious how many weeks! Last pregnancy I was so sick from 2 weeks on so I'm feeling good!

So was it just 2 AFs that you've had since having your baby?
It was weird from me cos I had a period at 7 weeks pp when I was ill with d&v so I'm assuming it affected my supply and brought on af as I was sure my milk supply dropped. Then I had one day of bleeding a few months later and nothing since!
Af was back for me around the 6/7 month mark with my first so not sure why it's staying away this time!

If the last one I had was really AF then I've had four AFs since DD2. She also has STTN pretty much since birth so she doesn't feed for 7-10 hours over night. I think that's why I got mine so quickly. My supply takes such a big hit when I got AF. It's seemed to dip up and down the past few weeks too before I got my BFP. I'm hoping to BF as long as possible through this pregnancy! Our body's are so tricky!!

I breastfed through the first 3 months of my last pregnancy and all was good but I thought I'd give my body a rest before the next nurseling came along! Was great I managed to get my social life back for that 6 months- nights out, dinners, concerts, nights away!! Then back to square one lol! Wouldn't change it for the works though this time is so short and so precious!

Just wanted to share I got my BFP last Thursday😄

Congrats!! :)

I too got my BFP the other week, so I might as well share our situation.

DS (almost 18m) still bfs all through the night, so I was really worried I'd never get there! The last AF I can remember I think was either end of nov, beginning of dec. I was convinced I was pregnant over new year, but I wasn't. I had really light bleeding on the 5th jan for just half a day, so didn't think it was AF. I then ovulated on the 16th/17th Jan, only 11/12 days after that apparent 'AF'. It's weird because I've always had long cycles of about 34 days. I got my BFP on the 27th, only 22 days after that AF. Super weird.

I am breastfeeding and I want to TTC. OH does not want to until June, I want to now though :(.

Congrats CordeiliaJ 😄

Kiwiberry, my DH told me no at first too! I wanted another right after she was born. We started NTNP in October/November then just went for it officially December/January. Maybe he'll cave 😉

I am really hoping he caves! I will just keep reminding him how amazing it is to have children and see what he does lol.

Just wanted to share I got my BFP last Thursday😄

Congrats!! :)

I too got my BFP the other week, so I might as well share our situation.

DS (almost 18m) still bfs all through the night, so I was really worried I'd never get there! The last AF I can remember I think was either end of nov, beginning of dec. I was convinced I was pregnant over new year, but I wasn't. I had really light bleeding on the 5th jan for just half a day, so didn't think it was AF. I then ovulated on the 16th/17th Jan, only 11/12 days after that apparent 'AF'. It's weird because I've always had long cycles of about 34 days. I got my BFP on the 27th, only 22 days after that AF. Super weird.

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing! So had you had many AFs before the November one? Or was it just random bleeds? How did u know you ovulated?
Were you bfeeding through the day at all? I'm trying to cut down on day one feeds and give little drinks of water and then her meals instead. But my LO still needs that wee comfort and she claws at my top to get to the boob!!

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing! So had you had many AFs before the November one? Or was it just random bleeds? How did u know you ovulated?
Were you bfeeding through the day at all? I'm trying to cut down on day one feeds and give little drinks of water and then her meals instead. But my LO still needs that wee comfort and she claws at my top to get to the boob!!

Well AF came back when DS was around 10m old - I'm not sure how many I had in total, but some months I would get a light AF (1-3 days) and other months nothing. This time I would not have thought it was AF if it wasn't for the fact I ovulated (took those cheap tests strips from amazon everyday to work it out).

He bfs loads all night every night, and sometimes 1-2 bfs during the day, but only on Fridays and the weekend, as I'm at work the rest of the week.

I did have spotting before November I don't remember how frequent it was. My DD STTN and didn't feed for over 6 hours and I've heard that can get your period and cycle back on track. DD does feed ALL day! I tried tracking my CM but it was all over the place. I really guessed to when I thought I was ovulating. January we DTD every other day just to try to catch it and we did!

I've been having 2 days of period cramps-and a heavy and sensitive feeling uterus! Tested and def bfn so come on AF!!! Hopefully it will start soon- I've never wanted my period to start so badly lol!

For those who have their periods- when did af return? Was it when you drastically changed something in your feeding routine or did it just start?
I mean we've started solids but my dd is no where near dropping feeds yet and she still loves a comfort/cuddle feed regularly! So could my af still start or will it be when she's feeding less?
With my dd1 it came back at 7 months pp but she was sleeping 11-7 through the night so I think that helped! My dd2 has to permanently nuzzle into my breast ALL night!!

I did not change anything and was pumping before it started (8 times a day). AF started 2 weeks before my baby came home from the NICU so a little over 2 months PP. Now that I am BF I still get my period but it's a bit irregular. I had my period around the 25th of January and it started again a few days ago.

Oh yey I didn't feed my LO for 5 hours this morning as I was trying to hold off and guess who just made an appearance!
Hello AF! I've missed you!

Hi there, can I join in? Our girl is 21 months. I got my periods back when she was 8.5 months and got pregnant again when she was just under a year. My cycles were a bit irregular and 6 day LP so I was surprised it didnt take longer. I wasnt planning on doing it again with such a small gap but LO is 1 month now and I'm aleady thinking about TTC :).

Hello everyone :) I'm still breastfeeding my 15 month old (lots) and all through the night (every 2/3 hours still) and just got my :bfp: a few days ago. I was 4 weeks pregnant yesterday. (I think)
I didn't have my af return until last month and fell pregnant straight away only charting my ewcm. I plan to continue to feed my lon(as if I have a choice lol) and then tandem feed. Fx to you all ttc and congratulations if your already pregnant :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->