• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone due in August?

I hope I can join. I am 35, but will 36 for delivery. I have had a scan at about 6 weeks, saw the baby's heartbeat. I am due August 3rd. This is our first child. I go for my next scan on Jan. 5th which will almost be 10 weeks. So we are waiting to tell anybody until after that scan. I have some ms in the evenings, just a nagging nausea feeling. Knock on wood, my ms has been manageable. The worst thing is the constipation....anybody have any good tips?

Hi all. I am in the August club (looks to be around the 15th). I am 38 as is my hubby. This is my first and I am just trying to enjoy each twinge and pain since I hear that every pregnancy is different. I was a bit worried a few weeks ago when I had some pretty consistent cramping but the nurse assured me it was all normal and to enjoy the mild discomfort while I could (assuming the worst may yet still come). I have two stepdaughters who are excited about a new sibling and a hubby who is over the moon. We began trying in October and are now pregnant. I am happy and hopeful.

We interview a midwife and tour a birthing center next Tuesday. I hope we like this place as I am ready to begin bonding with my care provider and focusing on the pregnancy.

I am happy to be among you all and wish you a h&h 9+ months.

Want2Bmomma - welcome and congratulations! That's great that you already go to see the baby's heartbeat, it must be very reassuring! I'm finding it very hard to resist telling people over Christmas, but like you I really don't want to tell people until later in the pregnancy.

SaucySac - congratulations on your pregnancy. That's fantastic that it happened so quickly for you! I hope the birthing centre is nice. We have nothing like that near me, and apparently I can't even have midwife-led care this time round as I ended up having a c-section on my last pregnancy as baby was breech. Bit disappointed but I'm not really too bothered once I get a baby at the end of it all!

AFM, I had a little bit of spotting yesterday which has totally freaked me out. Thankfully it seems to have stopped at the moment but I'm going to go to the GP this morning anyway just for a chat and hopefully a bit of reassurance!

HI ladies I am 40 and just got my BFP on Saturday! I have a 7 yr old girl, and I had a Blighted Ovum this past June :( I am cautiously preggers and too nervous to be excited. I am not feeling nauseus just sore bbs and emotional. I did not feel nauseus with the blighted ovum either so I am staring to worry as I was sicker than a dog with my daughter.. Thanks for starting this thread! Congrats!:thumbup::flower:

HI ladies I am 40 and just got my BFP on Saturday! I have a 7 yr old girl, and I had a Blighted Ovum this past June :( I am cautiously preggers and too nervous to be excited. I am not feeling nauseus just sore bbs and emotional. I did not feel nauseus with the blighted ovum either so I am staring to worry as I was sicker than a dog with my daughter.. Thanks for starting this thread! Congrats!:thumbup::flower:

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust that everything goes well and smoothly with this pregnancy.

I am also too nervous to be excited really. I had a bit of spotting yesterday and I have been offered an early scan tomorrow morning. But now I'm stressing that it will be too early to see anything and I will be left in limbo over Christmas.

Thanks for the kind greeting Polaris. Please let us know about the dr's visit. Woke this morning to moderate cramps but no bleeding and they are gone again. Growing pains? I hope so.

Thanks for the kind greeting Polaris. Please let us know about the dr's visit. Woke this morning to moderate cramps but no bleeding and they are gone again. Growing pains? I hope so.

I had a lot of cramping on my last pregnancy and everything was fine. It's pretty normal I think. I am having some cramping this time too but nothing too serious.

The doctor was lovely. She looked up all the medications that I was taking after the accident before I knew that I was pregnant (I fractured my jaw two weeks ago by coming off the bicycle) and she wasn't too concerned about any of them. However she did say that spotting is always a cause for some concern and she has referred me for an early scan tomorrow morning. I hope it's not too early to see anything. I will let you know how it goes.

Hi! Am 37 years old- had a positive blood test yesterday. We got married in August & this is our first baby--- so hoping all goes well. Should be due around August 13-15. Odd that I am high risk & nobody wants to see me until January 24. Is this unusual?

Hi I am 37 and pregnant for the very first time. Due Aug 16th. Very excited, but also scared as it took 11 months to get a bfp. My OH and I are keeping it a secret for now. Have a lovely 7 year old step daughter, but don't want her to know until after 12 weeks. Good luck everyone and hope all these beans stick around.

LF11 NO THIS IS NOT UNUSUAL! I am high risk as well and I cannot even get an appointment set until THEY confirm my pregnancy with their urine test so I am going to do that after work today! SIGH!!

POLARIS, Good luck keep us posted sweetie. I am sure things are ok. spotting is norm. Do you have any back pain along with it? Please keep us posted. I am thinking of you sweetie!

Congrats to all of the ladies who are just getting a BFP! Tomorrow marks a week that I found out! I am glad we are in this together!:hugs::happydance:

P.S. Polaris, it is not unusual to not see much at 5 weeks but than again, some do so do not let that get you! (easier said than done, I know first hand). With my blighted ovum I was supposed to be at 7weeks and they saw nothing but a sac, right than I knew only because you should at least see the fetal pole after 6 weeks. You will be ok sweetie..hang in there!:hugs:

P.S. Polaris, it is not unusual to not see much at 5 weeks but than again, some do so do not let that get you! (easier said than done, I know first hand). With my blighted ovum I was supposed to be at 7weeks and they saw nothing but a sac, right than I knew only because you should at least see the fetal pole after 6 weeks. You will be ok sweetie..hang in there!:hugs:

Thanks hun. Well I had the scan this morning and she couldn't see very much but she could see the sac and possibly the beginnings of something. She said everything looked OK but that it was very early days and too early to tell. They have given me an appointment for 19th January for another scan, unless I have any more bleeding in the meantime. Seems like ages away!

sounds perfectly norm for your gestational stage. too bad they would not let you come back in a week! so much happens day to day! Jan 19 you will see your bean brewing I just know it!:happydance:

sounds perfectly norm for your gestational stage. too bad they would not let you come back in a week! so much happens day to day! Jan 19 you will see your bean brewing I just know it!:happydance:

Thanks, I hope so! I'm not usually a worrier but I think since the accident I've been more anxious about lots of things. I'm not going to tell family over Christmas just in case, although it will be hard to keep the news to myself.

well I understand that Polaris! I am cautious too and NOBODY knows in my life so I am on the same page! But if it helps, journal about it! You will feel some relief doing that! I know I do!!:hugs:

We told our parents 2 weeks ago. I want all the support in case something goes wrong or everything goes right but I do understand being cautious about telling. I won't tell work until I go back in January and have had my first appointment with the midwife.

Polaris - pretty soon we will discussing the baby bump so try not to worry to much!

:happydance::happydance: I had my first scan today at 5+6 and saw a strong heartbeat through abdo ultrasound - so pleased:happydance::happydance: I have had three MC's this year so this has been an amazing day for me today.

Thanks, I hope so! I'm not usually a worrier but I think since the accident I've been more anxious about lots of things. I'm not going to tell family over Christmas just in case, although it will be hard to keep the news to myself.

Polaris, I agree with the other girls, 5 weeks is really quite early to see much and as the others have said, a day makes such a difference. Its a shame they can't get you an earlier appointment as 19th seems like so far away for you. Fingers crossed for you hon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->