• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone due in August?

Can I join?? I thought by my dates that I was due July 31, but with my first appointment the new EDD is Aug. 3. I won't get another scan until 17weeks for my amnio where they will do a more definitive dating. I recognize some names from the TTC forums, glad to see everyone still doing so well!!

Been a while done some research and just wanted to Say that there is light at the end of the tunnel while our bean left us to soon my Baby Sister in Law Okay 24 but she is Due July 21st Got ultrasound picture so we are getting a new family member just not to ours yet glad to here all are doing well hope to chat again soon

This thread has been quiet lately! How's everyone doing? I'm probably last in the month (EDD = 30 August) but I just had my 12w scan a couple of days ago and all good :) :) Pic in signature (a little wobbly though, beanie would not stay still!) Massive massive relief to get that out the way though, I was so nervous beforehand.

Now we have the interminable wait until the 20w scan! Soooo long between scans... I wish I was in the US, you girls seem to have scans way more frequently :thumbup:

Anyway, anyone else got scan pics to share?? I love looking at them!

xxx

I had my 12 week scan on Tuesday too, I was bumped up a few days to 13 weeks so my official due date is now 21st August. Which means that my last possible day in work will be 3rd August - only five and a half months to go! I feel like this pregnancy is going to fly by now that I've got past the dreaded first trimester! So much to do in work and so little time left to do it. It doesn't help that there will be no-one covering for me while I'm on maternity leave so basically whatever I don't get finished doesn't get done for a year!

Hey googley and Polaris...

Good to see everything all ok with you guys...I have a scan on Monday so hopefully I'll be staying in the thread too...do you believe it's real yet??

XxX

Hey Polaris and Never! (and all!)

Yeah it seems a bit more real now after the scan... it was v. cool to see little beanie moving around so much. My 'worry' level has dropped right down - for a while at least - but I know it will come back after no info/updates for a while! I also just heard a horrible story about a friend of a friend that had a 2nd tri MC, and that has certainly given me pause... but I think that's probably very rare. Just have to keep remembering that and not worrying too much! So yeah... I'm excited to start buying kit and supplies, although we're going to stick to window shopping for a while, probably won't start on purchasing until after the 20w scan.

Good luck with your scan Never!!

Thing is that this is a forum so people gather here and you will have more contact with people with bad stuff happening if that makes sense?

I was doing ok..have had three scans due to previous losses...always get anxious before a scan :dohh:

XxX

They are a bit nervewracking... I wish they would get in there right away and say 'oh look there's the heartbeat, nice and strong'! But each time (have had 2) I have waited as long as I could last and then eventually ask meekly if everything was looking ok!

Have NOT had very helpful technicians... this last one was an especially brusque old woman who was zipping around measuring bits and pieces and really didn't give us much of a commentary. At the end she said 'yes everything's looking fine!' but no explanation during :growlmad:

I would love to pay for a private scan... they don't do them much here though, everything has to be referred from a doc or midwife.

The junior doctor did my scan this time and I have to say he was very helpful, he said straight away 'there is the heartbeat and, look, baby is waving at you' and kept up a commentary throughout. I think maybe it was also because he had a student with him so he was showing her what he was doing. Baby was very active and wriggly during my scan which was lovely. It took ages too because baby wouldn't stay still for him to take dating measurements, so that was quite good too!

Wow, I am so jealous of you guys!! At my 12w appointment all I got was the HB and even then she didn't tell us what it was. Just that things sounded good. I have had to wait until my amnio (next week) to get another ultrasound. I almost got a bonus one the other week while i was working. One of the residents offered to do one "for fun" but since we didn't know the sex yet she said to wait or my DH might be upset he missed it. But I did get an extra doppler for the HB and it was in the 150's! I haven't seen the baby looking human yet!

Glad everything is looking good for everyone. I will know next week for sure when my EDD is, but for now it is still Aug 3! Take care everyone!

I'm looking forward to getting out of the first tri and hoping that all will now be a normal pregnancy...whatever that is :haha:

Are you UK based googly?

Polaris....it's amazing seeing them moving about...mine was active at the 11+3 scan :cloud9:

So is just the four of us still posting in here now?

CxX

I'm in New Zealand never...

Yeah seeing them moving around is the best - our beanie did a couple of sumasaults while she was trying to measure the NT, which was quite amusing :haha: also moved arms and legs around quite a bit. Cute.

Googly...for some reason just assumed you were UK based :dohh:

I have my official dating scan tomorrow...not as nervous now I am listening in daily with the doppler...godsend I tell you!

XxX

Hi I am going to be 41 (July) and am due with #5 on August 18, 2012. I have 4 boys - 10, 8, 6 and 4. The one thing I have found with this pregnancy is the extreme tiredness and reduced immunity... i seem to pick up every virus out there. Of course it does not help that the the older kids are high energy and in school with homework, projects, book reports, violin classes, soccer, taekwondo et al...

Maybe I'll have a calm sweet little girl this time around :)

Onlygirl...welcome and hope the journey isn;t too tirug the further along we get :wacko:

Went for my scan last Monday...all as is should be...dates changed again but I don't mind...I'm just grateful I am still pregnant!

How is everyone else doing?

XxX

Googly...for some reason just assumed you were UK based :dohh:

I have my official dating scan tomorrow...not as nervous now I am listening in daily with the doppler...godsend I tell you!

XxX

Hi Never, hey when did you first hear the HB on the Doppler? I just heard it for the first time today (14+3) - I've had the Doppler since 10w and have tried it every few days/week but today is only the first time I've been able to find it! (the ultrasound tech said my uterus was way back or something). I had tried it yesterday and - nothing still - but today, I found it immediately, so loud and clear! Crazy...

Anyway other than that, not much going on... I'm actually finding it pretty boring at the moment! (that's good though, no issues or sickness) - just counting down to the 20w scan.

Anyone had any scans or results lately?

RNTTC - I see you had an amnio - how was it?? I see also its a girl - congrats!!!

Hi Gals!

Thanks for asking about the amnio Googly! It was good. It had the really comprehensive scan so that was really cool. We even have a picture of just her foot (a tiny footprint). It is so sweet. The ultrasound looked perfect, and the amnio was okay. A little more cramping than I had anticipated but it went well with no complications. I am waiting for the definitive but they have left a message saying they have "excellent news" for us. The scan went so well that we kind of forgot about the amnio results and so didn't stress during that time. They did move my date back to July 30, but two people have predicted Aug 12 for my delivery... :haha:. I will be miserable if I am two weeks late!!! We are pretty excited for the girl! LAURYN ELIZABETH, it's kind of cool to refer to her by name now. I think I feel her, but mostly just feels like gas bubbles, and I can't tell when I am walking around or standing up. Oh well, I know the big movements are to come soon.

I'm glad that everyone is doing well. I don't check in as much because it just doesn't seem like much is going on with me or the thread. I'm happy to see familiar names when I do log in though. I keep a personal journal that I do weekly which makes me feel pretty good. Any news on the sex for anyone else???

Hey ladies!

I've been off the site for a while as reading the forums was freaking me out during my first trimester... Things are going really well though (knock on wood) so I thought I'd stop by. I'm due on August 4th and I'm sooo excited!! Just started to feel a little movement and have a ultrasound coming up so should know the gender this week...YAY!!! :happydance:

Have a great day everyone!!

Googly... After I had a scan at 11+3 I promised I'd buy the doppler and not stress if I couldn't find it. Got it at 12 weeks and heard it straight off and then for a while it took a while to find :haha: I use it all the time...keeps me sane :winkwink:

Oooo genders...I'm staying team yellow but get excited hearing about everyone else's baby :rofl:

XxX

Hi all August babies and mammas! How is everyone? Any progress to report??

Just wondering how everyone's doing, in particular if people have had their 20w/anatomy scan, and if so, how it went? Mine is in a week's time and I'm half excited, half nervous as hell! Can't WAIT to find out gender though.... :happydance:

I am a-ok anyway, feeling pretty good except for needing to go to bed by about 9pm most nights, and starting to feel v. large! Feeling baby lots over the last week or so, which is pretty exciting. S/he is an active one alright... :thumbup:

Hope you're all doing well anyway! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->